+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ive only ever had one and it was in my first year of red p plates.
    Holding phone (I was checking the time) = $300 and 3 points. I drove like a saint for the remaining of my p plate life and still do. I only had 1 point left and if I was to do anything wrong my license would have been gone. I've been on opens now for about 7mths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    One and only - speeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Years ago I got caught by a red light camera. It was a wet, rainy night and I was going slower than the speed limit trying to be careful.

DH has a long list, most recent was $300 odd dollars for consuming alcohol while driving. He wasn't over the limit at all, just drinking a beer driving home.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I honestly dont know how - but in over 10 years of driving I've never had a fine of any kind.

Hubby has had three speeding fines, which I do remind him about when he comments on my driving ability but my driving record is a clean slate

I have had several friends pulled over in the past few weeks .. for using their phone (texting or talking or fbing at lights) and seen how big the fine (and points!) punishment is ... so its something I certainly wont be doing from now on!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tootiredtosleep View Post
    Years ago I got caught by a red light camera. It was a wet, rainy night and I was going slower than the speed limit trying to be careful.

DH has a long list, most recent was $300 odd dollars for consuming alcohol while driving. He wasn't over the limit at all, just drinking a beer driving home.
    You're not allowed to have open containers of alcohol in a vehicle, it's very naughty. Also, if you are eating or drinking and have an accident, you will be charged with negligent driving.

I went through a red light and got a fine, and one for doing 60 in a school zone (on a major highway on the North of Sydney). I felt hideous for doing that, and I had 2 kids in the car with me, horrible. In 20 years of driving, those are the only fines I have incurred. Every time I get in the car I think omg, is this going to be the one that kills us, so paranoid.

Hmmm, and the 33K of fines..I would get that sorted pronto, and I am surprised your DH is not in jail. They put you in the watchhouse for unpaid fines over 1k, and they dont' let you out until you pay it off (through doign time, I think each day amounts to $250/day), or you can pay the fine upfront on the spot.

My sister ran up an amount of $1800 over unpaid library fees and there was a warrant out for her arrest. The police didn't care that she was a single MUm and didn't have money, I had to pay the fine or they were going to lock her up. I had another friend who owed 2K and he went in for a couple of weeks. He was brutally raped every day he was in there, and it destroyed his life, so really, it isn't something to mess around with or lie about. It's very serious business and throwing around ridiculous claims can put people in very dangerous situations. Always remember, this is a public forum, and some may see that as actual information, not just a load of codswallop.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubmum For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    I honestly dont know how - but in over 10 years of driving I've never had a fine of any kind.

Hubby has had three speeding fines, which I do remind him about when he comments on my driving ability but my driving record is a clean slate

I have had several friends pulled over in the past few weeks .. for using their phone (texting or talking or fbing at lights) and seen how big the fine (and points!) punishment is ... so its something I certainly wont be doing from now on!!
    FBing at lights, I love it..FB is so addictive. I pull over to check my phone sometimes. seriously stupid that I can't go 5 minutes without checking it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I stupidly did a U-turn at a set of traffic lights. I was one of about 6 cars that did it but the only one pulled over and I think I may have got off with a warning if it wasn't for my big mouth, the officer asked me if I knew it was illegal and I said yes. Then she was like "oh you KNEW it was illegal!" and went off to write me a ticket $150 and 2 points I have also had a few speeding fines but none since bub is born so I'm slowly getting my points back.

Funniest was when I was about 15 weeks pregnant and got pulled over for speeding and couldn't help myself I started bawling and when the officer asked me why I was so upset I just replied "I'm just pregnant and emotional" the officer gave me a strange look haha and my DH has never let me forget it.
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 26-05-2012 at 16:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got done for an illegal u-turn in my first couple of weeks of driving. Mum taught me and she always did them there, so I assumed it was legal. Until Mr policeman informed me you can only do a u-turn when there's a sign permitting it. I get SO mad still when I see others doing the same turn there and not getting booked! I got a speeding fine for 230 too about 2 years later because we were coming off gateway and had NO idea where we were and didn't notice it went from 80 to a 60 zone - then had to ask the cop for directions! Bit embarrassing!

I haven't gotten anything since being on my opens a few years ago, they were both on my P's.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubmum View Post
    You're not allowed to have open containers of alcohol in a vehicle, it's very naughty. Also, if you are eating or drinking and have an accident, you will be charged with negligent driving.

I went through a red light and got a fine, and one for doing 60 in a school zone (on a major highway on the North of Sydney). I felt hideous for doing that, and I had 2 kids in the car with me, horrible. In 20 years of driving, those are the only fines I have incurred. Every time I get in the car I think omg, is this going to be the one that kills us, so paranoid.

Hmmm, and the 33K of fines..I would get that sorted pronto, and I am surprised your DH is not in jail. They put you in the watchhouse for unpaid fines over 1k, and they dont' let you out until you pay it off (through doign time, I think each day amounts to $250/day), or you can pay the fine upfront on the spot.

My sister ran up an amount of $1800 over unpaid library fees and there was a warrant out for her arrest. The police didn't care that she was a single MUm and didn't have money, I had to pay the fine or they were going to lock her up. I had another friend who owed 2K and he went in for a couple of weeks. He was brutally raped every day he was in there, and it destroyed his life, so really, it isn't something to mess around with or lie about. It's very serious business and throwing around ridiculous claims can put people in very dangerous situations. Always remember, this is a public forum, and some may see that as actual information, not just a load of codswallop.
    That must vary state to state. I'm in Vic & when they came chasing around 5 grand of fines (most of them for using a toll road with an expired tag) the woman I dealt was very laid back & understanding about it all. No mention of doing time to pay it off at. all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    My husband started getting mail after his ex left and found out he had fines racked up in his name for a total of 33k traffic fines
    33 thousand dollars worth? Ummmmm ok... I don't see how that would even be possible?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast