+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Speeding (was overtaking) 115 in a 100. $300 ish and 3points. (4yrs ago)
    Bald tyre $100, 1point (8yrs ago)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ran a red light and cost $150. They are 'punishment' lights and I thought I had time to get through on the orange, otherwise the light cycle was 7 minutes and I would have missed my exam.
    I figured it was worth it at the time, and I was working so $150 wasnt much money

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    First fine in years was 8 days ago. Going 99 in an 80 zone, very rural road. Kicking myself cos I usually have the cruise control on! Didn't have anything planned for that $220 anyway

ETA - There was a religious debate on the radio at the time!
    Last edited by Rutabaga; 26-05-2012 at 01:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never had any fines or been pulled over.. I have been driving now for 4 years and have only ever encountered a RBT once
    Im always driving! I suppose I'm just lucky lol.

DH on the other hand... $666 speeding fine
    It was our car registered under his small business so he lost no points but had to pay double the fine.. I was so not happy!!!

Funny story.. When I first met my husband he Had a real old bomb for a car it was a 17 year old Magna...
    It was falling apart.
    The hand brake never worked and we he had to carry bricks around in his car to put behind the wheels so the car didn't roll away when parked!! Haha
    he would quite often drive along the high way and put the hand brake up to try and scare me but nothing ever happened because it was broken.

One day we went driving, it had been raining and the road was an empty long straight street and it was about 1am in the morning..

Any way we were driving along and Dh decided to pull the hand brake up to try and scare me.. Well for some reason the hand brake worked this time!! We went flying off the road and I don't think I have ever in my life heard a man scream so loud

A cop happened to be just down the road and had seen what had happened and DH got a fine.

He was so shaken up he never ever mucked around with the hand brake again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Um dont remember how much but $300ish when I was on my red Ps for speeding. 20 something kms over the limit :/ Suspended for 6 months. I was young and stupid and it was 1am on a Wednesday night going down a dip and needed the momentum to go up the other side...) And one really bad parking fine. $200ish. I dont remember why though... I think I parked overtime (30 minute limit).

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember a couple years ago, we got a parking ticket coz we were new to the whole "paying for parkin' and we were in a rush to line up for Harry Potter haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The only fines I've had in my 5 and a half years of driving are 2 for parking. Once while I was at the hair dressers for too long and once while I was at work and couldn't be bothered going down to move my car. No points lost for either obviously

Also as much as I'd love to be pulled over for a RBT I'm always the first car they let through after pulling cars over!! No fair!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No fines yet, and have been driving for 13 or 14 years.
    I did avoid one fine though, failing to stop at a stop sign. I was so sick with the flu, heavily pregnant, tired, morning sickness still.. And there are 3 stop signs between my house and my daughters school. One is a slight hill start on the way back, and I just felt like I had no energy to do it, so just slowed down. Mr police man was in the street to the left of me..
    It was around the time that swine flu was in the news, so I'm pretty sure the policeman thought that's what i had. He literally took a step back from the car once he realised I had the flu lol.
    I had also left my entire bag at home, with my licence in it.. I must have looked so miserable that he took pity on me and let me off on both counts with a warning and sent me on my way I was so grateful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and *touch wood* because I don't want any fines!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My husband started getting mail after his ex left and found out he had fines racked up in his name for a total of 33k traffic fines