+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I give the phone to the 2yr old too. After 2minutes of repeated 'hello..Daddy!!...hello...Daddy!!!..hello..ok...Da d!!' they usually hang up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive had people calling for weeks, every day asking for someone, and I tell them EVERY time that person does bot live here , so please stop calling , to no avail. And also the scam going around ATM , people calling from 'microsoft' andvi have alerts from my computer. I tell them I have no computer and hang up, or play stupid. But jut hang up next time maybe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It might sound rude but as soon as I know it's a telemarketer I hang up the phone. I don't wanna deal with that

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    creepy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki24 View Post
    Ive had people calling for weeks, every day asking for someone, and I tell them EVERY time that person does bot live here , so please stop calling , to no avail. And also the scam going around ATM , people calling from 'microsoft' andvi have alerts from my computer. I tell them I have no computer and hang up, or play stupid. But jut hang up next time maybe.
    Lol we get those Microsoft calls. My dh is in IT so he will generally bait them along with tech questions etc. what's even funnier we have an iMac

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki24 View Post
    MIL gets those calls too. She always comes up with different responses. Latest one was (in a really sad voice) "no, we don't have a computer, we are too poor". They couldn't hang up fast enough lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister got the microsoft one and she kept sounding very interested as she walked down the hall hopped on a chair and held the ph up to the smoke alarm and pressed the test button

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ScarlettLily For This Useful Post:

Mopoke  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate the way these people either assume you're married, or that besause you're a chick, you don't know the family's business. If you are part of a couple, surely you're both authorised to answer Q's about the bill or service? I'd ring the company and say, "Can you add me to the list of people authorised to deal with service requests about this phone number?" The company ahould have been less ho-hum, as maybe it wasn't someone calling from their company after all. Definitely suss, in this day and age!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Pink-Hen View Post
    Lol we get those Microsoft calls. My dh is in IT so he will generally bait them along with tech questions etc. what's even funnier we have an iMac
    My DF is in IT too and when I got the Microsoft call the other day I asked him what to say, he said to tell them we use linux (however you spell it!) so I said "are you talking about my linux computer??" and she said "no the Microsoft one" and I just babbled on about what was "wrong" with my linux one and she hung up haha!

I really hate having a landline for this reason, as soon as I see private number I know it's them! I brought a "no hawkers" sign so we don't get door knockers anymore either!

OP, I would be weirded out, that doesn't sound like a normal thing they should ask at all!
    My step dad had one (from a telecommunications company) ring once and when he said he wasn't interested this guy got abusive and said inappropriate things about his daughter and he kept calling for weeks, the police said they couldn't do anything at all!

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by swizzlestick View Post
    I might need to work on some excuses to get off the phone in a hurry for the next telemarketer!
    You could always be a bit crude and tell them he's in the bathroom taking care of some business. See what reaction you get then?