+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not really one to use cook books, I kinda just experiment... But the one cook book I do love is "like grandma used to make"... It gets a work out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Thermomix everyday cookbook
    Taste.com.au
    Thermomix forum
    Google "********* thermomix"
    Same

Guest Guest
    I like bestrecipes.com Taste.com can have some pretty crappy recipes. Best thing is to read the reviews, people give good tips if the recipe didn't really work.
    My favourite cookbook is Nigella Express, just practical easy dinners. Her double chocolate chip cookies are devine! She has a good website with all her recipes there. I love Nigella

I've been wanting that cookbook for ages (the cooks companion) and you reminded me about it again. The other one I use a lot is my Jenny Craig and csiro cookbooks. Nothing fancy, just simple healthy dinners.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My Jamie Oliver books - I have heaps and refer to them a lot.
    The Cook's Companion - Stephanie Alexander
    The Essentials of Japanese Cooking - Tokiko Suzuki
    My Nigella books.

I have like over 100 cookbooks though. I love them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmmm foooood! Lol

Most used would be the
    - 4 ingredients cookbooks #1 & #2
    - 500 cookies by Philippa Vanstone
    - At My Table and all the Simple cookbook range by Donna Hay

I also trawl through taste.com, donnahay.com and allrecipes.com at least a couple of times a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Have you done the poached egg from Heston? And the cheese sauce with no flour/roux??
    No - first thing I made was pork scratchings!! My husband wants me to try the poached egg method though. I need to get a kitchen thermometer / digital probe first - nearly all his recipes require accurate temperature readings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    Taste.com can have some pretty crappy recipes. Best thing is to read the reviews, people give good tips if the recipe didn't really work.
    The reviews/comments are my favourite feature of taste.com.au - always best to see how others have tweaked a recipe to get it right! There are some bad recipes on there, but when I search I sort by "highest rated", so I get the ones with the best reviews & often more comments on method/ingredients etc.

Oh, and one more cookbook I love - "Woman's Weekly The Country Table". Really old fashioned recipes, but I haven't had a dud from it yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got given the Aldi one for mothers day. The one where all the ingredients are only from aldi... I like it. I have made a few things from it and not just used aldi ingredients but what i have got in my cupboard...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At the risk of sounding like my Mum, I'd say my most used cookbook is my Margaret Fulton and then the baby book and then the slow cooker book. Not very adventurous food in my house at the moment, children are on some kind of painful eating phase!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Speaking of Heston, I did his roast chicken and also his chicken stock. The roast was amazing, so unbelievably juicy. And the stock is yummy, made some delicious meals for DD using it and she loves it. Also made a veggie soup using it and my fussy DS ate a whole bowl of it - two nights in a row! I love trying new recipes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Speaking of Heston, I did his roast chicken and also his chicken stock. The roast was amazing, so unbelievably juicy.
    Oh - I'm really keen to try his roast chicken. My main problem is all his recipes require SO much time - something I seem to have less of these days! Still, I managed to find 5 hours to dry the pork scratchings , so just need to make the commitment to whichever recipe I next choose

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 4fullstop For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (28-05-2012)