+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    I absolutely don't believe in hell or a judgement day. The notion of a judgement day makes no sense to me. I don't believe in the bible and I absolutely don't believe in Satan. I find it hard to believe that some still do. I believe that we are living hell on earth right now. You only need to take a look around to see it.

I believe that God does not judge. My God doesn't judge because He loves us exactly as He made us. He will accept us as we are because if God does not judge, then why would He need to forgive us? We ALL sin. Anyone who says they don't sin is lying so therefore a sinner. I believe that everyone who dies is remorseful on the other side. I know this because I speak with the dead regularly.

I've said before and I'll say it again, my God is a God that only knows love. He doesn't know anything else but that and that's the God that I want to follow.
    That's really interesting, I've never met a Christian who didn't believe in the bible. Do you consider yourself a Christian? Like if someone asked you what religion you practiced, what should you say?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe that Hell is eternal separation from God. I don't really know what I believe exactly in terms of if hell is an actual 'place', or if it just means that when you die, there is just nothing, that it is the absence of going to heaven... but the fact that it is separation from God is enough for me to know that I never want to experience it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post

See I don't believe we are sinning, I don't believe we are all bad, I don't believe we should be afraid of every move and that every thought has a consequence.
    Neither does God, as he talks about ones he deems' righteous and meek', despite their imperfections. But fearing God (fear as in respect and awe) helps us to live up to those standards and pay attention to God in all we do, thats a positive thing, not a negative

I believe god gave us life, a life to live... To enjoy, to love, to laugh and to make mistakes but most of all to look after each other.
    I can't bring myself to believe in a cruel god, in a god who watches my every move, who judges my every thought. That isn't my god.
    Of course! I agree with you, i dont believe God is cruel either. He watches us cause he loves us and is interested in us and gives us standards to live by as he wants the best for us (just as we do our own children)The bible says "God IS love" He is everything that love is and entails.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    I believe that Hell is eternal separation from God. I don't really know what I believe exactly in terms of if hell is an actual 'place', or if it just means that when you die, there is just nothing, that it is the absence of going to heaven... but the fact that it is separation from God is enough for me to know that I never want to experience it.
    I was wondering when you'd turn up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwant2beamummy View Post
    I was wondering when you'd turn up!
    Hi!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's really interesting, I've never met a Christian who didn't believe in the bible. Do you consider yourself a Christian? Like if someone asked you what religion you practiced, what should you say?
    I believe the bible to be very flawed, it's tainted by man. Scripture is nothing without prayer and the Holy Ghost.

I'm definitely a Christian. A Christian is anyone who believes Jesus is the son of God and died for us.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (27-05-2012),MinkyJ  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I believe the bible to be very flawed, it's tainted by man. Scripture is nothing without prayer and the Holy Ghost.

I'm definitely a Christian. A Christian is anyone who believes Jesus is the son of God and died for us.
    So what do you base your beliefs on?

I know there are definitely errors in some translations so we do a lot of checking back to see what the original words are. I find the NASB a really good translation. I've always trusted that as God's word he has protected the bible and I truly believe he inspired the people who wrote it. With all the intricacies, parallels and prohecies threaded throughout- I don't think mankind would be smart enough to make that stuff up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow really? I know at least 15 people who call themselves Christians and don't believe in the bible or the church. Blissed out said it perfectly but in my own words, If someone asks me what religion I practice I simply say I don't practice a religion. Religion is man made, my relationship with God and Jesus is real and tangible to me. A Christian to me is someone who believes in God and His son Jesus. That is me.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So what do you base your beliefs on?

I know there are definitely errors in some translations so we do a lot of checking back to see what the original words are. I find the NASB a really good translation. I've always trusted that as God's word he has protected the bible and I truly believe he inspired the people who wrote it. With all the intricacies, parallels and prohecies threaded throughout- I don't think mankind would be smart enough to make that stuff up!
    I base my beliefs on my relationship with God and Jesus. I base my beliefs on my instinct. If it feels right I go with the belief. If it feels like a bunch of hogwash then it probably is so I discard that belief and keep what feels right to me. My instinct is thanks to my communications with my Creator.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the end of the day, it's a personal thing to each of us and we are all going to have different beliefs and opinions.

I truly believe God would love nothing more than for all his creations (humans) to know Him, Love Him, and believe that He sent His only son, to be the redeemer of all humans sins, as His son, was the only man, to have never sinned, thus being able to take in the worlds sin in his death.

I believe whether we believe in God or not, we are all judged. For those that believe, our sins are forgiven and we are judges on our good deeds and how we have responded to Gods call in our lives here on earth. God does prepare a room for us all whom believe in Him, and it's to my understanding that those rooms will each fit our judgement (I think they'll all be spectacular - my own thought here).

I think those who have chosen not to believe in God whilst on earth will be judged, sins and all.

While I believe all who believe in God, will be with Him in heaven, I also believe those who don't believe, will be thrown into the lake of fire, along with Satan, and I take this as an all living hell, like a continuance of torture for all days... For ever!!

I think the easiest way to look at God and understand judgement is to look at ourselves as parents or our parents as parents and know that when our children do the wrong thing, we judge them, and give them a punishment to show them and hope to teach them that whatever it is they have done was unacceptable. On the flip side, when our children achieve something or go out of there way for us, or show integrity, we compliment them,
    Pass a good judgement of them and praise them for their efforts. It works both ways. When our kids have done wrong and they have paid the price, we don't keep bringing it up to remind them, we don't keep punishing them over and over, we hope they have learnt from their mistake and move on. This is how I believe our father in heaven looks at us also.

Just my opinions and I do base a lot of my opinions on what the bible teaches me, going to bible studies regularly and attending church to help me grow in knowledge.

I don't think jus going to church makes you a Christian.

A Christian is someone who is a Christ followerer. A believer is someone who actively believes that Christ died so that their sins could be forgiven and that they could one say go to heaven to be with God and share in His glory.