+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Because, knomie, you're being hypocritical. You're taking one verse literally and the other metaphorically because that's how it suits you.

You pick and choose what of the Bible you want to believe while in the same breath stating that the bible is true, and gods word and blah blah.

I tried out Christianity for a good while in high school and rejected it in the end because I got sick of hypocrites using bible verses to prove points instead and then saying in response to other things "well, we can disregard that now, that's not what Jesus said".

And then you make homophobic statements but can be covered because you're doing it in the name of god and you're entitled to your religious beliefs?

I'm techincally Jewish, but I bet if I said "well the torah says black people are sinners because they're black" I'd be called out as a racist, and rightly so. I don't hide behind my religion in order to spout bigoted views.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (28-05-2012)

Guest Guest
    On the topic of gay. It was brought up because we were talking about sins and the bible does talk about this as a sin. No one can deny that. However, if that's the case, I'm also a wh0ore and need forgiveness (which I've never asked for )

Honestly, I don't think it's a topic to discuss here. It's inappropriate and can be offensive, I'm pretty sure there was a thread about it not long ago that went into detail. I think most people can agree being gay is NOT a sin, everyone needs to support equal rights and accept this as much as you accept a woman and man in a relationship. It's normal and it's human nature, this is how God made us. If you accept God in all his glory, then you MUST accept this over and beyond what any priest, pope or politician tells you. God comes first.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (28-05-2012),Etienne  (28-05-2012),Gandalf  (28-05-2012),knomie  (28-05-2012),onionskin  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Because, knomie, you're being hypocritical. You're taking one verse literally and the other metaphorically because that's how it suits you.

You pick and choose what of the Bible you want to believe while in the same breath stating that the bible is true, and gods word and blah blah.

I tried out Christianity for a good while in high school and rejected it in the end because I got sick of hypocrites using bible verses to prove points instead and then saying in response to other things "well, we can disregard that now, that's not what Jesus said".

And then you make homophobic statements but can be covered because you're doing it in the name of god and you're entitled to your religious beliefs?

I'm techincally Jewish, but I bet if I said "well the torah says black people are sinners because they're black" I'd be called out as a racist, and rightly so. I don't hide behind my religion in order to spout bigoted views.
    Can you please stop hijacking my thread?

Go and stir up someone else

I have not made ONE "homophobic" comment and have been very respectful.
    I have gays in my family for goodness sake!

For the record, I am not stupid nor a hypocrite and I find this offensive. I do realise that not all the bible is butterflies and rainbows.

I use bible verses to show my opinion. And also to see how others use that particular verse.

The only hypocrite here is you, posting drama in an otherwise fairly well participated thread.

Think what you want about me because frankly I do not care

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for tithing... my church runs out of a school hall. The money that is given to the church is shown to us. Then it is shown for what its spent oN. Eg they will tell us that the last 4 months is going towards a certain missionary in blah.

I know that alot of churches use money for silly things. ..
    I got told to psy $350 to get married IN this church as it was used to pay for the electricity and air conditioning!!!!!

We then had to give a separate donation to the priest who conducted the ceremony.

mummy to gods gift to us

FearlessLeader is online now Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    Can you please stop hijacking my thread?

mummy to gods gift to us
    LOL if you keep asking her questions and responding to her posts, then it's not hijacking. She was answering your question.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Jakois  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Christened at an early age, rejected Christianity in my teens.

Am now a pagan who believes that Jesus existed and had a very important message to share, love.
    I love Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus etc etc etc...
    Of course mainly the ones who understood the message of love and no judgement,

I don't believe in hell.

I also know my innate sexuality is not a sin!!!
    I'm a good, stable,happy person who happened to spring forth into existence as a lesbian.
    I've been gay as long as I can remember.

But I digress

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Purpz For This Useful Post:

knomie  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't believe tithing is under the new covenant. I believe that giving is and it's not limited to 10% nor is it limited by money. Tithing was for the levites under the levitical law...we are no longer under that law.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    LOL if you keep asking her questions and responding to her posts, then it's not hijacking. She was answering your question.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Touché

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    Im just curious... why do you pray to Mary when you can pray direct to Jesus?? He says he is the way to the father

mummy to gods gift to us
    Again I say I pray through Mary and not TO her. There are several reasons I think. One because she's a woman and the highest role model for me in that sense - also because I come from a family where showing reverence to Our Lady and recognising her special place as Jesus' mother has been passed down to me and also because I like the structured prayer of the rosary and also believe in the miracles of appearances where she asked us to pray the rosary.

Prayer for me comes in different forms and I talk to Jesus in prayer many times during my day and it is to Him I mainly pray, even in formal prayers. I have been taught to build my relationship with God through Jesus so am trying to do this and it's been very fulfilling (I have a long way to go yet).

Let's say I've covered all bases! lol

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brownsugar For This Useful Post:

knomie  (28-05-2012),mrsd  (28-05-2012)