+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 159
  1. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    1234
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    887
    Thanked
    583
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I guess... I just can see it getting ugly from here on in

    ***Sent from my phone***

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the sticks!!
    Posts
    20,635
    Thanks
    3,222
    Thanked
    2,540
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    and people rocked up with signs stating they were going to 'hell'.

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tenambit.
    Posts
    9,037
    Thanks
    1,564
    Thanked
    2,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    If you dont believe in god then why do you care what we are discussing?
    )
    Just wanted to point out that there are 'Atheist Christians' out there -- some of who wear a collar and preach the teachings of Jesus

    A christian is just someone who 'follows the teachings of chirst' - they don't HAVE to believe in god.


    - *goes back to quietly reading
    *

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the sticks!!
    Posts
    20,635
    Thanks
    3,222
    Thanked
    2,540
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    I guess... I just can see it getting ugly from here on in

    ***Sent from my phone***
    Yeah, I hope not

  5. #145
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    415
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked
    84
    Reviews
    1
    Ok!
    Anyhow.....

    I will say this then off to a new topic....
    I will Never be that person holding a picket sign saying they are going to hell. I believe what I believe and that's that.
    We are here to discuss our difference of opinions. I can tell someone till im blue in the face about what I think and they won't change their mind, just as you can tell me something and I won't change mine. So let's just keep our discussion clean and PLEASE for the love of God dont take what im saying as a personal attack on gays, sex before marriage, etc.



    Anyway, let's get back to differing opinions and steer away from getting this debate heated.

    So, what do you believe in regards to tithing?

    mummy to gods gift to us

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,710
    Thanks
    1,392
    Thanked
    7,295
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    Ok!
    Anyhow.....

    I will say this then off to a new topic....
    I will Never be that person holding a picket sign saying they are going to hell. I believe what I believe and that's that.
    We are here to discuss our difference of opinions. I can tell someone till im blue in the face about what I think and they won't change their mind, just as you can tell me something and I won't change mine. So let's just keep our discussion clean and PLEASE for the love of God dont take what im saying as a personal attack on gays, sex before marriage, etc.



    Anyway, let's get back to differing opinions and steer away from getting this debate heated.

    So, what do you believe in regards to tithing?

    mummy to gods gift to us
    People often hide behind religion when sprouting bigoted views. You should expect to be challenged on your own thoughts, and not just quote from the bible. God gave us a brain!

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

    Etienne  (28-05-2012),Gandalf  (28-05-2012)

  8. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the sticks!!
    Posts
    20,635
    Thanks
    3,222
    Thanked
    2,540
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Tithing, like everything else should be done with a happy heart (God loves a happy giver) and should be done prayerfully

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

    Happy2be3  (28-05-2012)

  10. #148
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    4,087
    Thanks
    1,466
    Thanked
    1,215
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    Ok!
    Anyhow.....

    I will say this then off to a new topic....
    I will Never be that person holding a picket sign saying they are going to hell. I believe what I believe and that's that.
    We are here to discuss our difference of opinions. I can tell someone till im blue in the face about what I think and they won't change their mind, just as you can tell me something and I won't change mine. So let's just keep our discussion clean and PLEASE for the love of God dont take what im saying as a personal attack on gays, sex before marriage, etc.



    Anyway, let's get back to differing opinions and steer away from getting this debate heated.

    So, what do you believe in regards to tithing?

    mummy to gods gift to us
    IMO, tithing is just another way for the church to take advantage of it's "followers" and convince them that if they tithe they're a good person Pffttt! I used to go to a church where a convicted pedophile tithed 10% of his income and that made him think he had a one way ticket to heaven.

    God and Jesus don't demand that I or anyone tithe. It won't make a me a better person and it certainly doesn't exempt me from the "sins" that I may commit in my lifetime. I give to different organisations that I believe in. I give some of my money to my famly when they need it. This is my way of tithing. I refuse to give my money to a church who will do what they want with it anyways. I've been involved heavily in a church organisation and I can tell you first hand I was appalled at where the money actually went. If you knew, you'd be appalled too. I was also told by the members of the parish that this is nothing new!

    I'm generalising of course but the church has a lot to answer for on "judgement day"

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

    sandy cheeks  (28-05-2012)

  12. #149
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Just wanted to point out that there are 'Atheist Christians' out there -- some of who wear a collar and preach the teachings of Jesus

    A christian is just someone who 'follows the teachings of chirst' - they don't HAVE to believe in god.


    - *goes back to quietly reading
    *
    This is a discussion worthy of it's own thread I believe.

  13. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the sticks!!
    Posts
    20,635
    Thanks
    3,222
    Thanked
    2,540
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    IMO, tithing is just another way for the church to take advantage of it's "followers" and convince them that if they tithe they're a good person Pffttt! I used to go to a church where a convicted pedophile tithed 10% of his income and that made him think he had a one way ticket to heaven.

    God and Jesus don't demand that I or anyone tithe. It won't make a me a better person and it certainly doesn't exempt me from the "sins" that I may commit in my lifetime. I give to different organisations that I believe in. I give some of my money to my famly when they need it. This is my way of tithing. I refuse to give my money to a church who will do what they want with it anyways. I've been involved heavily in a church organisation and I can tell you first hand I was appalled at where the money actually went. If you knew, you'd be appalled too. I was also told by the members of the parish that this is nothing new!

    I'm generalising of course but the church has a lot to answer for on "judgement day"
    In some cases it might be used wrongly but I believe it is down to individual prayer and giving. The churches I go to could not run if no one tithed....the pastor could not earn an income if no one tithed and the church could not give to missions, etc. I don't think tithing should be done legalistically and should not be forced but definitely something to be prayed about.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

    mrsd  (28-05-2012)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Question for Christians?
    By Janesmum123 in forum Religion / Spirituality
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 17-12-2012, 20:29
  2. Christians - what are your favourite songs of praise?
    By Happy2be3 in forum Religion / Spirituality
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-07-2012, 15:08
  3. Christians .... please help me
    By knomie in forum Religion / Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 23-05-2012, 21:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Mother and Baby Shop
Save $$$ during our Christmas Sale Mother and Baby Shop
Great prices on Schoenhut kids pianos, toys, baby clothing as well as big brands like Pigeon, NUK, Cherub Baby and many more. Sale starts on 1 November 2016 and ends on the 27 December 2016. Hurry! Place your order today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Wendys Music School
Wendy’s Music School. Experience, Quality and great service! For qualifying students we will get you playing or singing your favourite music in 90 days GUARANTEED! Book a free assessment online now!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!