Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I guess... I just can see it getting ugly from here on in

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    and people rocked up with signs stating they were going to 'hell'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    If you dont believe in god then why do you care what we are discussing?
    )
    Just wanted to point out that there are 'Atheist Christians' out there -- some of who wear a collar and preach the teachings of Jesus

A christian is just someone who 'follows the teachings of chirst' - they don't HAVE to believe in god.

- *goes back to quietly reading

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    I guess... I just can see it getting ugly from here on in

***Sent from my phone***
    Yeah, I hope not

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok!
    Anyhow.....

I will say this then off to a new topic....
    I will Never be that person holding a picket sign saying they are going to hell. I believe what I believe and that's that.
    We are here to discuss our difference of opinions. I can tell someone till im blue in the face about what I think and they won't change their mind, just as you can tell me something and I won't change mine. So let's just keep our discussion clean and PLEASE for the love of God dont take what im saying as a personal attack on gays, sex before marriage, etc.

Anyway, let's get back to differing opinions and steer away from getting this debate heated.

So, what do you believe in regards to tithing?

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Ok!
    Anyhow.....

I will Never be that person holding a picket sign saying they are going to hell. I believe what I believe and that's that.
    We are here to discuss our difference of opinions. I can tell someone till im blue in the face about what I think and they won't change their mind, just as you can tell me something and I won't change mine. So let's just keep our discussion clean and PLEASE for the love of God dont take what im saying as a personal attack on gays, sex before marriage, etc.

Anyway, let's get back to differing opinions and steer away from getting this debate heated.

mummy to gods gift to us
    People often hide behind religion when sprouting bigoted views. You should expect to be challenged on your own thoughts, and not just quote from the bible. God gave us a brain!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (28-05-2012),Gandalf  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tithing, like everything else should be done with a happy heart (God loves a happy giver) and should be done prayerfully

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok!
    Anyhow.....

mummy to gods gift to us
    IMO, tithing is just another way for the church to take advantage of it's "followers" and convince them that if they tithe they're a good person Pffttt! I used to go to a church where a convicted pedophile tithed 10% of his income and that made him think he had a one way ticket to heaven.

God and Jesus don't demand that I or anyone tithe. It won't make a me a better person and it certainly doesn't exempt me from the "sins" that I may commit in my lifetime. I give to different organisations that I believe in. I give some of my money to my famly when they need it. This is my way of tithing. I refuse to give my money to a church who will do what they want with it anyways. I've been involved heavily in a church organisation and I can tell you first hand I was appalled at where the money actually went. If you knew, you'd be appalled too. I was also told by the members of the parish that this is nothing new!

I'm generalising of course but the church has a lot to answer for on "judgement day"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

sandy cheeks  (28-05-2012)

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Just wanted to point out that there are 'Atheist Christians' out there -- some of who wear a collar and preach the teachings of Jesus

A christian is just someone who 'follows the teachings of chirst' - they don't HAVE to believe in god.

- *goes back to quietly reading
    This is a discussion worthy of it's own thread I believe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    IMO, tithing is just another way for the church to take advantage of it's "followers" and convince them that if they tithe they're a good person Pffttt! I used to go to a church where a convicted pedophile tithed 10% of his income and that made him think he had a one way ticket to heaven.

God and Jesus don't demand that I or anyone tithe. It won't make a me a better person and it certainly doesn't exempt me from the "sins" that I may commit in my lifetime. I give to different organisations that I believe in. I give some of my money to my famly when they need it. This is my way of tithing. I refuse to give my money to a church who will do what they want with it anyways. I've been involved heavily in a church organisation and I can tell you first hand I was appalled at where the money actually went. If you knew, you'd be appalled too. I was also told by the members of the parish that this is nothing new!

I'm generalising of course but the church has a lot to answer for on "judgement day"
    In some cases it might be used wrongly but I believe it is down to individual prayer and giving. The churches I go to could not run if no one tithed....the pastor could not earn an income if no one tithed and the church could not give to missions, etc. I don't think tithing should be done legalistically and should not be forced but definitely something to be prayed about.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

mrsd  (28-05-2012)