+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I believe Jesus and God are separate

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    Thanks, i'll have a read.
    Just for the record, I am reading and quoting from the bible.
    I am not gay, so I dont know how this feels. However, I have two gay family members - both of which are christians.

As I said, I an not gay but both of my family members told me that they dont believe they were born this way. They believe that they were pushed this way. One due to constantly being told pink is for girls not boys etc. The other for being exposed to gay culture early in adolescents.

I am not saying that you are a liar and were not born this way, I am saying what I have experienced.

Now, being gay in itself is not a sin. It is the act that is. A man laying with a man as he should a woman etc.

Both of my family members have abstained from Sex as they also believe this.

That's not to say that you can't have a fulfilling life or that its not fair to gays, but everyone has hurdles in life, some just more difficult then others.

I hope I didn't cause offence as none was intended, I only pointed out that particular scripture as I was already reading that book in the bible, which I believe to he true.

mummy to gods gift to us
    Knomie, you seem to take the bible quite literally? Tell me, if your child talks back to you, will you stone them to death as the bible also instructs?

Quote Originally Posted by KnockKnockPenny View Post
    No I'm not a Christian. I did go to a Christian High School. I just can't believe in a god where he doesnt accept everyone, even though he supposedly made them.
    Same here.

And I don't like being told I'm a sinner because I happen to love another woman because you're also lumping me in the same box as murderers and rapists (incidentally - people who my lesbian girlfriend helps keep off our streets).

FTM2012 - the God I believe in is just like yours, I don't believe Jesus was the son of God though, I believe he was a very wise man who had a knack for storytelling (not in a bad way).

I'll bow out now - just wanted to touch on the quoted points.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

KnockKnockPenny  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I completely take the Bible literally, I believe it is all or nothing. We are not longer under the law in Leviticus and we have to be careful not to fall into being legalsitic. Everyone is a sinner, being a Christian does not make anyone sinless, only Jesus was without sin and by the grace of God, he covers us. I am not a supporter of Christians lobbying against other people's lifestyles as I believe it spreads hate, not love. Scripture means NOTHING to those who don't believe.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

knomie  (28-05-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    So do you reject the entire Old Testament (Genesis etc) or just Leviticus? Because that's a contradiction right there - all or nothing (but not *this*?)

If homosexuality was so sinful, wouldn't it have been included it in the Ten Commandments? There's nothing about same sex relations in the Ten Commandments, just about adultery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    So do you reject the entire Old Testament (Genesis etc) or just Leviticus? Because that's a contradiction right there - all or nothing (but not *this*?)

If homosexuality was so sinful, wouldn't it have been included it in the Ten Commandments? There's nothing about same sex relations in the Ten Commandments, just about adultery.
    No, I definitely don't reject Genesis, creation, etc. Jesus tells us that we are no longer under the laws of Leviticus and that the commandments all come down to love 'Love your neighbour as yourself...'

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. (NIV, Matthew 7:1-5)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

knomie  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Knomie, you seem to take the bible quite literally? Tell me, if your child talks back to you, will you stone them to death as the bible also instructs?

Same here.

And I don't like being told I'm a sinner because I happen to love another woman because you're also lumping me in the same box as murderers and rapists (incidentally - people who my lesbian girlfriend helps keep off our streets).

FTM2012 - the God I believe in is just like yours, I don't believe Jesus was the son of God though, I believe he was a very wise man who had a knack for storytelling (not in a bad way).

I'll bow out now - just wanted to touch on the quoted points.
    If you dont believe in god then why do you care what we are discussing?

For the record I would stone my child to death. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Of course I wouldn't! It wouldn't cross my mind! That would make me a Murderer.

Thats just really silly. That passage was read out of context

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    I thought only jehovas witness believe that Jesus and God are separate entities.

So do you believe that God and Jesus are different?

I believe that Jesus is God and also thats what the catholic were teaching in high school as well as my families (catholic) belief.

Im not quite sure what I would call myself, perhaps a born again christian?

My church is a christian church, we dont have any customs as in, candles and holy water etc. We dont do christenings as we dont believe that baptising a baby will keep them from hell right through to old age. (Although I baptised my baby maronite to keep the in laws happy which I was happy to do)
    We do dedications on our children. It is more for the parents, before god dedicating our lives to bring our children up in Gods way.

mummy to gods gift to us
    LDS believe they're separate entities too. They believe the 'Holy Trinity' (Godhead) work together, but as individual entities.

We don't baptise until the child can make understand their choices, we don't believe you can sin until you know the difference between good and bad. Young children are pure.
    Last edited by BlissedOut; 28-05-2012 at 11:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok.. Hold on a minute!

Why on earth are we discussing gay and lesbian relationships and sinning and stuff here? I thought this thread was about heaven versus hell and if one believes in it???????

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the thread has just evolved, as most do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Ok.. Hold on a minute!

Why on earth are we discussing gay and lesbian relationships and sinning and stuff here? I thought this thread was about heaven versus hell and if one believes in it???????

***Sent from my phone***
    I guess because some believe that gays/lesbians will go to hell for sinning. I realised this a while ago when my poor friend attended an equal rights rally and people rocked up with signs stating they were going to 'hell'.