+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockKnockPenny View Post
    This website may interest you re your questions about homosexuality. It's a website made by Christians, interpreting the bible from the original languages and not the butchered versions that are around today

Www.hoperemains.webs.com

And for what it's worth, I am gay and I don't like being called a sinner. How would u feel if someone told you that the way you were born is a sin?
    I tried to read this but I found it abit difficult to keep up.
    Personally I think the bible wrote these sins as were relevant in society at the time. I don't think homosexuality was accepted and therefore grouped in with other sins. I don't know any Christians who have never sinned. If I lived at the time the bible was written and did things like sleep with men before marriage Id have probably been rejected and labeled a *****.
    Homosexuality wasn't rejected by Jesus, I don't think there are any scriptures where Jesus talks about this? Jesus teaches us to love, God only knows love. If you love someone and live a good life then that's what God wants, God won't reject someone because they love, after all, it's how he made us. If God made someone gay and Jesus teaches us to love, but, in the same breath told you you weren't made the way God intended and you can't have love in your life, they're being hypocrites. Jesus spoke about hypocrites, I'll look for the verse.

You can't say someone chooses to be gay and you can't tell someone that God made them gay but expects them to stay celibate so not to sin, that makes no sense to me? Do we not call se x love making? If 2 people love each other as God intended, how can their se x be anything other than love not sin?
    If someone follows the bible and believes in being celibate that is ofcourse their choice, as is no se x before marriage, no se x for pleasure and only to procreate, no drinking alcohol, no lying, cheating etc etc. otherwise we're all sinners in Gods eyes and I don't believe God is cruel to make humans as he did and condemn them for loving who they love.

If we follow Jesus, would Jesus have rejected a gay person and told him he's going to hell?
    JMO

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

CaptainJaneway  (27-05-2012),Deserama  (28-05-2012),Elijahs Mum  (27-05-2012),Etienne  (28-05-2012),KnockKnockPenny  (27-05-2012),Purpz  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockKnockPenny View Post
    No I'm not a Christian. I did go to a Christian High School. I just can't believe in a god where he doesnt accept everyone, even though he supposedly made them.
    I can tell you that my God would accept you no questions asked. You're gay. So what ? You have the same blood running through your veins as straight people. God loves you. That I can guarantee!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

CaptainJaneway  (27-05-2012),delirium  (27-05-2012),Deserama  (28-05-2012),Etienne  (28-05-2012),KnockKnockPenny  (27-05-2012),Purpz  (28-05-2012),rainbow road  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And that's what this is about.
    We all have different beliefs, different ways of interpreting the Word of God, different walks of life.

I am not saying I am right, I am not saying you are right. We wont know until we die.

This is why I posted this thread, so I can see what others believe in.

Im sorry if I have offended, this was not my intention, I am looking for other opinions which is exactly what I gave gotten thus far.

Im not trying to push my beliefs, im simply stating what I believe from the scriptures that I have posted.

I don't even know why talking about gays got brought up, perhaps because I picked it from a pp just because I was in that section.

But since we are already in discussion about what sends people to hell ie. The sins, can you tell me your views on worshipping the cross?

I know alot of religious people who kiss the cross, pray to it, or kiss a statues feet.

In my opinion on my belief, I believe this is idolatry.

Anyone care to share what they think on this topic?

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    I can tell you that my God would accept you no questions asked. You're gay. So what ? You have the same blood running through your veins as straight people. God loves you. That I can guarantee!
    This is exactly how I feel.

IMO, it's those that cast their judgmental views on others who are the true sinners.

Quoting verses from the bible and telling others they are wrong and sinful ISN'T the way of Christianity.

MY God is one of love. HE is accepting of everyone that is good to this earth and those that live on it.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

CaptainJaneway  (27-05-2012),delirium  (27-05-2012),Deserama  (28-05-2012),FirstTimeMummy2012  (28-05-2012),KnockKnockPenny  (27-05-2012),share a book  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    This is exactly how I feel.

IMO, it's those that cast their judgmental views on others who are the true sinners.

Quoting verses from the bible and telling others they are wrong and sinful ISN'T the way of Christianity.

MY God is one of love. HE is accepting of everyone that is good to this earth and those that live on it.
    Please see my reply above.
    Im not judging anyone - read the op

mummy to gods gift to us

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knomie View Post
    But since we are already in discussion about what sends people to hell ie. The sins, can you tell me your views on worshipping the cross?

I know alot of religious people who kiss the cross, pray to it, or kiss a statues feet.

In my opinion on my belief, I believe this is idolatry.

Anyone care to share what they think on this topic?

mummy to gods gift to us
    This is a good question, I'm orthodox and orthodox kiss icons and they are a big part of our churches and monasteries. It's one of the oldest traditions in Christianity, however, don't mistake this for worshiping. Kissing an icon is a sign of respect, it's like kissing a photo of your deceased loved ones, it's not worshipping, it's showing love and respect.
    Icons depict living imagery of the bible, it helps bring us closer to Jesus and it is like we are kissing him.
    Showing respect to imagery of Jesus isn't sinful, it's an aid, the bible shown in imagery. It's not worshipping, only God is worshipped.
    Have a read of this: http://www.greekorthodox.org.au/gene...stianity/icons

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

mrsd  (27-05-2012),share a book  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    This is a good question, I'm orthodox and orthodox kiss icons and they are a big part of our churches and monasteries. It's one of the oldest traditions in Christianity, however, don't mistake this for worshiping. Kissing an icon is a sign of respect, it's like kissing a photo of your deceased loved ones, it's not worshipping, it's showing love and respect.
    Icons depict living imagery of the bible, it helps bring us closer to Jesus and it is like we are kissing him.
    Showing respect to imagery of Jesus isn't sinful, it's an aid, the bible shown in imagery. It's not worshipping, only God is worshipped.
    Have a read of this: http://www.greekorthodox.org.au/gene...stianity/icons
    I've actually read this before (a good friend is orthdadox)

We often debate topics like these.

See I see these as idols. And while I have no problem with a cross, so long as it isn't kissed etc.

How do you interpret this commandment??

Exodus 20:4-5 NLT

“You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, my husband was baptised maronite so this often comes up as well... do you pray to Mary or other saints?

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also, my husband was baptised maronite so this often comes up as well... do you pray to Mary or other saints?

mummy to gods gift to us
    OT, but my family were Maronite Catholics, it's an unusual thing to spot others who have the same religious background as us.

Where is his family from?

Guest Guest
    I've actually read this before (a good friend is orthdadox)

We often debate topics like these.

See I see these as idols. And while I have no problem with a cross, so long as it isn't kissed etc.

How do you interpret this commandment??

Exodus 20:4-5 NLT

“You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other

mummy to gods gift to us
    Icons and crosses aren't made images of God that are worshipped. An icon and cross is a visual image to help us connect with the bible and Jesus. Keeping in mind not everyone can read or understand words written in the bible. An icon or cross is kissed not to worship, only God is worshipped. I think this passage talks about worshipping things that arent God, like ancient Greeks who worshipped multiple gods and made statues in their likeness and worshipped the statues.
    That's the big difference, the worshipping. Crosses and icons aren't worshipped. Does that make sense?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (28-05-2012),mrsd  (27-05-2012)