+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Spin off - Have you lied about your childs birthdate to get them into a school?

I doubt Im going to do this, but people keep saying to me to do it!

SA is changing to one intake a year in 2014. Cut off for reception enrollments is 1st May, and DDs birthday is a few days after this. She is quite advanced and I worry about having to wait till she is nearly 6 before she starts school. She will be nearly 5 when she starts Kindy, almost past needing Kindy, it really isnt fair.

If I lied about her birthday, pushed it forward a few days, would I go to hell? LOL!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blueberry Crumble For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol I think you will need to provide her birth certificate to enroll....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't because how do you get away with it?

If your Dd is smart I'm sure you can speak to the principle. Surely something can be sorted out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure in the hell part lol but wouldn't you need to provide your child's birth certificate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hmmm, I didnt with DS. Maybe they will change it now though because I think many other people will consider this!

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    can't help you with Hell, but I have always had to produce a birth certificate prior to enrolling. Always

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't but I would if I felt that it was in her best interests.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to show records like birth certificate and vaccination records and other hospital records that show her DOB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    See we are in SA and I have never been asked for a birth certificate enrolling my kids in school and kindy, how strange.

I have spoken to lots of people about this, there is NO way around it. If your child turns 5 after the 1st of May they haveto wait till the following year to start school. Which means that Kindy is backtracked too. So while her little friends who are born a few days before her get to start kindy at the beginning of next year, she hasto wait an entire year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel the same. Our school has an AMAZING pre-prep year that DS1 did. DS2 was born 10 days too late... I'm devastated! I know he will be so ready and get so much out of it.. But I just can't... I can't lie.
    I'm just thinking of all the wonderful things we can do while he is home for that year. I'm even thinking of deferring uni for the year so I can really have a great time with a 3.5 and 5 year old! (swimming, library, excursions, music, cooking, kinder etc etc etc). He's so awesome anyway I think it's a blessing in disguise.