+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    I think doing either or both those things would constitute breaking the law
    It is but OP asked if people lie and yep they do !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    You could always apply for out of area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can you actually move in with them at first for a short period of time? Maybe save that bit extra before buying in that town. I wouldn't lie.

DD2 & DD3's primary school requires 3x proof of address preferably a lease or utilities amongst them. They wont kick you out if you move though.

DD1's public high school is very strict with proof of address as well and will also match that up to whatever address the education department has for you at the time as well. They have been known to ask girls to leave if they find out they lied to get in. People have been known to try and get in by doing short term rentals then moving. They have also said no to an application for a girl to transfer when she was already attending a school a couple of suburbs away. But she did get in the following year.

eta: yes, as pp said you could always apply out of area. We got the girls into our primary school with out of area applications. We just explained the reasons why we felt their school would be the best choice for the girls. (without actually saying we want them to go to you because the zoned one is rubbish)
    Last edited by Dannielle; 25-05-2012 at 20:30.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    It is but OP asked if people lie and yep they do !
    Oh I know, but lying is one thing, changing your licence wrongfully and signing a stat dec takes it to a whole different level.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    Oh I know, but lying is one thing, changing your licence wrongfully and signing a stat dec takes it to a whole different level.
    That's what I was getting at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard of mothers being prosecuted for this. No joke! And their kids kicked out....

Just do some research before making the decision

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely will. Just not worth the risk.

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know anyone who has done this, and I personally don't plan on it. DS doesn't start school for a few years now so we have plenty of time to save up for his school fees for a private school...

who knows maybe in a few years you can afford to live in the suburb the school is in or a totally different suburb that has an acceptable school

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cousin is divorced fom her husband. Their child lives with her, just outside of the school catchment area, her ex lives within the catchment area and has their son one night per week and every second weekend. They enrolled their son using the Dad's address within the catchment area and after 6 months at the school my cousin was called into the school and advised that the child had been followed home by someone from the school on a number of occasions and they were aware he did not live in the catchment area. They were advised he could finish the year but wouldn't be enrolled for the following year. My cousin and her ex made the decision that their son would live with his Dad through the week and go to his Mum's place on the weekend. This was at a private secondary school in Melbourne. My cousin believes they were reported to the school by a parent whose child did not get in to the school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I applied to my daughters school as an 'out of area' enrolment. I had an interview and explained that my friend who lived 'in area' was my dd's carer after school and her children attended the school also. The Principal was great about it.
    I would have fibbed about moving if that didn't work though.
    I'd pick up the enrolment forms and see what proof is required first, and maybe have a chat to the principal?