+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If your DH parents live in the area that's fine, you just get your drivers license changed and a stat dec signed saying you are living with his parents, that's all they will want

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's not his parents, it's his aunt and uncle, but still being family, that could work right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ummm, you all realise signing a false stat dec is an offence right?

It's not just a little white lie anymore when you bring a stat dec into the mix.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySunrise View Post
    Oh I was hoping no one would say that! Damn.
    My DH's family has a different surname so can't just "borrow" their rates notice. And a school would prob think its odd that you brought in a stat dec rather than a lease or a rates notice....
    I think this is gonna take a lot more investigating!
    I have never been asked for more then my license as proof of address as well as passport and immunisation record. You can throw in a phone bill for good measure.
    You don't have to own a house there just live there.
    You have fallen on hard times and need to live with your mum for a while, seriously what are they going to do, this isnt the secret service.
    Just do it act confident and normal. You will be fine you have to do what you have to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    Ummm, you all realise signing a false stat dec is an offence right?

It's not just a little white lie anymore when you bring a stat dec into the mix.
    Avoid a stat dec.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know of a family that chose the high school they wanted their children to go to and took heed of its strict catchment rules. This is a public school and required people to prove they had lived in the area for twelve continuous months prior to allowing enrollment.

Therefore, in preparation for their children attending that school, they purchased a house in its catchment area eighteen months prior to their eldest being ready to start high school.

I am not certain, but suspect they kept their children at the primary school near their old house and thus would've needed to commute for 3½ years until they had all moved up to high school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Avoid a stat dec.
    Sorry to crash the thread, I was just a bit surprised about how dismissive some PPs were about signing one.

ETA - I would lie if I thought it was in my children's best interests to do so.
    Last edited by 2Bboys; 25-05-2012 at 20:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    Sorry to crash the thread, I was just a bit surprised about how dismissive some PPs were about signing one.
    I suppose when you do stuff like this you have to be aware that you will have to take any consequences that "may" follow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do organizations really go to the trouble of investigating stat decs? I have never heard of anyone getting in trouble for it. Not saying it doesn't happen, genuinely interested!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    I know of a family that chose the high school they wanted their children to go to and took heed of its strict catchment rules. This is a public school and required people to prove they had lived in the area for twelve continuous months prior to allowing enrollment.

Therefore, in preparation for their children attending that school, they purchased a house in its catchment area eighteen months prior to their eldest being ready to start high school.

I am not certain, but suspect they kept their children at the primary school near their old house and thus would've needed to commute for 3½ years until they had all moved up to high school.
    Lol omg! What school is this, do royals go to it?
    How odd. Don't think I would even send my kids to a school that was that a.nal (pardon my French)