+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HCG - high?

I am new to this, I am not sure if I have even come to the right place :/ I was just wondering if anyone out there may be able to help me answer.

We went for our first ultrasound two days ago, our gyno calculated we are 6-7 weeks pregnant but we should do the ultrasound just to confirm dates

Once we arrived we were told they really cannot see much at all, there is a teency weency heart beat they could see at times but it was not consistent as it was so small.. but we must return in three weeks as they indicate I am just roughly four weeks pregnant at the moment and a future scan will confirm.

My HCG done on the same day indicated a level of 150,000 is my baby OK?
    Is this high for 4 weeks? Am I being a stress head thinking it may be something wrong? I am concerned and am scared there is something wrong...
    like thought we would see more on the scan...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a scan at 5 weeks 0 days and I had a sac, but not fetal pole or heart beat and my hcg was 8600... the hcg range is so large its hard to figure out, and if you have a multiple pregnancy it gets even higher.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Peacock Pixie For This Useful Post:

Gigii  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your response it turns out everything is fine, it is twins!! That explains the huge hcg levels lol

Thats why they thought we were further along (7 weeks) when we infact were not very far at all (4 weeks) the soaring hcg was because it tripled every two days.
    Am now 5 weeks and it is over 300000 now, interesting.
    Last edited by Gigii; 28-05-2012 at 07:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigii View Post
    Thanks for your response it turns out everything is fine, it is twins!! That explains the huge hcg levels lol

Thats why they thought we were further along (7 weeks) when we infact were not very far at all (4 weeks) the soaring hcg was because it tripled every two days.
    Am now 5 weeks and it is over 300000 now, interesting.
    haha, thats what I was about to say. Mine levels were through the roof too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    haha, thats what I was about to say. Mine levels were through the roof too!
    How exciting congratulations, yes I knew something was up hcg can be rather general but I think when it is that high something is definitely happening.
    Are you able to deliver naturally? Can you still keep the gender a surprise?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats. how did they confirm twins, another ultrasound? So exciting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigii View Post
    How exciting congratulations, yes I knew something was up hcg can be rather general but I think when it is that high something is definitely happening.
    Are you able to deliver naturally? Can you still keep the gender a surprise?
    Oh - mine are already here - about to turn 3! congratulations to you though!
    I wasn't able to deliver naturally myself. But as long as they are in good positions and you are ok then there is no reason why you can't!
    Yes - you can keep the genders a surprise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bokkie_wotwot View Post
    Congrats. how did they confirm twins, another ultrasound? So exciting
    Thankyou No actually the report from the first one went missing I was only going by what the sonographer told me about coming back in a few weeks due to it being so small.
    but when my Dr located the report we found one sac, two yolks the heartbeat was there but we must go back again to see clearer. I just assumed the levels keep rising all must be nice and healthy
    dr sending me again on Wednesday kind of thinking I might wait another week just to get a clearer view.