+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Had my AF 10 days ago - now have 3 x + HPT

Hi all

Just wanted to ask for some advice. My hubby and I have been trying for around 1 year for our first. I had what I thought was my AF 10 days ago. Started testing using OPK this morning and got a +. I thought this was very strange as normally I ovulate around CD 20-22. It has been bugging me all day so I thought I would do a HPT for fun. it was a very strong positive. Followed by another very BFP! I then got a digital and it says Pregnant 2-3weeks.
    i am just concerned as I had bleeding 10 days ago -my periods are usually pretty light. I have a drs appointment tomorrow morning to get some bloodworm done. I am trying not to get my hopes up but is really hope and pray that this is the real deal. Any thoughts?
    Havnvt had many other symptoms - just a sore lower back at times and mild cramping.
    Thanks everyone xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agreed def could have been an implant bleed Congrats

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRose1 For This Useful Post:

mrskatiex  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If tests are telling you positive, you probably are. Was your "AF" lighter than usual? Implantation bleeding is common. Some women get just spotting (I have all 3 pregs, no health issues for bubs) and some women even get AF as usual all the way through - my grandmother and aunt both did. Your tests are correct. Dr should get you sent for a blood test to be sure, and will probably get you to pee in a cup when there, so try to drink something and hold it a bit before going to your appointment.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Psylent For This Useful Post:

mrskatiex  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree it could have been implantation bleeding, I had bleeding during my pregnancy.
    If I wasn't trying I wouldn't have even known I was UTD!

They don't know what caused it but they suspect it was a Polyp they found on my cervix (nothing to worry about) and during pregnancy the surge of hormones can make it bigger and bleed ect.
    Apparently it's pretty common.

It wasn't what I would call "light" bleeding either, I had it on and off until dd was born.

All was fine

If your getting very strong positives then that's a really good sign!
    CONGRATULATION'S!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

mrskatiex  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a faint +hpt at 11DPO then I had my full blown period, cramping clots etc. Figured it must have been a chemical pregnancy. But then a couple of days later I did another test and the line was darker and got darker everyday until my blood test. And I was up the duff, yay! Sounds like you are too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

mrskatiex  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    thanks so much for all the positive replies! I got some blood tests done today and hopefully when I get the results on Tuesday, they will confirm my greatest wish.....of being pregnant! My GP also sent me for a pelvic ultrasound as he wasn't sure if I was further along than I thought - the sonographer couldnt see anything. She said that it was probably too early. I guess I am a little anxious about that but figure there is nothing I can do but try not to stress. Thanks again for all your support -will keep you posted. xxxx