+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default all the symptoms one day, none the next?

i am close to 10 weeks pregnant. Had a dating scan a couple weeks back and all is fine so far.
    Im just wondering does anyone else feel as if they are 36 weeks pregnant (when they are actually only early days) one day and then dont even feel pregnant the next?

Over the weekend i was crampy, nausiated and exhausted. If i over did it, i'd feel worse and have to lay down.
    Yesterday and today - dont even feel pregnant! TMI - even the white discharge stuff has slowed down. Im not even bloated anymore.

Should i be worried?

Oh and this might be a stupid question but im having the blood test for the downs screening next week and wondering if that test can also tell if the baby is still alive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there! Ha ha, trust me - you don't feel like you are 36 weeks till you are actually carrying a 36 weeker!! It is really normal for symptoms to come & go, and for things to change throughout the course of your first trimester. The NT scan is a scan & a blood test so yes, they will check for a heartbeat at the scan. The blood test looks for markers though, so won't tell you if you have miscarried just from that. If you had a dating scan though and saw a heartbeat then, your chance of miscarriage plummeted to about 10% at that point. I wouldn't worry if I were you. Things changed for me regularly throughout my 1st trimester & I worried myself silly but will have my baby any day now & have had a really easy pregnancy overall!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're getting just the blood test, pretty sure that can't tell you. If you get the ultrasound then it will. Try not to panic though. I think everyone does it - the awful time between when your symptoms start to fade, but bub hasn't started kicking yet. Are there any other symptoms you still have? Peeing like a mad-peeing-person? Certain smells making you sick? Mood swings?

If you get really worried, maybe ask your doctor if they have either a doppler or US machine in the office to do a quick check for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My symptoms with dd were always off and on. One day I'd be so sick I didn't want to move then the next I'd forget I was even pregnant! Try not to stress too much were all so different. If you're really worried maybe just call your gp or something?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 8w and my symptoms come ad go like a yo yo (though I have more sick days than non sick days lol). I think it is very common - try not to worry, just appreciate those days when u are not bloated, nauseas or knackered!