+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I've heard great things about the nuva ring If I was to use a synthetic hormone it would be this one

2. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

MinkyJ  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wasn't a fan of the Nuva ring. I had break through bleeding, it made my vagina really dry and it usually came out during sex and was left around DF's penis haha! You can wash it off and put it back in if that happens though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Zipper View Post
    I wasn't a fan of the Nuva ring. I had break through bleeding, it made my vagina really dry and it usually came out during sex and was left around DF's penis haha! You can wash it off and put it back in if that happens though.
    Lmao!

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Zipper View Post
    I loved the Nuva ring, as i can't handle the pill either, so the low dose at the site of the action worked perfectly - no hormonal issues. I had none of the issues VonZipper had, appart from DH ended up wearing it occasionally lol. Even so, that doesn't interfere with its effectiveness, as it is still a hormone method, not physical barrier. My Gyno said it could even be removed immediately prior to sex & put back in again straight after, if i was at all embarrassed about it accidently appearing during sex. I'd highly recommend you give it a try! Really easy to put in too.

BUT...so embarrassing, it kept falling out!! I mean like a dozen times a day!! I had my Gyno check that i was putting it in properly, but yeah, apparently my vag is an odd shape lol. So for the past 4+ years we've used cycle+withdrawal method very successfully.

TMI: Since having DS, i feel like its a different shape up in there, so i might give the Nuva ring another try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm another one who loved the Nuvaring. Didn't have to worry about missed pills and absorption problems, and found it had fewer side effects than pills. I'm going to go back on once I stop breastfeeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm actually liking condoms. (Or maybe I've just convinced myself that so I don't get annoyed by them!)
    I can't/won't tolerate the side effects of hormonals, and I really like that DP is actively involved in the whole contraception thing with condoms, as opposed to it being all on me.

I didn't know that much about the nuva ring though, so thanks for the info everyone, I'll keep it in mind if I want to switch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Natural family planning has worked for 15 months so far