+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Implanon? I had no negative side effects, periods were shorter and lighter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    We use natural family planning, have for years and years. Never had one unplanned pg and while you can't have sex a few days a month it's liberating not having synthetic hormones in my body. I also react badly to the pill, thus what caused us to use this method.

You do however, have to be very in tune with your body and really understand your cycle for it to be effective.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    We use natural family planning, have for years and years. Never had one unplanned pg and while you can't have sex a few days a month it's liberating not having synthetic hormones in my body. I also react badly to the pill, thus what caused us to use this method.

You do however, have to be very in tune with your body and really understand your cycle for it to be effective.
    And you need some sort of predicatable cycles ... so that rules me out! I spent so much time & effort trying to work out when I ovulated when we were TTCing as it changed (by up to 10 or 12 days) that the thought of doing this type of thing forever is extremely off putting.

Choosing a contraceptive choice is hard. I don't mind The Pill, but as I'm BFing even that isn't an option right now .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If you and your DH are sure you're done, why don't you look into vasectomy/tube tying?

I want to finalize my family so I can have my tubes tied and be done with hormones/condoms/worrying about fertile/infertile days!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    None! We used withdrawal method until we were TTC.
    I have severe PCOS and endo. Tried microgynan, levlen, yasmin, implanon and mirena and all have had bad side effects.

Looking at hysterectomy after bubby is born, supposed to be having an endo excision anyway but this is definitely last bub.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I swear by the mirena iud.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Natural family planing here too,

I haven't used a 'contraceptive' for 12 months,

I couple this with the withdrawal method and so far no babies.

I used a period tracker at first which helped me notice things like cervical mucous and ovulation cramps

I ovulate around day 12 not 14 though so their fertile window is wrong for me
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadlockfairy View Post
    I'm at my wits end tbh! I need a contraception but am finding it pretty damn hard.The pill makes me feel sick. Really sick. And I've tried most on the market. So it's not an option.Copper coil scares the bejesus outta me bc there are a lot of people who have said they have had complications. That injection contraception scares me bc I don't want to put on weight.My partner doesn't want a vasectomy. That's cool. Am I doomed to condoms foreva!!???So what works for you? Any suggestions? Thx!
    I got the copper IUD.
    Why does it scare you?
    I've had mine in for nearly a year and can say I love it.
    Prior to having our baby we used condoms. After having unprotected sex during pregnancy, when we went back to condoms, it just was crap!! LOL
    the doctor told me my period pain will be bad .... I have PCOS so that scared me as my pain was already unbearable - I use to faint....
    But the twp cycles I had after DD was born were quite good and was willing to give it a go as the pill has never worked right with my body therefore mirena was out for me.

Pain - I have probably had to have panadol for maybe two cycles... very mild pain in comparison to what I had before DD.

Blood- alot of it!

It is definitely heavy and Its annoying however small price to pay (picture first day period for 7 days)

Lastly TMI but.... I get a strong odour, just hours after a shower I am cleaning myself with baby wipes!

But overall, I love my IUD and plan to get it redone after the next one until me and dh decide whether our family is complete, then its the snip for DH!

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    The "pull-out-when-I-think-I'm-fertile method".

Wouldn't call it fail proof.
    Be careful!! My DD was conceived using the pull out method. The ONE weekend I slept with FOB, it turns out I was ovulating and somehow one of the little swimmers made it to the egg!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use withdrawal but we do that the entire month and my cycles are regular and I know when I ovulate. I don't know what I'll do when we are done having babies. I will be in the same boat I guess because hormonal methods don't agree with me at all.