+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    dreadlockfairy is offline The best things in life.....aren't things!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What contraception do you love?

I'm at my wits end tbh! I need a contraception but am finding it pretty damn hard.The pill makes me feel sick. Really sick. And I've tried most on the market. So it's not an option.Copper coil scares the bejesus outta me bc there are a lot of people who have said they have had complications. That injection contraception scares me bc I don't want to put on weight.My partner doesn't want a vasectomy. That's cool. Am I doomed to condoms foreva!!???So what works for you? Any suggestions? Thx!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i was super duper nervous about Mirena (an IUD) and i said i would never have one but then in february i found out i was pregnant and then found out it was ectopic all because we relied on condoms and one day we got a bit carried away didn't use a condom (was the day my period was finishing so really not an overly fertile time) took the morning after pill 8 hours later and ended up with the very rare complication of ectopic pregnancy was rushed for emergency surgery had my tube and the baby removed and a mirena fitted 4 weeks later it really wasn't as bad as i thought it would be mine did slip and i had to have it removed and another put in but now its great and i don't have to worry about it at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nuva ring Works for me

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jorja For This Useful Post:

MinkyJ  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am a fan of the Diaphram, but GPs dont generally have the fitting equipment any more. In Brisbane, for example, you would need to go to the Family Planning Clinic in Fortitude Valley.

Without a regular partner, I haven't had one for quite some time, so am a little hazy on the details. I think it is that you can keep it in for up to twelve hours, and if you have intercourse you must leave it in for at least four hours afterwards. This means that you have nearly eight hours to allow for spontaneity.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 25-05-2012 at 16:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The "pull-out-when-I-think-I'm-fertile method".

Wouldn't call it fail proof.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post

We use exactly this method.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have the copper iud. So far no issues at all, I love it no nasty hormonal side effects. My first af just after insertion was very painful but 2nd one just gone was not painful at all, it was a very heavy flow though. I forget it's there at times, don't notice anything different at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Lol I'm too embarrassed to admit this in real life. I will have to sort out some "proper" contraception once we're done having babies.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

ours too until we are completely done with babies.

dreadlockfairy is offline The best things in life.....aren't things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol that was what we were doing before we had kids & inbetween having them. But I don't want any more kids!!!!! So I need something with better odds lol iykwim?