+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Help me pick my new smartphone! I have no idea what's good!

DH can get me a new phone for free or next to nothing thru work, and he's sent me a list to pick from. What's worth getting? I totally missed the smartphone revolution as my nose was buried in nappies My choices are:

HTC desire/ EVO 3D / HD7 / Sensation
    LG Optimus Black
    Samsung Omnia
    Nokia N9

Or i can pay $10 or so a month for
    Samsung Galaxy nexus/note/SII
    Nokiaa Lumia
    Last edited by Gothel; 25-05-2012 at 14:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd go the Samsung Galaxy out of all those options.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've only ever heard good things about HTC desire

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've got a samsung galaxy through work. Battery lasts a day if I'm lucky and it's the size of a brick. I'm waiting for DP to upgrade his iphone so I can have his old one and get rid of this piece of poo.... actually it's not *that* bad I'm just freaking annoyed at it going flat on me all. the. damn. time - especially while I'm driving and need the navigation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm looking at reviews now and i like the sound of the desire or the sensation, the sensation sounds like a newer version?

But samsung I have never had anything to do with, what's so good about them B&B?

I'm using a crappy old nokia atm so I'm all excited about this Dh says if I choose this afternoon he can pick it up for me on the way home from work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I've got a samsung galaxy through work. Battery lasts a day if I'm lucky and it's the size of a brick. I'm waiting for DP to upgrade his iphone so I can have his old one and get rid of this piece of poo.... actually it's not *that* bad I'm just freaking annoyed at it going flat on me all. the. damn. time - especially while I'm driving and need the navigation
    HTC Desire battery is about the same.

Honestly I personally wouldn't go with any of those phones, I'd go an iPhone, but coz that's not an option for you (?) I say go Galaxy, I've heard good stuff about them. I've never played with one though so I'm just going by what I've heard of all the phones you listed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My partner has a nokia n9 it's a good phone but doesnt run on the android system so he can't down load lots of free apps like I can. I have a samsung gio, the battery life is crap and the internal storage space is waaaayyy too small

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    HTC Desire battery is about the same.
    Oh really? I wouldn't recommend that one either then lol. Depends on how much you cherish battery life. Miss my old crappy nokia TBH, I could leave it almost a week before charging. This one I am lucky if it will last a day. Runs out of battery when I'm out and about a lot - DP ended up in hospital a couple of months back and, yep, the battery DIED right when I desperately needed it

DP doesn't seem to have this issue with his iphone, it goes and goes and goes. I don't understand the difference? The samsung seems like a complete knockoff of the iphone, I don't see why the battery is so awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get double the battery time from my iPhone that I did with HTC desire. iPhone battery life is waaaaay better than any other smartphone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah i'd love an iphone but i just can't afford it, oh well! I like the sound of the galaxy but the sensation wins cos its free hee hee. thanks everyone!