+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know someone that bought one off eBay (one of those cheap Chinese ones) all she had to do was take it to a dressmaker for altering, and altogether cost her about $300, and was stunning!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Buy it online 1 size bigger than you are, take it to a dress maker and have them fit it for you
    Be aware that not all styles lend themselves to being taken in easily and for some styles the dress maker may have to take it completely apart to resize it. When you go to have a dress maker measure you , be sure to check if that style looks like it will be easily adjusted.

Also, ask the online store what the seam allowances on the dress are.

Talk to the dress maker about how much it would cost you to have that dress made by them, as opposed to the cost of buying the dress and paying for alterations.

ETA - I am unabashedly a fabric snob (My sister and I are of the opinion that all brides deserve to wear silk on their wedding day, but that is easy for me to say, my sister is a dress maker), so please forgive me, but what time of year are you getting married? If it is going to be hot a synthetic dress is going to be uncomfortably hot because the fabric doesn't breathe. Having sweaty legs feels horrible.
    Sorry to be negative, but just want to offer a different view.
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 25-05-2012 at 14:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    August 31st 2013
    End of winter so it's cheaper
    And hopefully half decent weather

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought mine on eBay for $170 and it was made to measure. I made sure it was arriving 3 months prior to needing it just in case. Every measurement I gave I added and inch or two cause we were TTC at the time. It arrived and fit everywhere except my boobs I was gutted. However I took it to my local dressmaker/alteration place and she put a lace up back in it just like some wedding dresses have. It was perfect!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing for ideas/websites to look at etc