+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I totally understand what you mean, when I feel connected to HIM, when I've prayed and read my bible I feel so much better... I notice the little things like the clouds or the blue sky, sounds strange but sometimes I can feel a bad mood lift just like that. Sometimes I feel like no one around me understands what I mean it's nice to see others think alike

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default YOUR personal experience with GOD!

Sometimes when angry or upset I pray to God to bless me with his peace and its so funny because within minutes I just feel calm and collected again and peaceful and relaxed. That never used to happen before when I didn't ask for his blessing

Thanks
    Reviews
    We live in a broken world.

Jesus is the only answer. Of that I am sure..

Lately, I keep thinking- either Jesus is everything to me, or He is nothing. There is no in between. That doesn't make sense to me. So I am choosing him to be everything.

Loving Him in the hard times is really tough. But even though we are struggling through infertility and all the heartache that comes along with that. He is still God. And He is still good. He is worth living for all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default YOUR personal experience with GOD!

Love this xxxxx God is Good.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: YOUR personal experience with GOD!

I was with another man and unhappy. So, so unhappy. The ex was emotionally unavailable- he didn't see why he had to say hello when he walked into the door. He spent all his time playing Xbox. Rarely spoke to me or paid attention to our daughter.

After a bad day I was crying on our balcony when I heard neighbors talking and laughing while watching tv. I cried so hard then, I didn't realise how starved I was for human affection. Ex never touched me. Never snuggled on the couch. Never held me. He would listen to the tv over me.

He got home and was furious at me for leaving our daughter to cry in her cot. He never asked why, or why I sitting on the dark balcony crying.

I confessed how unhappy I was. How much I needed smiles and hugs and for him to come home and talk to us, not turn on the tv and watch until bedtime. I told him I was so unhappy, I wanted to drown our daughter in the bath some days. Or maybe I should smother her with a pillow, I could get away with it. Everyone would say it was sids.

I cried and poured out my soul. I begged for help. He said nothing, did nothing. Later he said "my mother cries all the time, it doesnt mean anything."

He was away with the army when there was a knock on my door. It was our neighbor. His keys had fallen down the elevator shaft, could he use my phone for a lock smith? While waiting, we spoke.

The next day, I dropped in to say hello. My neighbor smiled and said hello. Oh, can you imagine how sweet that was? Someone smiled at me! And looked happy to see me! We chatted. And talked. All afternoon, all night.

We fell into a pattern of talking everyday. He always smiled and said hello when he saw me. I was so happy- this is what I wished the ex would do! Just sit on the couch, talk to me, while watching our daughter crawl around!

Dd was about eight months old when she called our neighbor dad. She adored him. I thought he was a wonderful friend. It was so good to have someone to talk to! Someone who really saw me.

Our neighbor discharged from the army and moved away. Dd would crawl to his front door and cry. I missed him. The loneliness returned.

The ex and I broke up. Around this time the neighbor got a job in nsw. He couldn't find any work in qld. I had always wanted to live in sydney, and applied for uni there. The neighbor confessed his.attraction to me. I already knew. I decided to take a big chance and move to the country to be with him. Hey, it was still close to Sydney... So three months after the ex and I ended I was in nsw, starting a relationship with our old neighbor.

We are still going strong. And we are both so happy. Neither of us knew it could be this good. All the little chances that brought us together... Him and the ex getting posted to the same town, him living next door... Him dropping his keys... Him having to move from qld to nsw, close to where I always dreamed of living... Getting into uni near him...

The lessons I learnt from the ex also make me a better person, one who can really appreciate dp. Without them, I don't think we could have worked. So, everything happens for a reason... And even when its sh1t and dark, god is still guiding us to a happy ending.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: YOUR personal experience with GOD!

To me god isn't a church or a set religion. He is the awe of a newborn baby, the way a sun shines through a leaf. Food on the table. A hug from my friend, a baby bird in its nest. Even a beautiful pebble. He's love.and beauty and creation, and he's not pretentious. He's the magic of this world, the glue that binds us

Or she. Personally, I think its a she. Women are the creators after all...

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Missbean For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (18-12-2012)