+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default YOUR personal experience with GOD!

Hi ladies,

Sooo I've been reading along in this part of the forum and sometimes posting and I felt the need to come up with a completely warm and fuzzy thread.

So tell me about your experience where you experienced God and you felt his awesome power of love or healing or whatever it is that you felt.

I'll start it off ...

This morning I was driving in the car and I was singing along to the radio and then it hit me like a tonne of bricks! I am so happy right now! I "reconnected" with my God again just 3 months ago in a big way and I feel like everything has fallen into place. I have absolutely nothing that I can complain about. I have an awesome DH, amazing support network, a great job that brings me great money, DH has a wonderful secure job as well, I get to do my passion on the side of my full time job and I have everything I could possibly need. I was thinking all of this while I was driving and I knew in my heart of hearts that I have God to thank for this. Before I reconnected with him, yeah life was ok but there was something missing. As I write this I am in tears because it's so true! I was truly missing something in my life and I couldn't work out what it was. Actually I put it down to the fact that I needed a baby to fill that emptiness that was missing from inside me. Even without a baby, I now feel complete and it is because of God's awesome power! He has filled me in a way I can not even begin to explain. Of course I WANT a baby, more than anything else in the world but I don't feel that I need one now to fill that hole.

I was thinking all this and I felt this most awesome overpowering love that rocked me to my core. I was openly crying happy tears in the car while laughing and it was the most amazing release ever! His love completely washed over me and it was beyond words. I felt Him like I don't think I have ever felt him before!

So now, tell me your light bulb moment with God.

P.S: I would like to ask that we all respect one another's experience and I hope we can keep this thread to positive comments only

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

knomie  (25-05-2012),SugarSkull  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow no one? How about your experience with Jesus perhaps?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always been a firm believer in God. I pray every night and read the bible before going to bed. He has been my strength.
    Years ago I had a cancer scare. I was in the shower crying so hard, thinking about the possibility of my tests coming back positive and all the things I wouldn't live to see. I'll never forget the way I felt. I felt so sad, so alone and so angry. Suddenly I felt.. Okay. I stopped crying and felt this warmth inside and around me. I knew then that everything would be okay. I felt at peace. I think that was God or my guardian angel telling me I'd be okay.
    He has blessed me in so many way and has answered so many of my prayers.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (28-05-2012)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have recently reconnected with my god. I find that life filled with faith gives me so much joy and happiness. I have come from a really horrible time in my life to finally be content with my life. I have god and my angels to thank for that and I make sure I do so on a daily basis... I have found the most wonderful religion that does not scare me like the one I was raised in. Finally I have found a loving caring god, not one that will strike me down if I do something wrong, and that gives me hope and peace. I used to be embarrassed about believing in a god but these days I am quite confident and happy with my beliefs.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (28-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My faith was tested in a huge way today and I almost caved, but I am back and I still believe. With all my heart I believe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP! Well today God really showed where he has placed us is the right timing, place etc. we've moved 1200km away from family just over a year ago and some days its hard, we're about to start our own business, we are really relying on God at this time. My DH was at a random petrol station today and there was a mum from the school and goes to our church there, apparently $ hadn't gone through and she was frantic as she'd filled her car up and couldn't pay. Dh said hi, she told him what happened and he payed for her. He said it CLEARLY wasn't 'coincidence' they had pulled up at the same petrol station so obviously she was in need of a blessing! When dh told me I nearly cried, I'm so blessed for God to have me in THIS position to be able to bless IYKWIM?! We moved here with a lot of debt, God has truly changed our circumstances!!!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi all, I used to attend church growing up and catholic schools, but like most young adults, I have lost a lot of faith since leaving catholic school and becoming independent.
    I need some guidance to bring back that faith, I don't just want to attend church, maybe some personal similar stories or links to something I can read.
    Thanks

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I am a Christian and so is DP but we don't go to church or anything like that. A few years ago (long before DD) we were having a real rough patch finally which was straining our relationship etc etc.

We'd been up all night and the next morning, half asleep, I walked out to the lounge room with DP and he sat on the table and I sat on the lounge.

I noticed something on the floor and told him not to move. He moved his legs to the side to see what was on the floor and there was a cross on the floor perfectly proportioned and it was in straw.

Neither of us had any idea where it came from, or the straw for that matter and it kind of creeped us out.

But DP picked it up and placed it in the cabinet.

Shortly after we both landed full time jobs, bills got under control, things started working out better and it's just bizarre how quick it all turned around.

Nan thinks it was a sign to let us know that he is looking out for us.

Years on and the straw cross is still in the cabinet.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    I am a Christian and so is DP but we don't go to church or anything like that. A few years ago (long before DD) we were having a real rough patch finally which was straining our relationship etc etc.

We'd been up all night and the next morning, half asleep, I walked out to the lounge room with DP and he sat on the table and I sat on the lounge.

I noticed something on the floor and told him not to move. He moved his legs to the side to see what was on the floor and there was a cross on the floor perfectly proportioned and it was in straw.

Neither of us had any idea where it came from, or the straw for that matter and it kind of creeped us out.

But DP picked it up and placed it in the cabinet.

Shortly after we both landed full time jobs, bills got under control, things started working out better and it's just bizarre how quick it all turned around.

Nan thinks it was a sign to let us know that he is looking out for us.

Years on and the straw cross is still in the cabinet.
    That is truly beautiful.

I'm a Christian DP isn't on Saturday night I prayed to God and asked him to help my DH to grow up and take more responsibility as we are expecting our first child. On Sunday night at dinner DH out of the blue said to me, I need to change for this baby I said what do you mean, he said not drinking as much and doing more things around the house... I had big smile and thought what a beautiful man and better yet what a beautiful God! I know he doesn't say yes to everything we ask for but when he does its the best feeling in the world

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NellyS For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (12-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovely stories, thank you