+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've budgeted for $17k (20 max) for 60-70 guests, three course meal, 5 hour bevvy package, canapés and all the linen etc.

Also includes accommodation for the night for us, $1000 photography (mates rates) $250 each towards bridesmaids outfits of their choice, same for groomsmen (two of each), $400 for flowers (three bouquets, three buttonholes), $1500 towards dress etc, $1200 towards both wedding rings.

Also includes local or Fijian honeymoon and spending money, but that will depend on how bubs is going!

Only just getting going with the plans, but we're pretty strict with what we will and won't be spending money on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have NO idea!
    Because of DHs job he knows everyone!! he called in a few favors. Got our photographer for free (he has won SO many awards and our photos were stunning)
    One of DHs friends owns some vintage cars so we used them.
    DHs best mate is a audio guy, so set up our lights and sound system ect for the reception.
    MILs BFF is a dress make for a high class bridal boutique, so got my fittings free.
    Nan-IL has a florist friend who got my flowers at cost price.

I think our wedding would have cost around 7k but we saved $1000s!! Like I said Because of DHs industry we got pretty much everything discounted and a lot free YAY. Lol

Oh we had 80 guests.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Alphabetsoup  (26-05-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    about $30k (no honeymoon) but my dad paid.

oh not including rings we we paid for - around $12k
    Last edited by Buttoneska; 25-05-2012 at 20:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    spent about $2000.

was perfect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    about $30k (no honeymoon) but my dad paid.

oh not including rings we we paid for - around $12k
    Wow ur rings cost $12k? That's loads!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Wow ur rings cost $12k? That's loads!
    that was including engagement. I inherited my mums engagement ring and was really concerned about giving it to someone dodgy - so I ended up getting all my rings done at hardy bros.

I think engagement was around $7kish to reset, and then $4k for wedding band and DH was about $1k. So yeh most of it was on engagement but I wanted to make sure it was done properlygiven its sentimental and actual value.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $5K in 1994. Country church wedding at the local village. Reception of about 60 (mostly rellies) at the Bowling Club was catered for by local church ladies (food was great). Olds paid for most.

Honeymoon to Gold Coast incl flights was $1K for the week.

Dress was made for $500. Attendants paid for their own dresses/suit hire. I made flower girls' dresses. Rings $350. Cars borrowed, flowers fake, photos by friends.

What I would have done differently would have been to have had a BBQ in the back yard of mum and dad's farm for my reception, with anyone who wanted to come. It was drought year and the olds limited the invites pretty strictly but still insisted on a formal sit-down reception - Mum's changed her mind and gone all laid back now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think mine was almost $30,000... Or less.. That was a few years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours was around $55k.... went all out, everything I ever dreamt of, 240 guests, buffet meal, bar tab, 6 per side on bridal party, 1 flower girl, 1 page boy, had the ceremony by the sea, honeymooned in Las Vegas, New York, L.A & did the rocky mountaineer tour in Canada...

Only thing i'd change :: get rid of the bridesmaides, they were no help and decided it was all about themselves.. and get rid of about 100 people - mainly my dad's side of the family . lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We spent about $20000 and yep, totally regret it. Had we our time over we would elope to bora bora.

The family politics we had with il's was the main issue, but also I just felt totally uncomfortable with all the attention. I made a terrible bride lol
    Last edited by Bambibambino; 26-05-2012 at 07:28.