+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I meant to add, no regrets here
    We spent more on the bar tab (4hours) than we did on the finger food but I know my family and friends
    The venue we were married in was beautiful and normally, to hire the room we did, you need to spend at least 10k just on catering but thanks to booking with the new girl we spent nowhere near that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meegzz View Post
    We get married in 1 week we have spent a bit over $30000. The reception is $15000 for 110 guests, 3 course meal and drinks, dress was $2200, we paid for bridal party suits and dresses and everything that goes with them. It all added up really quickly but I can't wait for the day to come
    Sounds wonderful... Hope ur day is as amazing as u dream

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can't remember but somewhere around $35000-40000.
    There were 320 guests at a 5 course dinner. Honeymoon in Mexico.

In our culture we mostly give money as gifts and we got $62000 iirc in cash gifts.

I don't regret it at all. But I wish my MIL had been nicer. She wrecked part of the day for DH and he still dislikes watching the DVD coz of the memories that she gave him.

But no chance I regret it.. Loved every minute of it and I think our guests had a pretty good time too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Around $4500 for 70 guests including rings, honeymoon, everything no regrets at all. My parents paid $2k so it was a really cheap wedding for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours was very cheap, don't remember exactly but pretty sure it was between $1500 - $2000. We didn't see the point in spending thousands of dollars on one day. I made my dress, my flowers, my cake, invites, decorations etc. Bridesmaids dresses I got at a closing down sale for an absolute steal. We used some family members cars instead of hiring them, had some talented family do the photography and video (and they turned out wonderful). Everyone thought it was lovely, but of course the most important thing is that we got married, in front of the people we love and care about. We have absolutely no regrets, and no debts. If I had to do it again though... I'd do it even cheaper! Have had many cost-cutting ideas since then.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Psylent For This Useful Post:

betherina  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours was between $35 000-$40 000. Expensive, but well worth it. I was dreaming of a grand wedding and had we reduced, I probably would have been disappointed. That's just me though...and I realise I probably sound like a materialistic Biatch right about now haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was around $4000 for 50 guests. Most of that was the reception, we hired the starlight room at the local rsl club and had a buffet meal.
    I made our bouquets (I used native flowers from Woolies), we didn't have a photographer (just got a copy of everyone pictures that they took on the day, there were lots of great pictures in the mix ), our cake was simple, and we decorated it ourselves.

My brother was supposed to be our dj but got another job so he didn't make it, thankfully someone at the club took pity on us and lent us a jukebox for the night

We borrowed my uncles gorgeous Holden for our wedding car (he it drove us to our reception). My dress was the next biggest purchase, plus it needed to be altered but it was still under $500

My mum paid for most of it (Hubbies dad chipped in and put money on the bar), so I was very keen to find ways to make it as cheap as possible We were pretty broke back then, so it was the only way we could get married and still have any kind of reception. I will always be so grateful to Mum for giving us an absolutely beautiful day. Everyone had a wonderful time, I have absolutely no regrets

Thanks
    Reviews
    We paid $7k for everything.
    Rings were $1000, custom made by Dh's uncle
    My dress was $100
    Our reception was a buffet breakfast and cost $3500 for 110 people.
    Honeymoon in Montville was $500.
    we don't regret it, but we have lots of good ideas if we needed to do it again, and would only have half the guests.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $1500 :d

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    $9K. 90 guests, ceremony and reception in a hotel
    Sit down 2 course meal with cake then served as dessert, top beer and wine package- it was gorgeous
    Last edited by Atropos; 25-05-2012 at 19:41.