+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I got to the stage where Maxalon wasn't working well enough for me to get to work anymore, so I started taking zofran on my work days. I found one 8mg wafer taken before I got up in the morning was enough to get me through the day.

If you go to the discount chemist, they are about $8 per 8mg dose, as they are not covered by PBS. I made a claim through my extras cover, but the amount I got back was so small it wasn't worth claiming, but it's worthwhile phoning your fund to ask if you have PHI extras.

the other drug I took was doxylamine (which is sold over the counter as dozile, sleep well, restavit). It is marketed as a sedative in Australia, but works as an anti nausea. You take a tablet 30 minutes before bed, and it decreases nausea for the following 24 hours. I was dubious, but on days I wouldn't take it, I was significantly sicker. My doctor recommended it, but it's not well known for morning sickness in Australia. My midwife had not heard of it, so she phoned the information line for medications during pregnancy, and they advised that it's a frontline morning sickness drug, normally combined with B6, and considered safe.

So, for ages, I took the dozile and maxalon. then i dropped the maxalon, and took the dozile and zofran when it was really bad, and I managed to keep working.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first pregnancy I had morning sickness the whole way through. Luckily have not had it so bad in subsequent pregnancies. I tried everything there was, went to the doctors several times etc. Nothing helped for me, I would vomit pretty much all day. My work was understanding, but I simply couldn't afford to not show up all the time so I went, would keep a bin next to me for emergencies (thankfully was not facing customers!) and just be running to the toilets as often as needed. It wasn't ideal for me or for work, but at least they knew I was doing everything possible. Hopefully you start to feel better in the next couple of weeks. Most pregnancies only have morning sickness for the first trimester.