+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    Could you store the old one somewhere? I am replacing ours when I get the $$ as I concern it is making my asthma and ds's lung issues worse but the old one with be stored and put back in when or if we ever move

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    Absolutely no where to store anything sadly. DP told me last night if we can get enough back at tax time we will look to move. I have wanted to move for over a year. So thats some good news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have lots of blankets ;-)

We are in Brisbane so it isn't too bad.. I did buy a little electric heater but only run it when DD has a bath so her room isn't cold when i dress her.

I miss living at mum and dads where they had a fireplace!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hydronic heating is the best for sure!!!!!

We have ducted and also a fabulous fireplace with a American style stove thing in it (does the same as those awful looking conara things)..the house is heated just with fire mostly..ducted is pricey..but worth it..especially here in Melb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    none- live in qld and 10 degrees over night really isn't that cold when you have jumper and trackies on and in bed with doona !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have reverse cycle units. It is our first winter here so goodness knows what our bill will be.

We're trying to use 'normally' to get an idea of what that will cost and then adjust as required!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a gas heater in the lounge, so we Freeze in our bedroom! - I'll add that its our first winter in toowoomba from Brisbane, so we aren't used to the cold!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Gas ducted. Hate it. We never use it. We prefer blankets

Reverse cycle ducted in the new soon-to-be house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We have ducted air con which also does heating.

I have no idea how much it would cost to run - we live in Qld and it's rarely cold enough to require it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i dont know what they r called but the ones that r on the wall and have air con/heating. Has a remote and the motor is on the outside of the house.
    Anyways, it's pathetic. Expensive, noisy, inefficient, dry heat.
    We r currently in a rental so puttig up with it but use it as minimal as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    good old fireplace. well its not old, the whole house is only 2 1/2 years old! it only costs DH time and petrol to go out and cut the wood(live on a property full of nice hot burning ironbark!), it heats the whole house (except the 3 spare rooms that we dont use and keep the door closed). the loungeroom is generally 23-27degrees, prob down to 18-20 in the morning