+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Umbilical hernia

Hi! I developed an umbilical hernia during my 1st pregnancy (bubs is 8 months old now). Its given me no pain but the surgeon wants to repair before my next pregnancy. I'm starting to freak out a bit now and have found nothing but negative experiences online. Has anyone else had the operation and gone on to have a normal pregnancy? How was your recovery from the operation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing as I have the same problem. I'm pregnant with our 4th and will prob have one more. I wonder if it's best to wait til we've finished or get it fixed in between.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by lolly137; 17-09-2015 at 19:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had the mesh repair surgery yesterday and only time will tell. The pain is not too bad but i can't hold my daughter for 2-3 weeks and should not get pregnant again for at least 6 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andiepandiee View Post
    I just had the mesh repair surgery yesterday and only time will tell. The pain is not too bad but i can't hold my daughter for 2-3 weeks and should not get pregnant again for at least 6 months.
    How's it healing up? Does it
    Look like a normal belly button again?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default healing well

Its been 2 months since surgery and belly almost back to normal. Scarring is minimal and belly button goes in slightly (looked alot better pre-baby lol). I'm hoping to start trying for baby no.2 at the end of the year. Will have to talk to gyno in regards to how this will affect future pregnancies. The internet is full of horror stories about this surgery but it really wasn't too bad. The worst part was not holding my daughter for 3 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hi i developed mine in my 5th pregnancy, I didn't get it fixed before I fall pregnant again and i deeply regret that.

At 17 weeks with my 6th I began vomiting and had bad pain, after a night of sitting crying pain i went to hospital, They determined it was my hernia playing up, They keep me in for 24 hours and then let me go with the plan of operating in the 20's weeks. At 19 weeks I was back at the ER, this time the pain was so bad that i couldn't stand , sit etc... I was given morphine and it did even touch the sides, I had quite a few morphine needles to settle the pain. I ended up being operated on at 2am as a emergency as my bowel had strangled on it. My baby was given only a 30 to 40 % chance of surviving with the op or we both would die without it.

The pain of it strangulating was way worse than labour, it was the worst pain I have ever had. The pain after was not pleasant but I choose not to take anything for it. I had the op at 2am and went home at 3 pm that same day. I have a big scar (11cm line with a circle for a new belly button) because i had it done when i was pregnant.

Please get it done before you fall pregnant if you can.