+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    http://www.cookperfectsteaks.com/coo...m-welldone.jpg

Just a basic pic for those who have no clue what is what.

That said, my version of "medium" is somewhere between the pic's medium rare and medium...
    There seems to be a big difference in the medium rare and the medium. To me medium rare is pink most of the way through but that pic looks like it is raw in the middle. On the other hand the medium looks a bit over done

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I like my steak medium

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I very, very rarely eat steak (only when pregnant - I get steak cravings then). When I do, I order it med to well.

I watched this really gross doco on SBS once about these little live worm things which were in the meat upon serving if it wasn't cooked well done. Ohhhh it was so gross
    Blah... I remember sitting with a friend and he took a bite of his steak and a couple of white worms came out of the steak... I wanted to vomit!

I used to have med-rare, now only med (and half the time eating out it ends up being served med-well :-( ) during the pregnancy I had only well done steaks, and after I just couldn't go back to med-rare. Also took me months to be able to have poached eggs again, which I've always loved, without gagging.
    Last edited by jake's mum; 26-05-2012 at 20:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Med rare. Always order it this way so if it's over cooked, it's still medium. Hate eating with il's who buy cheap minute or round steak and cook it until you could use it as a frisbee. Gross!!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I like my steak medium
    Whoops I missed the and why bit. Because I like it juicy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Rare for me, I like it juicy and tasty. I don't like cardboard

I sometimes go through phases where I could eat it raw, I suspect I'm low in iron during those phases.

And as for worms being in rare steak, they would still be in well cooked steak, just cooked. Meh, it's all protein I say

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jake's mum View Post
    Blah... I remember sitting with a friend and he took a bite of his steak and a couple of white worms came out of the steak... I wanted to vomit!

I used to have med-rare, now only med (and half the time eating out it ends up being served med-well :-( ) during the pregnancy I had only well done steaks, and after I just couldn't go back to med-rare. Also took me months to be able to have poached eggs again, which I've always loved, without gagging.
    Wtf Pretty sure you just turned me back into a vego

Guest Guest
    Depends on the steak. A supermarket one I do medium well (ours doesnt have great quality) When I get a nice porterhouse or rump from the butcher (or restaurant) I like medium to medium rare, the flavour is so much nicer and the meat tender.
    When blood runs out of it it's too rare for me.