+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah' it seems crazy. That's the conversation I had with the director today! Quite silly. But that's bcc's rules. It's because of liability I believe. I'm sure most centers would happily oblige. As I said though, diff councils will have diff rules, so hopefully it Ekin be an issue. Just wanted to let you know it might : ) Good luck!
    Last edited by Shooshlove; 25-05-2012 at 17:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookish View Post
    I'm afraid it may not even be possible, sorry. ds' day care provide food and there are very strict licensing laws around it. We are not allowed anything from outside or the director is up for huge fines. Our food is made off site so if they are making themselves it may be different. Hope so! Good luck : )

Wow.. Really? No thanks
    ***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Spoke with them today n they are happy for me to bring my own food.

They seemed abit relieved when i said it might be best if i supply it.

So great outcome!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbygirl For This Useful Post:

sweetseven  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome! Pat on the back for bravery : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our centre allows it, but no food brought from home can be shared. We make birthday cakes but they are egg, milk, nut and gluten free, made from scratch from ingredients made in a nut, dairy, egg and gluten free environment. But parents can provide food for their kids provided it's nut free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My crèche has a strict no food from home policy. Dd1 is severely lactose intolerant and was just getting other food when her room has yoghurt and custard (she loves yoghurt). I offered to supply sealed lactose free yoghurt and the centre director refused but got me to write down acceptable brands and names of yogurts and milks she could tolerate and the next week got me to check the ones they ordered in for Maddy were correct- they have even got a dairy free cheese in for her pizza and snack times where they serve cheese. I think if they refuse to allow you to bring your own they should be supplying a suitable alternative so your child doesn't miss out.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default refusing day care food

my son is now almost 4 and I have always provided his food. I would recommend just being straight with them. My son is lactose intolerant so can't have milk etc, but we also have a strict no sugar/no preservative stance at home - we made this after we gave him cupcakes for his first birthday and he became aggressive; frustrated; it was quite scary really - he just cried and cried and was hitting things - my god it was horrible. After no sugar for 36 hours he calmed down - so the hard line was taken. We explained this to the day care (with you'll have to deal with it, if he eats your food) (we have had 3 centres to do this with as we have had to move interstate etc), and all have been fine with it - i just keep it easy for them - avocado and cheese sandwich for lunch each day (I supply they make) and just fruit etc for morning and afternoon tea. Obviously nothing with nuts. I have never had any problems with it. I hope you centre is understanding.

If the centre provides food that children cannot eat becuase of allergies/intolerances, the centre must provide alternatives. If worried about sugar preservatives in the food, get a letter from your GP saying it has a negative effect on your child (obviously details of what these are) and take that to the centre. That gives you a medical reason why they have to either provide other food or you are able to provide food.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How to nicely refuse supplied foods??

I would definitely just be honest and say due to her allergies you would prefer to provide her food. However you appreciate the offer made to up hold the dietary requirements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Default How to nicely refuse supplied foods??

I would explain it to them just the way you have described here.