+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy_1902 View Post
    when i had my Ds 5 years ago i went 13 days over. before they even thought of inducing me. they induced me on the 14th day.

With my second i wanted a Vbac. i only went 5 days over that time, but i cant remember how long over they said i could go
    Thanks for sharing, I'll probably use that. "A lady on bubhub was allowed to go over 13 days" lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    What makes you think you cannot VBAC and would need to have a planned CS?
    My own paranoia I guess. I keep thinking of complications and things going against me. I had Pyle Nephritis last pregnancy and was really sick, had a few kidney infections already so hoping to keep on top of it.

CTM - Definitely not allowed to be induced. Which is ok I guess, I'm pretty scared after my last induction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was scared too, hence requesting an epidural from the outset lol. The induction is done by breaking waters then very low dose synto. You are more likely to suffer a complication from a repeat c sec than an induced vbac, particularly if you plan on more children.

The best thing to do is just wait til you go into labour though. There's no reason why being overdue is more of an issue with a vbac.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's that "allow" word again

***Sent from my phone***

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (24-05-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    first time was induced at 10 days over, with the gel. this was after 3days of spurious labour and high blood pressure. i had a uterine inversion
    this time if belly fruit is over 4kg they will either induce at 38 weeks or csection at term (i still have a low placenta at 27weeks)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ob was great. Very pro vbac. I was trying for vbac2 and he said he was happy for me to go as long as I wanted as long as bubs was okay. I was sure I was going to go to 43 weeks but bubs came at 41+4 😝

Like others have said I guess it depends on your ob and the hospy but if you want to go to 42/43 weeks then just t ell your obs that and as long as you are monitored it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Also shoukd point out that missie Mack is completely wrong when she says the risk of rupture in an induced vbac is 'really very big' geez the fear mongering

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

mum2twinboys  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should clarify that I live rurally and if there were any real complications I would need to be transferred an hour away.
    I also have endo attached to my c-section scar, I'm not sure if this is relevant to the risk of rupture though.

I've been told no epi which I was going to put in my birth plan anyway, and definitely no synto. Not sure about the amniotomy, guess I'll have to write it all down and ask at my next appointment.

Thank you to everyone who replied and shared their experiences

BroneDalit is offline Crazy Cat Lady and Pervy Hobbit Fancier
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 6 days over. I was booked in for an induction on what would have been day 10, but went into labour naturally. Longest 6 days of my life! LOL

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't care how long the hospital said they would 'let' me go over. I was simply not going to be induced. And a repeat cesarean was out of the question because of the risks involved. I knew I would go into labor eventually and I was just going to ride it out and wait for it to happen naturally... Induction is dangerous with a VBAC, most of the uterine rupture stories I have read have involved some sort of intervention from the hospital. In the end my hospital booked an induction for me for 42 weeks and I told them I just wouldn't come but they booked it anyway It didn't matter in the end because I only went 11 days over and my daughter was born happy and healthy on her own terms