+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default extreme eating

So my "all day" morning sickness seems to have subsided at 9weeks. YAY!
    I am experiencing some EXTREME cravings like never before. I eat and eat and eat as long as it's what im craving.
    For example: craving cookies and cream chocolate bar. Get a big 200g block and I EAT THE WHOLE DAMN THING IN A SITTING.
    Made 15 choc chip cookies this morning. THERE ARE 5 LEFT.
    Ive eaten 4 jam donuts in a sitting.
    Even with eating a fair amount all day and a decent dinner, come 11pm i am starving as if i havent eaten all day and need to eat 3 pieces of buttered toast just so i can sleep without hunger painS!

This is so bizzare for me. Im a tad uderweight so am just going with it all.
    Got weighed at GP yesterday and i am still the same weight as what i was a week ago. It has to be all pregnancy related right?

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 43 kilos when I got pregnant with DD. Doctor told me I had to put on as much weight as possible because I was not a healthy weight.

I was not a good eater.

I gained 20 kilos in those 40 weeks. I was downing food like it was running short. I ate 80 McNuggets in the space of a few hours. I ate 2 kilos of carrots in a day.

Don't eat for two, but also don't only eat junk food. You have to eat better quality food and just a touch over your usual daily intake of calories.

don't feel guilty over a splurge, we all do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The advice (in a nutshell) that I was given was eat as much as you need to in order to feel satisfied, but at least attempt to make healthy choices - ie choose steak and veg over chocolate bars!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    I was 43 kilos when I got pregnant with DD. Doctor told me I had to put on as much weight as possible because I was not a healthy weight.

I was not a good eater.

I gained 20 kilos in those 40 weeks. I was downing food like it was running short. I ate 80 McNuggets in the space of a few hours. I ate 2 kilos of carrots in a day.

Don't eat for two, but also don't only eat junk food. You have to eat better quality food and just a touch over your usual daily intake of calories.

don't feel guilty over a splurge, we all do it!
    Carrots???!!! 2kgs??? wow lol were u just hungry or was it some sort of craving?
    My Dr said if i should happen to put on 25kgs during this pregnancy, it wouldnt be a bad thing.
    I'm a really good eater, i usually dont go for junk at all. We dont even have it in the house. But these cravings r severe, i actually go out in search of it and salavate thinkig about it. Nothing feels satisfying as much as fulfilling a craving lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 18 weeks pregnant and eaten deep fried goodness for most of that time. In this time i have managed to put on 3kgs and its belly and boobs. I went from a small b cup to a dd cup, and got a belly. I have not exercised at all due to possible incompetence cervix. Some pregnancies are different And carrots are always good for you :P this is my partner -> he wanted to say hi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahlsandbubs View Post
    I am 18 weeks pregnant and eaten deep fried goodness for most of that time. In this time i have managed to put on 3kgs and its belly and boobs. I went from a small b cup to a dd cup, and got a belly. I have not exercised at all due to possible incompetence cervix. Some pregnancies are different And carrots are always good for you :P this is my partner -> he wanted to say hi
    Bahahaha! ok i dont feel so bad now lol. i do not exercise due to pure laziness. DH noticed my buldging boobs so i guess that's where it's all going atm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I told all my friends that I don't have cravings. Then one day I realised I'd had two cups of hot chocolate, a bag of sour worms, two cupcakes, a bag of skittles and a box of jelly belly jelly beans. Ok, not in one sitting but from a woman who took pride in not having a sweet tooth it was pretty good going.

Passionfruit and kiwi fruits are helping to quell the tart craving. I started at 56 kilos. I'm aiming for a 13 kilo weight gain, so far I'm on track at 3 kilos. But my .5 kilo weight gain (since yesterday) did send my eyebrows flying up this morning.