+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe you could find a family daycare!
    Less children means less germs and more personalised care for your family!
    Often cheaper too

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Kids can also be contageous BEFORE they are symptomatic so sometimes parents don't know their child is ill, then when the child is showing symptoms, they do the right thing but it's too late because it would have already been passed on. Also viruses can take DAYS to incubate in the system so a child wouldn't really show symptoms the day after being exposed generally.

So unfortunatly, good hygeine practices or not...kids who play together will share illnesses - it's par for course when children mix.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah nothing youcan do- kids are kids and pass on things fast!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It could be the centre or the kids/family. We have had so many outbreaks due to parents bringing in kids on medication(panadol and cough) and pretending they are fine or lying about dioreha or vomiting. My child attended a center and caught gastro her FIRST time being sick in 3 years(she was 3yo, attending the daycare for 2years) ALL the parents said they took kids to the doctors and were not actually sick blah blah I took my girl he said gastro and said he had a lot of gastro cases recently I told them and then they requested proof as she had exact symptoms other kids had.

It could be your centre but people are so desperate that they will lie to be able to go to work, it makes me mad as I am a working parent at the daycare and if I get sick I cant go to work either.

Check the centre out yourself arrive early one day, do a late drop off inspect the toilets and eating areas. Stay a while and observe...are the carers washing hands after nose wiping? wearing gloves AND changing them? Are they wiping change tables between children, washing their hands(and the child) after changes? Washing hands in general. Anything YOU would do are they doing it? Do they clean up toilet accidents properly?
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 24-05-2012 at 20:27.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fairyflossfairy For This Useful Post:

babybumblebee  (24-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was a family daycare for over 2years and the biggest grip I had with one parent was that she would send her kids to me sick. There is a book put out that all daycare's and centers have about minimum exclusion periods etc which is what I used to operate under. On several occasions kids would arrived with chest infections severe asthma and on one occasion gastro. Parent didn't say anything but poor little girl had severe diahorrea by the early afternoon. I asked for her to be collected and told grandma she couldn't cum the next day and to be kept home until the diahorrea had been gone for 24hrs. Her brother came the next day anyway wasn't alot I could do as he wasn't sick. Little girl was so sick with gastro she almost ended up in hospital. We had several episodes of sending the kids when they were quite sick over the next few weeks but I couldn't seem to make their mum understand that if I got sick or my daughter did then they wouldn't have any care at all. I ended up having to cancel the care because we ended up getting sick all the time too!!

I'm a single mum and I know how hard it is to manage sick kids and work but some parents still do the wrong thing and it's other families that suffer. I'd ask about their policies and how soon kids are sent home if it will put your mind at ease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As an adult who had very little outside contact it felt luke I was constantly sick with something the first probably 3 months and unlike children I dont stick everything and anything in / up my nose and mouth, I know how to wash my hands properly etc but my immune system wasn't ready for 30 odd kids germs.

If a child arrives or gets sick at care we have to notify the parent and wait for them to collect their child, sometimes parents take a long time coming or refuse to come.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub