+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,
    It's been a busy few days on here since I last called in.
    Clementine: I am so sorry to hear of your recent loss. Don't beat yourself up for getting upset at shopping. There would be no way I would be shopping for kids clothes or anything so soon after so good on you for being brave. Tears are good for cleansing the soul . Good luck with your next transfer. I hope the next few weeks fly by so you can get on with it. Let us know when you have a date.
    Hudson: You have had a rough ride. I am very sorry to hear of your losses. You are a wise woman not going to events that would just upset you. I am getting to that point. And I feel better for it. What is the next step for you?
    AMPS: wow that is extremely frustrating for you. I can hear it in your words. I hope you get the answers you are after. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly for you.
    Fortitude: I loved reading your post. It was so honest and raw. And I think at different points we have all had the same thoughts. I can't believe a friend of yours who is accidentally UTD would say such things to you? Despite being an IVF patient you are a mother as well?! That would make my blood boil. I hope the next few weeks move quickly for you so you can get right back onto it next month.

I hope everyone else is having a good few days and enjoying the long weekend?

AFM. Had laposcopy on Thursday. They found a bit of Endo that was removed but nothing much else. Follow up appt in 2 weeks to discuss blood test results for genetic testing I had done. Maybe we will find some answers there? But my FS assures me I can cycle again in July so just a few weeks and we will be off again. So I am feeling mentally better knowing I am moving forward again and not standing still.

Have a great long weekend. I hope you are all taking it easy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy33 View Post
    That would make my blood boil.
    Basically it made me infuriates me- but she doesn't know I am on IVF, but she knows I am a mum. I think this whole process of IVF has made me realise I actually very pro life. One of the things that upsets me most is that fact that my embryo died before it could live. Even if it failed to implant at all I would feel it was a wasted life, I feel sadness for the embyros that fertilised and failed to grow in the lab too. I must just be too much of a soft mushy type. My DD is far more cut and dried about the whole thing "It didn't work, maybe the next one will?"

Thanks Clementine: what you said is EXACTLY what we have been told. I was too upset to call so made my DH call the clinic nurse. I can book in to see the FS before next cycle (and will), and next cycle will be a FET in July. A month before day 1, six weeks before next try at this IVF adventure.

My remaining Frosty is bothering me, because I think it is doomed to fail. This is why: does anyone have thoughts?
    At day 5 I had the Grade 1 embryo that was growing perfectly and was used in this ET- it implanted but failed to grow. On Day 5 we had 3 others still growing- but on Day 5 NONE were considered good enough to freeze as they were too immature. Clinic said they would grow them 2 more days and "see what happens, but it's unlikely you'll get a frozen embryo". Fast forward the 2 days, one embyro DID grow and was frozen. I keep thinking if it hadn't grown right by Day 5 then how can it have a chance when the "Text Book" Grade 1 embyro from the same cycle failed? Does that make sense? Or doesn't it matter that it took longer to become freeze worthy?

Ivy- looks like we will both cycle in July!!

Who else is cycling in July? Stim or FET?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fortitude, sometimes its not always the perfect grade A ones that make it. They told us our first embryo was textbook perfect, then the 2nd one started growing again as soon as it was thawed and was almost completely hatched before we transferred. We still don't have a baby. So sometimes the advanced ones don't make it, and a slow grower could be the one that is the lucky one. Your embie will probably start growing again once you've thawed it. They prob wouldn't freeze it if it wasn't going to survive the thaw.

Are you doing a medicated cycle?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortitude , I know its a hard journey, but just remember that a normal young 20 something year old couple, only have around 25% chance each month of falling pregnant. You will hear this a million times throughout your ivf journey, that it is all a numbers game. (unless you find along the way there are other things that get in the way). Try and relax, and remember it may take a while. Or, you may be one of the lucky ones. But you came so close on your first cycle, so that has to be encouraging!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bwana For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ClementineGrace,
    Cause my cycles are fairly regular it looks likely it will be a natural cycle with FET.
    I am going to go see my FS for 'the plan' for next cycle.

Kind of scared after this cycle. But as people keep telling me an implantation at all is a good sign- just need the right embryo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    Hey ClementineGrace,
    Cause my cycles are fairly regular it looks likely it will be a natural cycle with FET.
    I am going to go see my FS for 'the plan' for next cycle.

Kind of scared after this cycle. But as people keep telling me an implantation at all is a good sign- just need the right embryo.
    Implementation is a very good sign especially since you have been pregnant before. Since you had a BFP I don't think this applies but found it on the Genea website.

"Do I need to have a break between cycles?
    We recommend that you have at least 1 month’s break following a stimulated IVF cycle, but you can go “back-to-back” if you’re doing a natural or frozen embryo transfer IVF cycle."

You're better off skipping a month to ensure your insides are clear of any drugs etc. Sometimes bad embryo's turn into BFP's so I wouldn't lose hope on your little frozen one. Good luck at your follow up appointment, hope you get all the answers you are after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a great thread. I had a terrible time with my first positive as I bonded so instantly when I found out I was pregnant. It was from an IVF converted to IUI. The day before my second blood test i had a terrible day at work where I was told I had been accused of and found guilty of bullying. It was very badly handled by my manager and I have since been cleared but it took it's toll. The second blood test came back with a Hcg of 5 and I was completely devastated.

I took a couple months off and tried again with another IVF cycle. This time round I got a very faint positive with a POAS the day before my blood test. It was more faint than the previous one so I kind of knew it wasn't going to be good. Then, that afternoon I started bleeding. At the blood test they told me there was definitely something there, agreed it probably wasn't good news in the long run but encouraged me to go home and rest just in case so I took the rest of the week off work. That afternoon I was told there was less than 1 HCG in the blood test. when i called the clinic to ask for a sick certificate a couple of days later, the FS' PA told me no as I was just recorded as a negative result and the POAS result was probably left over from the trigger. It was really like adding insult to injury and now I'm unsure whether that was a chem pregnancy or not. I definitely don't think it was the trigger injection still there the day before the blood test but what would a veteran in the fertility stakes know???

For myself I think implantation is a great sign and it is one of the things I want my FS to work on next. My first IUI I had every pregnancy symptom under the sun but no evidence of implantation. The second time I think they had poor timing as it was a dud from the start and then one chem pregnancy at least. I think implantation is a factor for anyone to work with and to be happy about. It is a sign your body and embryo are working together even if it doesn't end the way we want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am I being stubborn or stupid?

I have decided I don't want to go into the clinic for my BT tomorrow.
    After Friday I knew the BFP was doomed, AF has arrived full force and quite frankly I don't care less what the HcG is now because whatever the number it is is basically reminds me I am "not pregnant".
    I won't be able to cycle until next month, so I figure if I go back in a few weeks I can have it tested then- more like a "pre cycle test".
    Besides, I am still very upset that they told me about my failing to rise HcG results on a voice mail- I thought it was very uncaring. Maybe I am being ultra sensitive.
    I just can't face going in there.

So, am I stubborn or stupid?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fortitude - Don't feel bad about how you are feeling. If you don't want to go in for your bt, then don't. My clinic will follow up with bt on cd21, to check hcg, E2 & P4, to make sure all your hormones are back to normal. Then you can go onto cycle again after af arrives. I felt exactly the same both times I went through this. I would mention to them how insensitive the voice-mail was and that in the future you don't want results left. I've learnt a very painful lesson of late and thats I'm a human being with feelings, not a number, and that sometimes you have to remind others of that.

Hope you are all well

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (12-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amps View Post
    I've learnt a very painful lesson of late and thats I'm a human being with feelings, not a number
    LOL I think I just took that same lesson.
    Maybe it is my stubborn self that refuses to do what I am told when I don't see a clear purpose.
    My AF is here with bells on, won't go into TMI other than to say it is definately not a normal AF. The clinic said I have to wait until next AF to start next cycle, so I figure I have plenty of time to review various levels.