+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 398
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    498
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked
    122
    Reviews
    0
    Zakmick - i hope you're feeling better soon - ENT infections are horrible. Make sure you're gargling warm salty water - whenever i do that, it helps to clear it up really quickly - my dad had a throat infection last week and using antibiotics and gargling, it cleared up toot sweet. Look after yourself and stay toasty warm.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to KandP For This Useful Post:

    Zakmick  (01-06-2012)

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Far North Qld
    Posts
    567
    Thanks
    255
    Thanked
    186
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies

    Sorry but here's a "me" post. Misery loves company and all that
    After spending 8 days in hospital I'm still having trouble sleeping and focusing, all the meds they had me on have messed my body up something shocking. Our little one tried to implant but didn't make it, which means we've lost baby #4, which is not classed as a m/c cos the levels were too low. Sure as hell felt tlike one, just the same as our 2 naturals and our first ivf cycle( wqhich wasn't classed as a m/c either), This time just for fun, my body grew 2 ovarian cysts in less than a month, well they burst and left my ovary sitting in a pool of yuck, which I have to wait for my body to absorb.........gross and crap!!!
    I feel like we won't get our family, that all this is nature's way of telling me to stop trying, it's not going to happen. I want to but I feel so helpless, so useless.
    To top it off, my workplace even phoned me while in hospital, doped out of my skull, to see if I would take a new position. WTF!!!! I told them that I was not allowed to make any decisions whilst undergoing treatment.....as if I should've even had to say that. Was not happy.
    We see our fs on Tuesday and I have asked he consults with the medical director of our clinic, as I can't get an appointment with him until September. I want answers and a more aggressive approach for our fet( we still have 2 frosties which I'm going to have to fight to have both put back in together)
    Okay, I've vent ed now, thanks Ladies
    Hope you are all well and in as good a place as you can be!

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,719
    Thanks
    386
    Thanked
    208
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakmick View Post
    Hi girls,
    It's been my turn to lay low. Not feeling the best, got two ear infections with a throat infection too. Then today I woke with a migraine!
    Where is that black cat??
    So dosed up on antibiotics and painkillers.
    Will be back when I'm feeling better to do personals
    Xx
    Awww hope you are feeling better xx


    FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,719
    Thanks
    386
    Thanked
    208
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amps View Post
    Hi Ladies

    Sorry but here's a "me" post. Misery loves company and all that
    After spending 8 days in hospital I'm still having trouble sleeping and focusing, all the meds they had me on have messed my body up something shocking. Our little one tried to implant but didn't make it, which means we've lost baby #4, which is not classed as a m/c cos the levels were too low. Sure as hell felt tlike one, just the same as our 2 naturals and our first ivf cycle( wqhich wasn't classed as a m/c either), This time just for fun, my body grew 2 ovarian cysts in less than a month, well they burst and left my ovary sitting in a pool of yuck, which I have to wait for my body to absorb.........gross and crap!!!
    I feel like we won't get our family, that all this is nature's way of telling me to stop trying, it's not going to happen. I want to but I feel so helpless, so useless.
    To top it off, my workplace even phoned me while in hospital, doped out of my skull, to see if I would take a new position. WTF!!!! I told them that I was not allowed to make any decisions whilst undergoing treatment.....as if I should've even had to say that. Was not happy.
    We see our fs on Tuesday and I have asked he consults with the medical director of our clinic, as I can't get an appointment with him until September. I want answers and a more aggressive approach for our fet( we still have 2 frosties which I'm going to have to fight to have both put back in together)
    Okay, I've vent ed now, thanks Ladies
    Hope you are all well and in as good a place as you can be!
    You have the right to demand answers... We pay so much money & let them play havoc with our bodies emotionally & physically....
    You sound like you've really had a bad run lately... It hurts so much I know, I'm regretting not arguing to have 2 put back in & now we have one left but no time to change doctors, I too am going to try complaining! Nothing worse than the world of not knowing! I hope you can talk them unto two!
    I also hope you are starting to feel better, doesn't sound nice what your body has been through.....
    As for work, I'm glad you said what you did - screw them....
    XO


    FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,431
    Thanks
    1,018
    Thanked
    2,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Zamick, sounds like you've been really unwell hope that you are getting over it all and feeling better.

    KandP, how are you going? Have you got your next cycle planned yet?

    Amps, man some of us get more than our share! You poor thing, sounds like you've had an awful time lately! Hope that you start feeling better and get back on your feet. Good idea to sit down with the FS and hope they can give you some answers.

    Martcc, i saw on another thread that you got a bfn, i'm so sorry It's just not fair, you've already been through enough, I'm sorry it didn't work this cycle. Hope you are doing ok.

    I'm having an "i hate IVF day". I read an article on SMH.com about Collette Dinigan getting pregnant naturally at 46 (which to be honest, i'm a bit sceptical of) and reading all the hateful comments about ivf in the thread below. I've had about 5 people this week tell me how tired and sick I look. I used to have great skin and rosy cheeks, now i look pale, grey and worn out from too much crying over lost babies and too many migraines and ivf drugs. I feel like i've turned grey overnight. I've STILL got traces of HCG in my system so i can't start the next cycle till that goes down to zero (hopefully this week). I'm feeling exhausted and don't know how i'm going to find the energy to start it all again. My DH wants me to have a longer break, but i just feel like i can't. I just want to get the IVF over with and get on with my life.


    Does anyone else feel like that? Like that you can't stop, you just have to try and keep going because the waiting between cycles is so hard and its not like a break anyway?

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    847
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    167
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally feel like that Clementine, I can't stop. I need to get this over with as well, the sooner the better. It's too hard to live like this, I told my mum off over the weekend for suggesting I have a break. I assume they are thinking the stress it's having is not helping the end result

  8. #47
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    814
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    172
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I'm having an "i hate IVF day". I read an article on SMH.com about Collette Dinigan getting pregnant naturally at 46 (which to be honest, i'm a bit sceptical of) and reading all the hateful comments about ivf in the thread below. I've had about 5 people this week tell me how tired and sick I look. I used to have great skin and rosy cheeks, now i look pale, grey and worn out from too much crying over lost babies and too many migraines and ivf drugs. I feel like i've turned grey overnight. I've STILL got traces of HCG in my system so i can't start the next cycle till that goes down to zero (hopefully this week). I'm feeling exhausted and don't know how i'm going to find the energy to start it all again. My DH wants me to have a longer break, but i just feel like i can't. I just want to get the IVF over with and get on with my life.


    Does anyone else feel like that? Like that you can't stop, you just have to try and keep going because the waiting between cycles is so hard and its not like a break anyway?
    Totally understand how you feel, even when you're down and hating IVF you can't stop. The month you have to wait in-between cycles is enough of a killer. This is probably why we haven't told anyone about IVF I just want to forget about this nightmare of a journey (although really appreciate the science) if we ever get our bub.

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,431
    Thanks
    1,018
    Thanked
    2,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hear you Kmvw and Rachael. A "break" from IVF is not a break, its just time off. All the while i'm counting days on my head. My partner wants me to take a break for like 3 or 4 months, but it's not like i can forget about the IVF and rest and enjoy myself. It's also not like it's an unknown, we know what's ahead. I know i'll have the migraines and the nausea and the dreaded waiting game ahead of me, i don't know how i can relax on a "break".

    I'm the same Rachael, i just want off this horrid roller coaster. If we had any chance of having a baby naturally, i'd be tempted to take a break and see what happens, but with my DP's count, its impossible so i know this is the only way.

    We're pretty tough, us IVF women. Sometimes i don't think people realise what an incredibly tough road this is.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,719
    Thanks
    386
    Thanked
    208
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Totally feel like that Clementine, I can't stop. I need to get this over with as well, the sooner the better. It's too hard to live like this, I told my mum off over the weekend for suggesting I have a break. I assume they are thinking the stress it's having is not helping the end result
    Haha sorry that I laughed when I read this BUT I had this very conversation with my mum tonight!
    and my boss from work, girls I agree that there's never a break, not really!
    I don't want to take a break, it's taking a toll financially & emotionally but we want this so bad! Rhhh


    FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,719
    Thanks
    386
    Thanked
    208
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Zamick, sounds like you've been really unwell hope that you are getting over it all and feeling better.

    KandP, how are you going? Have you got your next cycle planned yet?

    Amps, man some of us get more than our share! You poor thing, sounds like you've had an awful time lately! Hope that you start feeling better and get back on your feet. Good idea to sit down with the FS and hope they can give you some answers.

    Martcc, i saw on another thread that you got a bfn, i'm so sorry It's just not fair, you've already been through enough, I'm sorry it didn't work this cycle. Hope you are doing ok.

    I'm having an "i hate IVF day". I read an article on SMH.com about Collette Dinigan getting pregnant naturally at 46 (which to be honest, i'm a bit sceptical of) and reading all the hateful comments about ivf in the thread below. I've had about 5 people this week tell me how tired and sick I look. I used to have great skin and rosy cheeks, now i look pale, grey and worn out from too much crying over lost babies and too many migraines and ivf drugs. I feel like i've turned grey overnight. I've STILL got traces of HCG in my system so i can't start the next cycle till that goes down to zero (hopefully this week). I'm feeling exhausted and don't know how i'm going to find the energy to start it all again. My DH wants me to have a longer break, but i just feel like i can't. I just want to get the IVF over with and get on with my life.


    Does anyone else feel like that? Like that you can't stop, you just have to try and keep going because the waiting between cycles is so hard and its not like a break anyway?
    Hi Clementine
    Yep BFN, was pretty upset, bounced back a little better than I thought... The waiting for AF after the m/c killed me... But I realised when the witch arrived this time I've only got to wait two weeks! Still sucks & I'm not sure where we will keep finding the money BUT we will
    3rd time lucky (last embie)

    I know how you feel, I feel like I've let myself go, not going to the gym, clothes getting snug, pimples everywhere, hairdresser told me I'm losing so much hair etc..... I even noticed my eyes are not looking healthy :-( too much crying is all I can put it down to!?
    It's horrible & I hate rides at the best of times, I refuse to ride rollercoasters yet I find myself on here time after time!
    I wish we were all able to have an easier journey... I'm glad to have made some "virtual friends" who can relate!

    Sucks waiting for the HCG to come down, it's all part of the horrid waiting! How many embies have you got?


    FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....


 

Similar Threads

  1. Chem free deodorant
    By peasmum in forum General Health
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 14-09-2012, 17:03
  2. Chem Pregnancy- how did it affect your following cycles?
    By rosengold111 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-07-2012, 16:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Nice Pak Products
Australian Made and Owned. The Baby U Goat Milk Skincare range is enriched with soothing goats milk sourced from country, Victoria. Goat's milk has a pH level close to that of our own skin and contains natural sources of amino acids and vitamins.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Impressionable Kids
Impressionable Kids are Australia's leader in framed children's memorabilia and specialise in framed baby hand and feet sculptures. With franchise locations throughout Australia you can be assured you will receive a quality handmade product with a lifetime warranty on all frames.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!