+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did anyone see A Current of Affair with the ivf couple who are 50yrs and 61 yrs old with identical twins?

They have done 15 cycles ( I think?) and used eggs donated from a 29 yr Greek woman. The lady travelled to Greece for the treatment I think? It was sad and I cried when they talked about all the heartache through the whole journey- it was etched on their faces. They talked about all the debt they had, had accessed superannuation etc and would do it all again.
    It was also encouraging to know that it can still happen and it was lovely to see how happy they were.

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Zakmick, sorry I have been quiet this week... I had another BT this morning.. hCG down to 16...almost gone... another one set for Tuesday...groan. AF has come and gone over the weekend...whould have thought it would be below 5 for sure... Appointment with the FS tomorrow at midday, so we'll see what she has to say.

I don't (can't) watch A Current Affair, so I didn't see the story. I doubt we'll be going to such lengths at that age.

How are things going with you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Zakmick how are you feeling? How long do you have to wait for any news?

Sorry Minx, hope your ok

I'm just hanging around. I'm only 4dp2dt and I'm climbing up the walls.

I rang the lab to find out what the quality of my last two frozen embies are, as i have used the best two. Found out they are grade 3, grading 1-5 1 being best. So they are average, made an appointment with another FS too find out if i should use the last 2 as natural fets or start another stimulated cycle. Hopefully I won't need to do another FET or another cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Hi Zakmick how are you feeling? How long do you have to wait for any news?

Sorry Minx, hope your ok

I'm just hanging around. I'm only 4dp2dt and I'm climbing up the walls.

I rang the lab to find out what the quality of my last two frozen embies are, as i have used the best two. Found out they are grade 3, grading 1-5 1 being best. So they are average, made an appointment with another FS too find out if i should use the last 2 as natural fets or start another stimulated cycle. Hopefully I won't need to do another FET or another cycle!
    So you got hold of them?! I'm glad..
    Like I said my last pregnancy was a grade 3 :-)
    I was climbing up the walls at 2 days past haha

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, thanks for all your stories, it's inspiring and sobering. Great idea to have this thread.

I've just started IVF #3 antagonist cycle after 4 chemical pregnancies (2 natural, 2 IVF). Everything checks out including a second endometrial biopsy. So we have the all clear. My FS has upped the ante, we're adding progynova and luveris to the first half of my cycle and clexane to luteal phase support. I'm a low responder and am on 450 Puregon this cycle

We got sick of our family asking us about having kids, telling them we're doing IVF has kept them off our back, just my mum knows the details as she comes to collect me after the laps/hysts and EPUs.

Like you Minxyq I feel like we've got to be doing something all the time, doing nothing makes me feel like we're 'falling behind'. Every month off waiting for HCG to come down, ops or antibiotics makes me feel anxious that time is marching on, we're getting older and more friend have babies or announce their pregnancies. I can feel everyone's eyes on my tummy at work, wondering why after 6 years of marriage we still don't have kids.

But I try to hunt down the amazing Bubhub stories to give me hope, especially those strong women who've triumphed after such unbelievable struggles. We know that we have to keep positive and that our baby is worth the wait and we'll be so much better parents for surviving this process

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LiteFantastic For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (30-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I just got back from the FS. Despite not sticking, she's stoked that we made progress this cycle... implantation plus a frosty. I think we are going to go with another stim cycle and keep the frosty we have for future reference... ( I would like to have more than one and the older I get the poorer the quality of my eggs and what if I never get another frosty??).

In the meantime, we are doing tests...more tests, 9 vials of blood's worth.... next week when I am due to do, hopefully my last, hCG. Including karyotyping, coeliac disease (that will kill be if it comes back positive), thyroid, coag screen, etc etc....16 all up...plus a urine sample for bugs. Basically testing for anything and everything that could cause miscarriage... can't complain about thoroughness!!

But I figure, we don't have a lot of time, we are better off checking everything out to avoid wasting any of it as much as possible.

Next stim cycle is the same as the last, plus clexane.

So that's me...moving down the road ahead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minx, I'm so glad they are being so through... Was that your first m/c ?(sorry hard to keep up in these threads lol)

After mine, the fs said "it's just one of those things"

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    second... had a blighted ovum last year (natural)... and that one we dealt with chemically... my OB sent me the med's and I spent a day at home in the foetal position.. wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    Last edited by minxyq; 30-05-2012 at 14:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    It's been my turn to lay low. Not feeling the best, got two ear infections with a throat infection too. Then today I woke with a migraine!
    Where is that black cat??
    So dosed up on antibiotics and painkillers.
    Will be back when I'm feeling better to do personals
    Xx