+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default From BFP to BFN and moving forward (chem and early MC support)

Hey Zacmick, I great feel like skipping round all day! I'm ready for the roller coaster ride again!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi all,
    I had my transfer on the 3rd oct.The doc called us in before transfer and was really happy with the results and said its good news, so hubby and I were excited. Then he shows us a sheet and says out of the 7 there's one good one!! Huh???? I broke down! No backup.
    I poas last Wednesday and it was positive, plus sore boobs and nauseas. Then the next day started spotting and then turned into a period.
    Bloods showed that there was pregnancy hormone but it just didn't attach.

WHY!!!??? We went they all this to get a healthy one and then it doesnt work!? I just don't understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: From BFP to BFN and moving forward (chem and early MC support)

Eleash - I'm sorry you had to go through that - especially after getting a positive. What's the plan for you now?

Zacmick - How are you doing? I think I've just misspelled your name, but am on phone and can't check it - sorry!

AFM - cautious good news. I'm now 9 days post 5 day transfer (so kind of 14 dpo) and for the last 5 days I've been getting bfps! My blood test isn't until Wednesday (my clinic does it super late), so I'm waiting for that, but looks hopeful! We really just want to get past the first scan, as that's where it all went wrong last time, but fingers crossed...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Eleash..... So sorry to hear your news. We had a very similar situation... 2 grade a blasts put back told everything looked so positive and BFN. 1 frostie which stuck but then ended at 5 weeks. I thought the BFN was bad but the positive then not was a whole other level! Keep positive... I know the whole fertility treatment is so hard.

Girlx .... What fantastic news. I really hope this is the one for you. X

AFM.... First stim jab last night after an acupuncture session so I felt like a pin cushion at the end of the day! All good, the jab took a bit longer as they have increased the dose and we do it slowly so it doesn't sting!

Hi everyone else.... I hope you are all well and busy having fun!

Jen x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jen80 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (21-10-2012)

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Eleash it is hard to understand this whole process. Sorry I'm on my phone how many cycles have you had? I just read another post of yours saying you were doing ivf+pgd, did you do this this cycle too? We are considering going down this route now, as when they tested the product of conception the embryo had trisomy 13 at last mc. Both our karotypes are normal though.

Last stim cycle we collected 21 eggs, 10 fertilised and we ended up with two with a bfn. It hurts, things seem so good one day to be hell the next.

I would get a list of questions together and ask these questions of FS.

GirlX: I'm good hunny xx

Jen: keep skipping lovely, keeping a smile on our dials gets us through the days xx

Afm: 2 prospective new FS apts down, one to go!!
    Started a new business to this week which has be busy as well.

Love to all of you xx
    Last edited by Zakmick; 21-10-2012 at 02:36.

Thanks
    Reviews

It's my 7th miscariage. (its our first ibf cycle). We have a healthy 4 year old son. But while trying for another, found out that im a carrier of balanced robertsonian translocation 14/21 that's why we are going down the ivf+pgd route.

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Eleash ...Wow 7 mc, you are a strong woman, you and your partner have been through the ringer. Your 4 yr old is very blessed to have you !!!

A few women I have spoken with who have gone down the pgd path have only ever got 1-2 normally fertilised embryos from an average of 5 fertilised embryos and that can be an age factor at times. So to get one good embryo that was great!!

Going down the pgd path, the odds of falling pregnant increase dramatically, and I like you would have thought finding the right embryo is all you would have needed.{{big hugs}}

Did FS call and chat why they didn't think things continued?

I think too that first cycle of ivf is hard to judge how things go, as FS is working out how you respond to the meds etc, another way to look at it is that 1st round ivf is a VERY expensive experiment. Through ivf I have learnt to try and stay positive but also to have average expectations, as then you are pleasantly surprised if its better than the norm.

It's an emotional roller coaster ivf, and you strap in for a hell of a ride, its the way you can mentally handle the whole process which will be your saviour in the end.

I'm hoping FS has a new plan of attack for you!!!Have they done any exploratory surgery on you? I'm having a laparoscopy, hysterscopy and curette in the month before our next stim cycle. To find out if there is something else going on besides our incorrectly fertilised embryos, as after 4 mc, I want to make sure every rock is not left unturned, as we can't emotionally and financially keep doing this.

I'm just thinking with 7th mc, that you may require a tune up (clean out) to make sure you are ok? What clinic are you with? Have you got a follow up apt?

Thinking of you and hope you are ok xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi everyone..... Sorry no personals as I am reading and running! Got my first morning jab today and bloods at 10am. The time is just flying by, can't believe egg pick up is likely to be a week today! hoping for a BFP as my early Christmas present!

Take care everyone, I will catch up individually later!

Jen x

Thanks
    Reviews

Hello, we are all quiet!

I'm scheduled for epu tomorrow morning, looking forward to my needle free day. The scan on Friday showed 22 follicles all of varying sizes but most between 10-19mm so hoping for a nice bumper crop!

Take care everyone I hope you are all well!

Jen

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jen80 For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (01-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We lost our twins, feel an unbelievable loss.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 20-11-2012 at 17:30.