+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default From BFP to BFN and moving forward (chem and early MC support)

Thanks so much for getting back to me Zamick n Allysmumtobe.
    We did an icsi cycle in nov 2010 due to my DH having low sperm count. I think my fertility is ok, all I've had it's all the blood tests but they didn't really bother as if we had to do icsi anyway I guess what was the point!

I ovulate on my own, in fact got severe OHSS after they retrieved 30 eggs n was hospitalized for a week so they could drain 6 L from my abdomen (nice).

So we got 16 5 day embryos, n now 2 out of 3 were duds n now I'm worrying, that although we have a great number are most of them never going to make it?

I asked about biopsy to do some genetic testing but it's something only done on fresh embryos that will be frozen, otherwise frozen ones will have to be thawed n refrozen which can kill the embryo...
    So I feel like if I did a natural FET at least a ton of progesterone isn't putting off the inevitable, I'd rather get a BFN then go thru this again....

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I can't make up my mind on what's worse bfn or bfp because I'd worried that my one good egg failed and I'm domed if I get a bfn this cycle

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I find the BFP's harder to deal with, as I feel you have more to loose then, as i feel with bfn's it was never meant to be.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

SJG  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey hey.... I was right... BFN yesterday. But I was inspired by Zak... my FN called me at 2 pm... I was at the clinic by 3:20... I have my protocol and paid up and ready to rockn'roll on day 2... woot!... I didn't feel preg, so spoke to my FN on Tuesday...lined up the ducks. I have enough left over drugs to start over the weekend. I pick up the drugs for this cycle on Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Minxy - really sorry to hear about your BFN. Good that you can commence another cycle straight away though.

ZM - how are your eggies growing? What dose of stimms are you on.

I started stimming last night along with the clexane and so far seems to be okay. Just got to remember to take the prenisoldone (or whatever it is called twice a day as well). I am on 450 this time which seems heaps doesnt it? Maybe I do have low AMH after all.

Hope everyone is enjoying a nice weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks midnite, but I wasn't surprised at all.. I am just glad to be able to stim immediately.

I am (will be) 225 gonal f... same protocol as last time, plus clexane. I got 15 eggs last time ... 7 fert. It has been May since I last stimmed, so I'd like to think we'll get better results this time round.

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews

I'm sorry Minx, but it's great you can start straight away!!!!

Midnite, I'm on a really low dose 125 puregon. Doesn't look like it will change either, as I'm responding well. I'm glad too as I think FS rushed the growth last time which damaged the quality (close to Christmas). I read this last night too.

Maybe too late for me, but you girls could try??? Also there is a list of vitamins another bhubber put on I'll find that too!!

One of the primary benefits of Green Tea in regard to fertility is not in what it contains, but rather in what it does not contain. Green tea has a much smaller amount of caffeine than regular tea, or even coffee. Caffeine has been shown, in some cases, to negatively impact fertility. So, drinking green tea is a viable alternative to coffee and some other teas.

Some research suggests that two of the main ingredients in green tea, hypoxanthine and polyphenols, may lead to a higher percentage of viable embryos. Other research has suggested that these compounds help increase the maturing of eggs, and may even make the eggs more fertile. In addition, polyphenols serve as antioxidants, which help protect your body from various diseases and other conditions.

Drinking green tea may even help not only with female fertility, but with male fertility problems as well. Some green tea advocates suggest that green tea may help with low sperm count, and even with sperm motility.

Green tea is usually sold as a dried leaf tea. Often, green tea is available in a decaffeinated form, as well. You can also purchase a green tea extract. Capsules and liquid preparations are also available.

Other health benefits of green tea that some people have suggested include:

- Increased success at weight loss attempts
    - Reduced risk of heart disease and heart problems
    - Reduces risk of various types of cancer
    - improves cholesterol levels, both lowering the bad cholesterol and raising the good
    - Help prevent tooth decay when used alongside a regular oral hygiene regimen
    - Increases the overall effectiveness of the autoimmune system.

As few as two cups of green tea per day may not only be able to help with conception, but may provide you many other health benefits as well.

Drinking more than a few cups of green tea a day can hinder the body’s ability to effectively absorb folic acid so it is recommended that you take extra folic acid if you intend to drink large quantities green tea to help your chances of conceiving.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

This is the link to the vitamins
    http://born2luv.blogspot.com.au/?m=1

Xox

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to see you had a BFN Minx but great that you can start again straight away. I always feel better if I'm able to be doing something.
    Midnite and Zak good luck with your cycles.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Would anyone mind explaining to me what usually happens after a failed FET cycle, if you don't ovulate naturally?

I'm 8dp5dt and tested with an FRER and got a BFN. I'm guessing that means I'm out, even though my BT isn't until Friday.

This was my first frozen cycle, and to do it I took the pill for a month to bring on AF, and then Progynova.

So, I'm wondering if I'll have to miss another month by taking the pill to get AF, or if there's anything else that can be done?

Thanks