+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ally - welcome. I am pretty pragmatic these days and have had 2 chemical pregnancies with low HCG and a MC. I also think whatever will be will be and with the chemicals it attempted to implant but didnt continue. Last time with the TESA we had a blast as previously only had day 3 embies.

Minxy - hubbie is well behaved these days although he has never been a heavy drinker. Doesnt help tho that FS is a caffiene addict and thinks there is nothing wrong with the stuff whereas the nurses have a totally diff approach. I have cut down to 1 earl grey tea in the morning and the rest herbal teas or water.

I actually rebelled tonight had a small coke with icecream - coke float which was just what I felt like.

I have forgotten now just how bad the syranal taste is and seems to have affected my sense as well.

Hubbie is in good books with me today - I have been glued to laptop trying to get uni assignment finished and has brought me drinks made dinner and cleaned up without asking.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (09-09-2012)

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default From BFP to BFN and moving forward (chem and early MC support)

Thanks misinterpret and minxy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ally hun, so sorry about your loss. I am d5 of stimms first cycle after a mis at 6wish (well blighted ovum of identical twin girls). I still have really bad days and I am pertrified about this cycle. But, I know now my body can get pregnant and keeps doing what it should (I had to have a D&C as HCG was still rising and at 14k at time of D&C), so FS says we just need the right embryo. I have slightly overreacted and we are now doing PGS with this cycle. Because I want to know whether we have some weird genetic issue going on - well I dont really but you know what I mean.

I dont think you ever get rid of the fear. And Minxy is right, its a numbers game, especially with MFI. You need to do whatever gets you through the days and the stress as best as possible. And some days there will be nothing you can do. IVF is a big experiment. Hang in there.

LOL to the rest of you with the TESE comments. My DH bless him for this has done both - TESA and TESE. His TESA sample was woeful. TESE much better. And he really didnt bat too much of an eyelid. But then again with azoo - no choice. And my old FS at the time, was very straight forward with him. This is what we do, this is how it will feel, and you will recover in so many days. I bribed him a bit (DH that is) with a holiday including a trip to Bathurst on the end of it all

Zak - your DH is naughty still smoking. Although I understand its an addiction (mine is food!), but its so damaging to sperms. I hope he can kick the habit sometime!

So glad I dont have to sniff that stuff you girls are taking it sounds like ****!

Hang in there everyone. Im trying too. Although honestly Im petrified that the loss will be our only "successful" cycle. But keep telling myself FS says we have a good chance, just need a good embie. Please universe...

xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SelM22 For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SelM22 View Post
    Ally hun, so sorry about your loss. I am d5 of stimms first cycle after a mis at 6wish (well blighted ovum of identical twin girls). I still have really bad days and I am pertrified about this cycle. But, I know now my body can get pregnant and keeps doing what it should (I had to have a D&C as HCG was still rising and at 14k at time of D&C), so FS says we just need the right embryo. I have slightly overreacted and we are now doing PGS with this cycle. Because I want to know whether we have some weird genetic issue going on - well I dont really but you know what I mean.

I dont think you ever get rid of the fear. And Minxy is right, its a numbers game, especially with MFI. You need to do whatever gets you through the days and the stress as best as possible. And some days there will be nothing you can do. IVF is a big experiment. Hang in there.

LOL to the rest of you with the TESE comments. My DH bless him for this has done both - TESA and TESE. His TESA sample was woeful. TESE much better. And he really didnt bat too much of an eyelid. But then again with azoo - no choice. And my old FS at the time, was very straight forward with him. This is what we do, this is how it will feel, and you will recover in so many days. I bribed him a bit (DH that is) with a holiday including a trip to Bathurst on the end of it all

Zak - your DH is naughty still smoking. Although I understand its an addiction (mine is food!), but its so damaging to sperms. I hope he can kick the habit sometime!

So glad I dont have to sniff that stuff you girls are taking it sounds like ****!

Hang in there everyone. Im trying too. Although honestly Im petrified that the loss will be our only "successful" cycle. But keep telling myself FS says we have a good chance, just need a good embie. Please universe...

xx
    My nurse told me to look at it as positive she said "at least you know you can get pregnant" which is true I suppose.

It's amazing how excited I can be while simultaneously being terrified!!!

Thanks for the stories and advice ladies! I am sending babydust out to you all. Good luck!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minxy how r u going? Been thinking of you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SelM22 View Post
    Minxy how r u going? Been thinking of you x
    Nawww... yeah going ok... No symptoms one way or the other at the moment. BT is on Friday. I spoke to my FN today and got my ducks in a row to go straight into a fresh stim cycle... and left a message for the FS to check the same thing. so if I get a BFN on Friday, I'll go down to the clinic in the afternoon nd get onto it. I have spare meds to get going over the weekend if need be. If I had preg symptoms, I probably wouldn't be looking at the next steps... obviously I am not feeling too optimistic for this cycle.

As for my arm, first physio session last.... Physio said I am doing very well considering... gave me some new exercises and told me to dial back my determination...lol... recovery is taking too long as it is!!!!!

But I am surrounded by babies this week, so that (some will think strangely) is keeping me buoyant. My very good friend has a baby arriving by Thursday (his wife is being induced on Thursday)... we've been anxiously awaiting for the last 2 weeks. And a girl at work announced she will be due in March.

Thanks lovely for asking.

How is everyone else going??

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Minxy all the best for tomorrow xox

Thanks
    Reviews

Hello lovely ladies, hope you don't mind me joining in...
    So I'm currently m/c after finding no heartbeat at my 7 week scan but was sort of expected as hcg was slow to rise. This was my 3rd BFP after HRT FET, 2nd m/c ( I had one at 6 weeks in may again with FET) and very sadly a stillbirth baby girl at 37 weeks due to a cord accident last November.
    I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Do any of you use progesterone pessaries and progynova? I kinda feel like maybe I should try a natural FET next time( I have 14 frozen embryos) as I'm terrified of gettin another BFP that's going to end in early m/c but is lasting that bit longer due to the drugs. As soon as I got the news there was no heartbeat I stopped the drugs and began bleeding less than 48h later.
    Any thoughts or advice would be great. I'm at Hollywood in Perth xxx

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Hi SJG,
    I can't sleep either! Saw your post and thought I would say hi and how sorry I am for all your losses, you have had a tough road. {{{big hugs}}} xxx

I've never done a HRT FET, mine have all been natural FET's with no progesterone support, except for 5 days of predisnone from day of transfer.

Have you discussed these questions with FS? Are there reasons why the medicated FET? Do you ovulate on your own? If you do, I find the natural FET's not taxing on the body at all and would definitely discuss it with FS. With that all said though, I've had 4 m/c, one was a fresh transfer and the others natural FET's, they still progressed without medicated support. It's thought that these were all abnormal embryos, after I had the last product of conception tested after a d&c.

14 embryos is fantastic!! Are they day3s?

Now I think after I have written this, I haven't answered your question, hard to go back as I'm on my phone.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi SJG,
    Our first transfer was bfp but lost it at almost 5 weeks just as I was getting excited.

I'm so sorry for your losses.

My next transfer will be a natural with crinone support after the FET. I'm not sure about HRT FET's my friend had totally medicated cycles though and she had 4 bfn then an early mc but her last transfer was successful so I guess it doesn't much matter what type of cycle they use.

Congrats on still having 14 embryos that's fantastic!!! I have 4 lol and I though I was doing well

I hope your next FET will stick xoxo