+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default From BFP to BFN and moving forward (chem and early MC support)

Quote Originally Posted by SelM22 View Post
    zak! I hope u get twins. Snuggle embies snuggle!!

Can u tell me about the acupuncture? What do they do. Do they put needles into your groin? Are u nudies? Lol.

Huggles, love it
    No problem.
    This is what happens with me. I have been having weekly acupuncture for past 10 wks, you are stripped to your underwear with blankets/ towels over you.
    Firstly I have a back massage, a certain massage focusing on ovaries and other trigger points. Then I have cupping done, usually about 8 glass cups a suctioned on to my back- have got a few bruises from them. Sometimes she will put needles in my lower back depending where I am in my cycle.
    Next I flip over and again depending where I am in the cycle, will depend if I have needles put in my pubic bone. I feel for the bone and then she knows exactly where to go instead of her feeling around. Then I get needles put in different areas, around knees, toes, ankles, top of head, ovaries. The other day she even had the needles on my ovaries plus used a tens machine connected to them- it was like little electric currents in my ovaries, it was to stimulate ovulation.
    All up I'm in there for about 1.5 hrs, she has given me herbs to take at different times of my cycle too. Even herbs to help my body expel all the old blood from my past m/c's. It costs $ 80 for acupuncture, but the herbs range from $25- $70. I get $27.30 back from phi only on acupuncture but that has a cap of$400- which unfortunately runs out soon.
    Today I had acupuncture before the transfer which was to encourage the body to expel cold from the body and encourage blood flow- needles were put around ovaries and pubic bone. Acupuncture after transfer concentrated on blood movement throughout the body and lifting my chi- well being. Needles were only in my legs afterwards she didn't touch my stomach at all- just kept the area warm- I fell asleep in the last session.

She has also put two small acupuncture pts in my ears, the top of the ear in the folds, that are for calming my nervous system and helping my anxiety/ stress over the next week or so. They will stay until they fall out or if they irritate me I can pull them out. I press on them if I need some more support.
    I've read a lot of bhubbers do the acupuncture but some are just doing the before and after transfer due to the cost.
    I think that's it, but ask away if not x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

SelM22  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow Zac, your acupuncture is so detailed
    I go to the Asian man I told you about & all my clothes stay on... He just rolls up my sleeves, pants & my waist of pants down to undie line... I have a needle in my forehead sort of between my eyes, top of my head, a few around my wrist / hand (only on my right side?!) then in both legs and ankles and tops of feet, and about 4 just above my undie line.... Then I lay there for around 20 mins.....

I'm in my 11th week, he wants to see me weekly for about another 4 sessions, then just monthly after that!

I've been a bit naughty, been having some fresh fruit & soft drink.... I've decided to take what he said about raw foods in my diet but don't want to feel I'm totally restricting myself as I've found since acupuncture I've been gaining weight... A lot to do with chocolate but also cutting fresh fruits out!

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks..... :'(

ET - 21/05/2012 - BFN
    ET - 14/06/2012 - BFN
    IVF all over for us for now..

Thanks
    Reviews
    What next for you MARTTC? My accupuncture was very similar to yours except I never had needles around my wrist, but sometimes on my hand near my thumb, lower belly, legs and head. I used to fall sound asleep and snore and then go home all relaxed. I've been craving sugar in a bad way lately. the lolly jar at work is getting the workout more than me!
    Hope everyone is doing OK.

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Hey Net!!

Yes I get the pts done near my thumbs too sometimes but not my wrists and only between my eyes if she is trying to switch my brain off and relax. I love my lady she is great, she even came in on her day off for me on Friday.
    Where are you at with everything?

Marttc: I know she is very thorough, she is good to talk too- very comforting and gives me this huge hug when ever I leave. It's like she is part of this journey too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Zac. I've got BT tomorrow but not too hopeful. Am trying to have a relaxing day and wondering if I should take a sickie tomorrow or not. Will POAS first and then see. If it's negative I'll stay home, positive I'll go to work. I just don't want to get bad news at work. It's enough to cope with by itself.
    Best wishes for your 2WW, good luck with the madness though the accupuncture should help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, I'm keen to read about your acupuncture experiences! I just had 2 x emby transfer yesterday - they weren't the best quality, so i've deided to try acupunture this week - hell, i'll do anything to help them stick! If this round is a BFN, i'll stick with it and then go before & after ET. I don't know if it would be worth it now, but i'll give it a shot. There is a clinic just around the corner from my work, and one of the specialities is infertility, so i'll have a chat to them. I had a wonderful massage on Friday afternoon (before ET) which really helped to relax me, so hoping that it might have helped on some level. This is only our 2nd round of IVF, our last round was cancelled due to incorrect medication, and i'm really just trying to remain positive. Its seems that we definitely have an egg/embryo quality issue. The little buggers go great guns for 3 days then degrade on day 4 *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KandP View Post
    Hi girls, I'm keen to read about your acupuncture experiences! I just had 2 x emby transfer yesterday - they weren't the best quality, so i've deided to try acupunture this week - hell, i'll do anything to help them stick! If this round is a BFN, i'll stick with it and then go before & after ET. I don't know if it would be worth it now, but i'll give it a shot. There is a clinic just around the corner from my work, and one of the specialities is infertility, so i'll have a chat to them. I had a wonderful massage on Friday afternoon (before ET) which really helped to relax me, so hoping that it might have helped on some level. This is only our 2nd round of IVF, our last round was cancelled due to incorrect medication, and i'm really just trying to remain positive. Its seems that we definitely have an egg/embryo quality issue. The little buggers go great guns for 3 days then degrade on day 4 *sigh*
    Hey Kandp.
    We are on lots of threads together
    My TCM lady said she had to see me 4 days after transfer too, so im booked in for Tuesday. I would still definitely try and get into see someone, as increasing blood flow and helping to calm your nervous system will be great for you during the mad 2WW.
    Did you see that post Peonies wrote about, and Im not sure if she attached an article but it was something about zinc being critical around day 3 of embryo growth, as its vital in all cell development. Also Royal Jelly and Maca Root are suppose to help with egg quality- DH can even take it! I started taking zinc this transfer, not sure if it will help but Ill continue it now in case we need to do a stim cycle.
    I find the acupuncture very relaxing!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

KandP  (26-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Net3811 View Post
    Thanks Zac. I've got BT tomorrow but not too hopeful. Am trying to have a relaxing day and wondering if I should take a sickie tomorrow or not. Will POAS first and then see. If it's negative I'll stay home, positive I'll go to work. I just don't want to get bad news at work. It's enough to cope with by itself.
    Best wishes for your 2WW, good luck with the madness though the accupuncture should help.
    Oh wow, I have everything crossed for you!! I would do the same, stay home if its a neg and go to work if its a BFP!! I hate being around other people when you get that phone call. Will be praying for you tonight!! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    After a HUGE chat with my DH today, we've decided that if this is a BFN, we're both going to see a naturopath. He's not as comfortable with the idea of donor eggs/sperm as i am (and i'm not 100% comfy with it either) so i said to him that if we want to keep going with our gear, we need to pull out all the stops.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by KandP View Post
    After a HUGE chat with my DH today, we've decided that if this is a BFN, we're both going to see a naturopath. He's not as comfortable with the idea of donor eggs/sperm as i am (and i'm not 100% comfy with it either) so i said to him that if we want to keep going with our gear, we need to pull out all the stops.
    My Dh isn't keen about TCM but he has been taking his vitamins last two weeks- which is great. Did you see the link I put on Kween K'iesha about Sharkeys Healing Centre? I would take a look at them, but fx you don't need too!!!!
    Last edited by Zakmick; 26-08-2012 at 21:20.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

KandP  (26-08-2012)