Reviews
    ((HUG)) Girlx

So sorry for your loss.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Amysan For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Girl x I am so very sorry xx huge big hugs for you xx be kind to yourself and let your body recover x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellavista For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakmick View Post
    Hey Girl X,
    I have been thinking of you, did you get the test done too?
    You are allowed me posts, don't feel obliged to do personals, we are here to support you at the moment.
    Take care, and here when you need us x
    Thank you.

No, I asked my FS about the test. He said that me and DH were both tested for anything genetic/ chromosomal when we started the IVF, and that we were fine. As it's my first miscarriage, he said that they usually look at the embryo under a microscope to rule out a molar pregnancy (which he said it wouldn't be, but was standard procedure), and then they only do further tests if there were recurrent miscarriages.

He said that usually it is just a chromosomal problem with the embryo, and that it happens very very commonly.

Thank you for the support x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Girl X
    Sorry you are joining our thread.
    MC is HARD HARD HARD. Somehow it seems even more magnified when you are also on IVF.
    So sorry to hear your very sad news.
    ((((((((HEAPS OF HUGS)))))))))

Come chat with us anytime on here- (sadly) we totally get it.
    Fortitude xoxo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry too GirlX. Cyberhugs for you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the ladies, I am feeling a little better today... Girlx sorry for your loss, I would've been 5 weeks today, the size of an apple seed they say...anyway I got my BT pushed from next Monday to tomorrow. I know they are just going to confirm my levels have dropped further but there's this tiny glimmer of hope that is praying they've suddendly taken off again. I know I shouldn't fool myself & that it's highly unlikely but I jus can't help it..for those asking about NKcells I have high levels & last two attempts on Prednisolone & clexane haven't worked so I will be going to see Dr Matthias who I read about in a thread, apparently he uses a more aggressive protocol with the one I'm on...my fs said I should try chromosome advanced testing before bc this is a major factor outlining why they embryo stopped...would like your thoughts if anyone else has done this.... to you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi: My heart goes out to you. I have been in that devastating position- praying, hoping above all that a mircale happens. For us it didn't, but some do. I truely hope you are one of the lucky one.

((((HUGE HUGS))))(((((HUGE HUGS))))(((((HUGE HUGS))))((HUGE HUGS))))

Fortitude

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Thank you.

No, I asked my FS about the test. He said that me and DH were both tested for anything genetic/ chromosomal when we started the IVF, and that we were fine. As it's my first miscarriage, he said that they usually look at the embryo under a microscope to rule out a molar pregnancy (which he said it wouldn't be, but was standard procedure), and then they only do further tests if there were recurrent miscarriages.

He said that usually it is just a chromosomal problem with the embryo, and that it happens very very commonly.

Thank you for the support x
    I understand FS's are hesitant in doing testing due to first m/c and everything but I wish sometimes they would be more proactive straight off the bat, with a first m/c (I think it would solve a lot of heartbreak and money)
    DH and mine individual karotype came back normal too but through the embryo testing it confirmed that yes it was chromosomal and not an issue with me carrying a child. It just helped me process everything and realise I can carry a child we just need the right fertilised embryo.

Hope your travelling the best you can x

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi77 View Post
    Thanks for all the ladies, I am feeling a little better today... Girlx sorry for your loss, I would've been 5 weeks today, the size of an apple seed they say...anyway I got my BT pushed from next Monday to tomorrow. I know they are just going to confirm my levels have dropped further but there's this tiny glimmer of hope that is praying they've suddendly taken off again. I know I shouldn't fool myself & that it's highly unlikely but I jus can't help it..for those asking about NKcells I have high levels & last two attempts on Prednisolone & clexane haven't worked so I will be going to see Dr Matthias who I read about in a thread, apparently he uses a more aggressive protocol with the one I'm on...my fs said I should try chromosome advanced testing before bc this is a major factor outlining why they embryo stopped...would like your thoughts if anyone else has done this.... to you all.
    Hi kiwi,

Oh wouldn't it be wonderful of your levels skyrocketed!!!!

Have you had testing completed to suggest chromosome problems- sorry I'm on my phone and can't look at your history?

FS spoke to us about pgd testing too, but was advising us against due to our individual karotype tests being normal- so the odds are in our favour for a correctly fertilised embryo.then gave the story about the numbers and luck game....

He did explain that sometimes when removing a cell to test it may cause a perfectly good embryo to become abnormal.

However with that said I think that that testing on certain days is better than others, I think that if you go back a few pages in this thread someone ( can't remember who??) was discussing the procedure with me.. I'll go back and try and find it.
    It wasn't in this thread but the melb thread KMVW posted this Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis http://www.monashivf.com/Services/Pr...sis__PGD_.aspx

Some clinics only test a certain number of the common abnormal chromosomes too, where other clinics will test all 28.

We have two frosties left, so the testing couldn't be done on them now but depending how the next FET goes we will think seriously about whether to go down that path.

I'm sure there is a thread on bh too about this testing as well...

x
    Last edited by Zakmick; 20-07-2012 at 14:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Home resting after knee operation, the torn cartilage was more severe than first thought. He said knee has deteriorated more since last op and wants to discuss at post op apt- wonder what that means??