+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck tomorrow Fortitude Unfortunately that's the million dollar question, but hopefully your FS may give you some more support after transfer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (02-07-2012)

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Net, I'll discuss with FS but I think it will be uphill battle as he doesn't want to change anything from last cycle. There is a BT that can be taken for nk cells that I read about in the US, do you know if it can be had here? I assume it could be.

Good luck fortitude, I have a list of questions and tests I wanted to discuss with FS when I went last time if you would like them, I didn't use them due to the results I received and were no longer relevant to the consultation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zacmick- I would like to have a look at your questions if you get the chance, Thanks. I guess as 41yo my biggest worry is when will the FS say enough is enough. But I guess that is a rather a difficult question to ask wanting an answer after only 1 cycle.

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    Zacmick- I would like to have a look at your questions if you get the chance, Thanks. I guess as 41yo my biggest worry is when will the FS say enough is enough. But I guess that is a rather a difficult question to ask wanting an answer after only 1 cycle.
    Just sent them to you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my FS appointment. No surprises. Debrief about the BFP turned BFN was exactly what we had spoken about on the phone when it was all happening: yes- disappointing, yes-probably chromosomally abnormal but yes-a good sign that eggs are working and the body still knows what to do.
    Excited now- FET July. Feeling a bit positive- the last cycle was so almost a success that it bodes good news. If the FET fails then we go straight into a stim cycle in August- no delays. YEAH!
    Spoke a little about how long to try cycles on my eggs- was told that since all fertilised and we got 1 excellent fresh blasty and 1 excellent frozen blasty that it is a good sign that the eggs are still useable So I shouldn't give up on my eggs just yet.
    Now I am just waiting for AF, first BT next week, with follow up BT until ovulation, 5 days later FET assuming it thaws out.
    Oh and bonus I am to be on the prog pessaries this time (lucky as I have about $150 worth left!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    I had my FS appointment. No surprises. Debrief about the BFP turned BFN was exactly what we had spoken about on the phone when it was all happening: yes- disappointing, yes-probably chromosomally abnormal but yes-a good sign that eggs are working and the body still knows what to do.
    Excited now- FET July. Feeling a bit positive- the last cycle was so almost a success that it bodes good news. If the FET fails then we go straight into a stim cycle in August- no delays. YEAH!
    Spoke a little about how long to try cycles on my eggs- was told that since all fertilised and we got 1 excellent fresh blasty and 1 excellent frozen blasty that it is a good sign that the eggs are still useable So I shouldn't give up on my eggs just yet.
    Now I am just waiting for AF, first BT next week, with follow up BT until ovulation, 5 days later FET assuming it thaws out.
    Oh and bonus I am to be on the prog pessaries this time (lucky as I have about $150 worth left!)
    Sounds like a great consultation and you came out feeling reassured. It's good when you come out of those apt's feeling relieved, heard and like where your next transfer/ cycle is headed. It puts you in a good head space for the next cycle/ transfer.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news, glad you walked out feeling positive and with some direction. Also pleased you can use your own eggs. Good luck over the coming weeks

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I’m sorry I just need 2 have a rant if that’s ok? U/s last Tues confirmed ectopic pregnancy in the left tube. Appt with Dr Wed & told she would take my whole tube (I was devastated but I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised) had laparoscopy on Fri & have been feeling pretty sore & sorry for myself hiding out at home. I had a Dr’s appt yest & was feeling really good about the plan for our FET so today I came back to work & one of the 1st women I saw (from a different section & has no idea that I was preg but was aware that I have been going through ivf) came up 2 me 2 show me photos of her grandson that was born on Mon. That is so good for her daughter & I am happy 4 her but I waited till she was gone b4 I cried. All I want 2 do is go home curl into a ball & keep crying. Sorry ladies I know u all have ur own probs I just needed to vent with people who understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni,
    I am so sorry to read of your loss and the double blow it being ectopic, it's such a cruel world at times {{{big hugs}}}
    Go home curl up and feel sorry for yourself, it is completely warranted. You are grieving over two losses your pregnancy and your tube.
    You are very vulnerable at the moment and it's completely understandable.
    I would be trying to take some extra time off work and maybe go back Monday. Give yourself time to grieve because otherwise it hits when it's most inconvenient- me the other day at Woolworths..
    Big hugs and rant all you like, that's why we are here, to help each other get through this turmoil. X

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

Toni 81  (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies

I will catch up on personals later, just wanted to let everyone know how my surgery went. The rear part of my cervix that leads to the uterine cavity was almost completely closed. Each attempt was making the scarring worse. My surgeon has now got it open and used a special gel he invented to stop the scarring reattaching itself together. He said there was no way I would have been able to get pregnant and now I can..........yah!

If you have ever had ANY procedures that involve your cervix/uterus, then discuss the possibility of Ashermans Syndrome. This includes especially d&c's.

Goodluck All

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (05-07-2012)