+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls,
    Well I went in with all my questions that I wanted answered by FS and they weren't relevant. The test of the product of conception ( poc) came back with abnormality, it had an extra trisomy 13 chromosome and duplication in 5 & 7.

So the good news is, I can carry a baby but the bad news, its turning into a luck game for us.

I questioned FS about how this could happen as both our individual
    Karotype results were fine and he said of had a lot to do with age etc.

Unfortunately the chromosomes that were the issue can't be rectified unless we go down the path of PGD and after discussions with FS, app to test the embryo before putting back in a cell is actually taken from the embryo which can in itself cause an abnormality and often perfectly good embryos are wasted.

FS believes we should stay on the same protocol for the next FET, and then discuss other options if we need to do another full cycle.

DH and I have chatted in depth tonight and DH believes if we were to meet with new FS before we transfer our last two FET my head wouldn't be in the right space and I would be questioning everything even more than I am. He is right. To give our last two embies the best chance I'll meet only with new fs if we need to do another cycle. FS said as we get older chromosome abnormalities are more common, well we still have one embie there that has been frozen since 2006 but haven't used it, we are thinking of using this one for next cycle. Younger embie may not have the risks that our current ones do.

I supposed the thing that I'm struggling with is we have done something different each transfer and that has helped me be positive about the the whole process and think this could possibly be the one. But now it's sort of in the lap of the gods, feels I have no control. It does feel good though to know I can get pregnant and I carry a child we just need the right embie to have fertilized correctly.

I'm ok with everything today, it's much better than getting an inconclusive result or no abnormalities as then there would be no reason for the m/c accept the problem being with me.

How's everyone going? Amps has AF showed??
    Z

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakmick For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you are on the right track Zakmick. It is hard isnt it when they say it is a numbers game. We ar thinking of making an appointment for a second opinion if this next stim cycle doesnt work out. My FS has made some changes like upping the dose and on clexane and other things that will hopefully make a difference.

I am waiting on AF and will hopefully start next stim cycle with AF in July. Have had real aching boobs last couple of days which I dont normally get and they are incredibly sore when at the gym so hopefully isnt too far away.

Both of us are taking the chinese herbs that my fertility acupuncturist has got us.

Hope everyone else is okay and tracking along. Have a good day all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zakmick
    Quote Originally Posted by ;6656780
    But now it's sort of in the lap of the gods, feels I have no control.
    Z
    It is hard, but in the end the FS can only intervene so much. They micro manage every aspect they can, yet at the end of the day we have to roll the dice and see what Mother Nature says. Because wish and try as we all might she has the ultimate say.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

Net3811  (28-06-2012),Zakmick  (27-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Time has rolled on by, next week I see my FS for a "post BFP turned BFN" review and a "plan out our FET in July" chat.
    Time may have passed, but the memories still remain. Trying to let go and face the chance that the same might happen again is hard. But I am on a mega vitamin cocktail and feeling hopeful, especially now research has given FETs the big tick of approval in terms of positive outcomes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    Time has rolled on by, next week I see my FS for a "post BFP turned BFN" review and a "plan out our FET in July" chat.
    Time may have passed, but the memories still remain. Trying to let go and face the chance that the same might happen again is hard. But I am on a mega vitamin cocktail and feeling hopeful, especially now research has given FETs the big tick of approval in terms of positive outcomes.
    Good to hear from you again, and glad time has gone by so you can work out next steps with your FS. The loss and fear of it happening again can be quite daunting but this may be your only chance to have another child. You're a strong person to have gone through this already, you'll be able to give it another go. I'm all for FETs, your body should have recovered by now waiting for this little embryo. You will feel a little more positive once you get started... FX for you!
    Last edited by Rachael3; 28-06-2012 at 19:37.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I realised today that it is almost 12 months since I started actively TTC. That was after an 8 month wait for donor sperm. Such a long time really. I spent last night researching clexane and other meds that could help with implantation. I hate to throw something else in the mix for you Zacmick but is that something you have looked into? Some of those therapies help hold genes together. Honestly I read so much last night I can't keep it all straight in my head.

I have an appt with FS tomorrow to discuss my final try with my own eggs. I will most likely do a cancelled IVF and convert to IUI. I like being able to see there's follies there but as most of mine were abnormal not much point going to surgery. At my age the odds of IUI and IVF are pretty much the same. I've honestly felt pregnant twice (and didn't the time I was) without getting any HcG at test so feel implantation may well be an issue. Anyway I'm hoping FS will be receptive to my plans.

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Net3811 View Post
    I realised today that it is almost 12 months since I started actively TTC. That was after an 8 month wait for donor sperm. Such a long time really. I spent last night researching clexane and other meds that could help with implantation. I hate to throw something else in the mix for you Zacmick but is that something you have looked into? Some of those therapies help hold genes together. Honestly I read so much last night I can't keep it all straight in my head.

I have an appt with FS tomorrow to discuss my final try with my own eggs. I will most likely do a cancelled IVF and convert to IUI. I like being able to see there's follies there but as most of mine were abnormal not much point going to surgery. At my age the odds of IUI and IVF are pretty much the same. I've honestly felt pregnant twice (and didn't the time I was) without getting any HcG at test so feel implantation may well be an issue. Anyway I'm hoping FS will be receptive to my plans.
    Um no! Please send me in the direction to read all about it please. Thankyou xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zakmick my FS at CFC also recommend Clexane for last FET - other than ouch of the injections and bruisemarks - we had chemical pregnancy so it tried to do something. Clexane assists with blood flow I think and thins your blood? I was also on high folate and baby asprin. For the next stim cycle I will be taking clexane from beginning of long down reg cycle (ouch) along with predsinolone - a steriod (spelling?), baby asprin and high folate as well. Hopefully this will work for you this time. Good luck.

Hi to everyone else. have a good weekend.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also Zakmick I also asked if I had any immunity issues like you read about people with NK killer cells etc. My FS said it was a bit difficult to test for unless you had specific reasons but by taking the stuff as mentioned above if there was any issues then that would hopefully kill it off or make it work etc.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (29-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me jumping on in this thread.
    I have just had my second early miscarriage after my second fresh IVF transfer.
    I am not coping with it very well. I miscarried that same week that our baby that we first lost would have been born.....I am struggling to understand why this has happened and how the universe can possible be so nasty.

My FS is doing a laparoscopy on me next Friday, something he said should have been done after my first miscarriage last year (I changed FSs after my first IVF and FET). If he finds nothing then he will do testing for Natural Killer Cells.
    Has anyone here heard anything about them/have them?
    I am so scared. But I need answers as well, so I hope my FS finds out what is going on.

I started this journey when I was 20, am now 22, and do not have any friends or family that can relate to me what so ever, my friends dont even want children yet, those that have them did not try for them but rather found out as 'surprises' and have had to work it into their lives.
    It annoys and saddens me that people who dont want or plan for children get them, yet we are all here, desperate for our own little miracles yet we dont get them or they get taken away from us in the blink of an eye.......I wish I knew why this was happening to me and to all you amazing women here

I have read a lot of the posts in this thread and I just want to say that you are all amazing and strong women. I hope I can come out the other side of this loss as strong as all of you.

Hugs to everyone, thank you for listening xoxoxo