+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    NAVITI RESORT!!!

I can't recommend it enough.. We went on the all inclusive package so it was cheap as chips.

Rooms were great!
    Food was delicious (they have 5 or so different restaurants)
    They have a kids club and although we didn't take any children the ones that's were there looked like they were having a ball
    All of the staff were soooo friendly and helpful!

I can't wait to go back! I loved Fiji!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thanks everyone for the great replies. Knomie why did you find it depressing? Does anyone else find that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went into Sigatoka and I found being in there depressing.

Lots of places we were told not to go and we were asked for money a few times but that's the only thing I didn't enjoy.

I wish we had been able to go see the villages.. From the streets I guess you could find it depressing but its the way they live and I find it really interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katezane View Post
    Wow thanks everyone for the great replies. Knomie why did you find it depressing? Does anyone else find that?
    Its third world... dogs that look like they haven't eaten in months, cows tied up to the side of the road, sheds for houses... 4yo walking by themselves, its really sad and makes you feel like if you have eaten today, then you are already wealthier then most of the Fijians that live there... by talking to some waiters I found out that you were looked after if you worked at a resort. One person was supporting 12 people on their wage...

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are going in august, doing a 4 day cruise around (my friend organized it so not sure of the details) then staying at the raddisson. We went to Hawaii last year so that will be hard to beat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beancounter View Post
    We are going in august, doing a 4 day cruise around (my friend organized it so not sure of the details) then staying at the raddisson. We went to Hawaii last year so that will be hard to beat.
    I've been to Hawaii and fiji is a whole different experience. Hawaii there are plenty of things to do. In fiji you dont want to leave the resort! I loved Hawaii but as a family holiday or a relaxing holiday fiji wins hands down!

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing - Im looking for family holiday ideas to take hubby for his 30th this year - we're on a budget though - did everyone book a package or book directly through the resort or travel agent?