+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Work stress - tummy pain

Hi ladies ....

I am a little unsure of what to do... I am 22 weeks pregnant and really struggling at work, I've always taken to much on and picked up others work when they have let slip...

I have stopped doing this now and pushed back on my colleges and have a someone with me I am training to take over my job..

My problem Is I am over stressing things that shouldn't be ... And causing myself pain.... I've been getting pains in my lower tummy and down the side .. I dont know if it's just normal pregnancy pain and hormones or what is going on ... I am confused ad scared

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I quit my job at 23 weeks due to lower back.pain (office job) and stress reasons....maybe get checked over by ur Dr? Hope all is ok xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    If might just be your ligaments stretching to fit your baby into your tummy. If it's your first, I found this pain was much worse.

It trends to run right down into your hip bones and to the too of your pubes sorts area.

Very common.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been in your situation- this time around, I finished work at 25 weeks due to pubic symphysis and (back, pelvic pain)- it just didn't feel right and I felt like I was pushing myself. Listen to your body- and try and overcome any feelings of 'I must be at work' ( I am sure we all feel that). It just isn't worth pushing yourself and getting stressed. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I don't make it to 6 weeks before my due date we don't get the paid parental leave... We have made to much to qualify for the baby bonus ...
    Hubby said if we could afford it I could
    Quit ... But we can't... I get terrible
    Back pain as well .... I am
    Just really struggling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you try and reduce your hours? Do you have any annual or sick leave to take a break (few days/week) just to relax and catch up a bit??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree see if you could take a week off if you can.
    The other thing you could do is have a mantrs of sorts, some little phrase to get you through the day. Like, "i couldn't care less cos i get to leave in 3 months whereas all you have to stay here longer, haha"
    Thats what i did when i was preg with DS; this time around i enjoy work so much more and the stress isn't something i let get under my skin, cos its not worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can you talk to your boss about delegating some of your responsibilities? Maybe take some of the pressure off?

Also, make sure you take a break at lunch time and try to do something relaxing - get out of the office for a walk, maybe a yoga class once a week if there's one nearby or just go sit down somewhere and zone out for a bit.

If you're worried about the pain make sure you call your Dr or midwife - its always better to check if you're not sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got back from seeing the midwives ... Bub is healthy and kicking with a strong heart beat .... Nothing abnormal ... Midwife suggests I find some way of lowering my stress levels .. :-) easier said then done .. Lol

I am very very relieved that bubby girl is ok though :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe a visit to your GP for a mental health plan? If you are experiencing anxiety/stress that is interfering with your day-to-day life, then a psychologist may be able to assist in providing strategies to reduce these feelings. I found that 6 visits to a psych a few years ago provided me very useful strategies to manage stress/anxiety in a variety of situations. It was really worthwhile.