+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a coffee in the morning and a diet coke during the day (only ever drink 1/2 a can) both while preg and BFing.

Never seemed to worry her or I

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first pregnancy I went completely off all caffeine. Drank only decaf coffee, no coke, and only tiny amounts of chocolate very rarely. I still developed high blood pressure and pre eclampsia. Doc told me I'd likely get it again in subsequent pregnancies, so last time and this time I figure if I want a coffee, I'll have one and enjoy it. If pregnant women followed every recommendation to a T we'd all be pretty miserable I think. Weigh the risks, and take the ones you can handle.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think under 300mg is safe.
    I currently drink 1 cup of instant coffee a day, and a diet coke or expresso 3/4 times a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't drink coffee, but like one of the posts, I have found coke helps with my morning sickness, so occasionally will have coke, no more than a 600ml a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In both my pregnancies I had a strong aversion to coffee during the first trimester so basically my body was telling me not to consume it. Gradually into the second trimester the smell of coffee beans became more appealing and soon I started craving a fresh coffee (I combined decaf ground coffee with the regular type). By the time the third trimester came around I was pretty much back to my regular coffee routine which was one flat white a day or an extra coffee if I was at Ikea (my hangout during the last 2 mths I was preggo with DD2).