+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coffee/ caffeine while pregnant

Is it okay to drink caffeine? How much is to much?

Sent from my VM670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I think in moderation it's said that caffeine is ok. So if you only have a cup of coffee a day or a glass of coke then it's fine. If you are having multiple cups a day while pregnancy you might like to try and cut back or switch to de-caf for some of them.

Also energy drinks are not really recommended while pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think this is one of those topics (like drinking alcohol, or eating soft cheese while pregnant) that comes down to your body, your baby, your choice...

You have some women who cut out caffeine completely, and others who still consume in moderation (ie couple cups a day).. And I've even met a couple who've made no change to their caffeine consumption

I've switched to decaf coffee but still have my regular cuppa tea every day. I gave up coke but that was coz I can't stand gassy drinks when preggars, nothing to do with caffeine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by jo7 View Post
    I think this is one of those topics (like drinking alcohol, or eating soft cheese while pregnant) that comes down to your body, your baby, your choice...

You have some women who cut out caffeine completely, and others who still consume in moderation (ie couple cups a day).. And I've even met a couple who've made no change to their caffeine consumption

I've switched to decaf coffee but still have my regular cuppa tea every day. I gave up coke but that was coz I can't stand gassy drinks when preggars, nothing to do with caffeine
    Exactley this I drank Coke while pregnant but limited myself to 1 or 2 cans a day tops... not because its wrong but because I was overweight and needed to put limits up lol Moderation and Personal Choice

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I drank Coke throughout my pregnancy. I'd have a glass or two every few days and I ate chocolate like there was no tomorrow. I couldn't help myself. Coke helped with my morning sickness as well. Weird but true. Make sure you plenty of water though because it can cause cramping.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was not to exceed 200mg of caffeine per day. Anything lower is considered fairly safe.

I went off of coffee during my pregnancies, but drank black tea and coke.

• 1 mug of instant coffee = 100mg
    • 1 cup of instant coffee = 75mg
    • 1 cup of brewed coffee = 100mg to 350mg, depending on beans and depending how it is made
    • 1 cup of tea = 50mg
    • 1 can of cola = 40mg
    • 1 can of "energy" drink = 80mg
    • 1 x 50g bar of plain chocolate = up to 50mg
    • 1 x 50g bar of milk chocolate = up to 25mg

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

angelmama74  (18-12-2012),Purple Lily  (24-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My doctor told me 2 Lots of caffeine a day- so I could have 2 coffees, or 2 cokes, or a coke and a coffee etc (she stressed that doesn't mean two of each though!). I drink redbull so she said 1 small can a day instead of the 2 cokes/coffee as redbull has a higher caffeine amount. Figured that's easy enough to follow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was told the same as Witwicky, no more than 200mg a day. I'm more a tea drinker than coffee drinker, so have a cup of tea of an evening and if I drink coffee (pregnant) it's a de caf. I cut out Coke when pregnant too, unless it's a pre mix coke.

My blood pressure is always super low, so my Doctor always tells me to go home and have a coffee!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have cut down on caffeine so I now 1-2 cups of regular black tea, and then I bought some naturally low-caffeine tea from T2 for the rest of the day (I'm a tea addict!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My OB told me one or two cups of coffee or coke a day would be ok