Closed Thread
Page 86 of 255 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    'Scuse my ignorance ladies, I've only done one cycle do far, but what is the difference between antagonist and long down reg? Not terms I've struck so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumtochris View Post
    I know this sound ridiculous, it’s not as if I’m going to get it on with anyone but I feel that I’m on show and would like to make myself more presentable. My DH thinks I’m crazy but how do I know what they say when I’m out of it. They’re probably extracting my eggs saying, wow she doesn’t have many eggs but gee her legs are silky smooth.
    OMG you cracked me up there mumtocrhis. So funny, I nearly choked on my wine.

Thanks Zakmick & DB - well, not written down, no. I'll post a couple of great resources where I have learned a lot though. Just have to find them again.

DB - I got sharp pains after last EPU too. I had surgery to remove fibroids last year & had internal bleeding afterwards (had to have emergency surgery the next day to stop the bleeding - nearly either had hysterectomy or died. Luckily neither!) But I worried that being in a fair bit of pain after EPU was because of my surgery, maybe I was more sensitive. My FS said he had to stab me a fair bit because several eggs just didn't want to come out of the follies, so that might be why.

As for antag Vs down reg, my FS has only recommended antagonist for me. I think antag is better to get a smaller quantity but better quality, and is useful for people who have a lot of follies or polycyctsic ovaries (or just the appearance of them, in my case). But long down reg is better for getting more eggs out of people who struggle to get many. Not sure, but that seems to be what I can gather.

Thanks
    Reviews
    franniesplace - I guess your FS didn't tell you what sort of cycle they recommended for you & why before you started?

Antagonist is when you only start drugs on day 2 of your cycle. You stim for about 10-14 days, then trigger & EPU. That's it. You inject with the stimulant (Puregon or Gonal F) and a few days in you also add an injection of another one, which stops you from ovulating on your own. This one for me was called Orgalutran, but DH & I call it Orangutan.

I have not done a long down-regulation cycle, but my understanding is that it actually starts the cycle before you stim. And there seems to be variety of steps and drugs involved, such as the birth control pill, some kind of nasal spray or injection, to suppress your ovaries completely. Then the stimulation starts & then EPU.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have done Bo a tag and long down reg.

As peonies says for antag it's exactly as was desribed above for long down reg I started sniffing synarel ( the drug that made me feel sucidal from. Day 3 of treatment onward) from 10-12 before AF through until trigger injection. I also then had to do gonal f from day 2 cycle with it then Orgalutran and following EPU pregnyl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellavista View Post
    I have done Bo a tag and long down reg.

As peonies says for antag it's exactly as was desribed above for long down reg I started sniffing synarel ( the drug that made me feel sucidal from. Day 3 of treatment onward) from 10-12 before AF through until trigger injection. I also then had to do gonal f from day 2 cycle with it then Orgalutran and following EPU pregnyl.
    I am so glad I don't have to use Synarel. I was so scared of sniffing anything. My down reg is:
    CD 21 - BT to check levels
    CD 22 - If levels good to go, start jabbing Lucrin once a day
    CD 1 - BT to check levels are baseline
    CD 2 - Inject Lucrin and Gonal-F once a day until trigger
    CD whatever - Stop jabbing, Pregnyl trigger
    Then EPU 36 hours after trigger, blah blah blah.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was also an antagonist cycle. I have a very high amh and polycystic ovary (not syndrome) so got alot of eggs on low dose puregon. Unfortunately also got mild ohss as my body was pretty happy on the drugs!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies - thats interesting. I had endo removed from my left ovary last year and thats where I think the pains are.... I wonder if its still healing after 3 cycles in 5 months??? Hmmm add that to my question list for FS

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clementine- congrats on being PUPO. Hope the tww flies by. I find I start to go pretty crazy in the second week. Fingers crossed for BFP!!

Gstef- bring on next fri for BT! Good luck!

Princess - the body never plays nice does it. When you want AF, it doesn't come and when you hope and pray that it doesn't come, it comes early nd probably in full force! Wishing you the best of luck on your IVF journey.

Mumtochris - your comment about having silky smooth legs also made me chuckle. Hope everything goes well at EPU. Will be thinking of you and praying for some more eggs (I'm not very religious so not too sure if my praying will help!)

Peonies - yes I agree you are a wealth of knowledge

Franniesplace - I didn't know what kind of cycle I was on either. I've only really sussed it out from my extensive reading of the bubhub forum!

B4us - I'm still waiting for AF too but I have signs that she's on her way!

For the ladies out there who have had a natural FET, what should I expect. Never had a FET before. Still progesterone support after as well.... Eeeew crinone was so gross!

And thank goodness I'm not the only one who thinks about whether I should have my lady parts looking pretty for epu/ET! I thought I was being really vain!
    to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    OMG you cracked me up there mumtocrhis. So funny, I nearly choked on my wine.

Thanks Zakmick & DB - well, not written down, no. I'll post a couple of great resources where I have learned a lot though. Just have to find them again.

DB - I got sharp pains after last EPU too. I had surgery to remove fibroids last year & had internal bleeding afterwards (had to have emergency surgery the next day to stop the bleeding - nearly either had hysterectomy or died. Luckily neither!) But I worried that being in a fair bit of pain after EPU was because of my surgery, maybe I was more sensitive. My FS said he had to stab me a fair bit because several eggs just didn't want to come out of the follies, so that might be why.

As for antag Vs down reg, my FS has only recommended antagonist for me. I think antag is better to get a smaller quantity but better quality, and is useful for people who have a lot of follies or polycyctsic ovaries (or just the appearance of them, in my case). But long down reg is better for getting more eggs out of people who struggle to get many. Not sure, but that seems to be what I can gather.
    Lol I even make sure my toe r nicely painted!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    I am so glad I don't have to use Synarel. I was so scared of sniffing anything. My down reg is:
    CD 21 - BT to check levels
    CD 22 - If levels good to go, start jabbing Lucrin once a day
    CD 1 - BT to check levels are baseline
    CD 2 - Inject Lucrin and Gonal-F once a day until trigger
    CD whatever - Stop jabbing, Pregnyl trigger
    Then EPU 36 hours after trigger, blah blah blah.
    I've done 2 down regs cycle now and have had better results that my antag cycle

Cd 21 -BT
    Cd 23 - start Synarel spray
    CD1 - AF arrives continue Synarel
    CD8 - Synarel & puregon injection
    CD16 - BT
    CD19 - ovidrel Trigger
    CD 21 - EPU