Closed Thread
Page 73 of 256 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GStef View Post
    Nk cells?? Other potential immune reactions??? What are these???
    NK cells are Natural Killer cells. You can do a blood test for them. Usually if you've had 3 miscarriages or lots of failed cycles they do the test. I think the cells just attack the embryo and don't let it implant, some people just for whatever reason have a higher concentration of them. You can also have clotting disorders which can prevent the embryo from implanting, or cause miscarriage. You can have a blood test for this too. I think for that, they put you on clexane injections which work like aspirin and thin your blood to prevent clotting. Both my cycles i've had BFP's, but both were early miscarriages so I'm trying clexane this cycle.

The mind spins when you have to think about all this stuff!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    NK cells = Natural Killer cells.
    http://www.hfea.gov.uk/fertility-tre...mmunology.html
    http://www.ivf1.com/ivf-implantation-failure/
    http://www.bubtree.com.au/Fertility-...Fertility.aspx

Our bodies actually try very hard to fight off the foreign object that is an embie. The embies have to fight hard to overcome that. As my FS said, "Humans are very poor reproducers".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbutterfly View Post
    I.did my pregnyl shot today.... And it was a shocking experience! The glass vial shattered when DB snapped the top and went everywhere.
    This is the second time I've heard of this happening recently! I used pregnyl for trigger, and mine snapped off perfectly, but I will be so nervous doing it next time after the couple of stories on here! Surely they could think of a better way to package the meds??

Then dopey me couldnt get the cap off the needle.
    I did have trouble with this though. I remember panicking as it got closer and closer to the time I was meant to be jabbing, and I couldn't get the bloody cap off.

Thanks CG. I believe FS knows best, and if she didn't give DH any suggestions for trying to get some sperm, she must think any methods are pretty much a lost cause. It's sad, but also a relief that we don't feel the pressure the spend heaps on other therapies that probably won't work.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

dancingbutterfly  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so bad, i just ate nearly half a bag of chocolate buttons... i hope this embryo likes chocolate. Being on the estradoil makes me crave sweet stuff like nothing else! (normally I'm not a sweet tooth).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs ngaiz xxxx That really sucks darl. After my first cycle AF was very clumpy, clots and painful. 2nd cycle very light no pain?
    How long will you have off? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    NK cells are Natural Killer cells. You can do a blood test for them. Usually if you've had 3 miscarriages or lots of failed cycles they do the test. I think the cells just attack the embryo and don't let it implant, some people just for whatever reason have a higher concentration of them. You can also have clotting disorders which can prevent the embryo from implanting, or cause miscarriage. You can have a blood test for this too. I think for that, they put you on clexane injections which work like aspirin and thin your blood to prevent clotting. Both my cycles i've had BFP's, but both were early miscarriages so I'm trying clexane this cycle.

The mind spins when you have to think about all this stuff!!
    I want this checked if this cycle doesnt work. I have high white cell count due to allergies so I keep wondering if this contributes?!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Ouch you poor thing!!! Hope the TWW goes fast for you, its the absolute hardest bloody part i reckon! Can i ask, what do you guys do pregnyl for? i've never had it but am wondering why?
    pregnyl is a progesterone booster. Its meant to trick your body into thinking you are pregnant so it keeps producing progesterone. It can help to extend your luteal phase as well. I have issues with spotting during my normal cycle so hoping it will help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbutterfly View Post
    I want this checked if this cycle doesnt work. I have high white cell count due to allergies so I keep wondering if this contributes?!?!

If i have another miscarriage, I'm getting these tests done. They said they didn't need to do them yet, the FS said she thinks i've just had bad luck. I asked to go on the clexane because I've heard it can help. The nurse said its one of those things that might help, but doesn't do any harm so i figured i'd try it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agreed Clem. I am doing aspirin this cycle but have added clexane for the future discussions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz sorry, you sound like me after my second and third cycles failed. I don't know what fertility issues you are dealing with but I have been told constantly it is a numbers game (mfi). I was told within 1 to 4 cycles.

I lost faith and became quite depressed after cycle 2 & 3 failed. My FS ran a lot of tests checking for implantation issues after cycle 3.

They came back fine, but I still didn't believe I would get pg. I got a second opinion, the new FS ordered more tests and a hysteroscopy for after cycle 4 if it failed.

In the end it was a numbers game witjhcycle 4 being a bfp. You just have to believe it can happen unless they tell you otherwise.

Btw if you want to know the tests I've had I can give you a list. Good luck, try to keep positive.

If you need to talk to someone please use your clinics counsellors, I did and they helped me.