Closed Thread
Page 71 of 256 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls! Just had a call from my FN. they want me to go in for my booster of pregnyl tomorrow morning. Also, we ended up getting 4 happy little embryos to freeze! Yay!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    4 frosties - congratulations. That is wonderful news!!!

Everyone around me is fertile, too. It's hard being asked over and over again about how we're doing, when we're having babies... I'm CLOSE to putting the 'we're going through IVF, stop asking!' thing politely on Facebook - but at the same time, I want SOME things left private, you know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yay GStef!! That's fantastic!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done GStef, that's a great result

mrsjaguar, I feel exactly the same. It gets harder as time goes by.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Newby here.
    Just had our first appointment with the FS today!
    Hoping to start IVF/ICSI August.
    About me, I'm based in Qld and am seeing Dr Watson at North West Medical - received the all clear for exam but waiting on bloods.
    My husband had testicular cancer and an RPLND 10 years ago, so we are unfreezing his little swimmers and hoping for the best.
    Excited and apprehensive for this journey and looking forward to reading your stories and sharing your journey.
    S xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GStef View Post
    Hi girls! Just had a call from my FN. they want me to go in for my booster of pregnyl tomorrow morning. Also, we ended up getting 4 happy little embryos to freeze! Yay!!
    WOW!

Considering an AMH level of 1.1 that is a OUTSTANDING result!
    These are your embryo frosty babies:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Princess, and well done Gstef, what a dream result, I'd love to end up with that many frosties! Hope the TWW goes fast.

Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    My DH had aspiration, a biopsy and then a full microdissection - not a drop. If we'd found even only a couple of sperm we would've done anything we could to use those. But there was literally nothing ... and no physical reason why. He had all sorts of chromosome tests (an FS doesn't know to do these usually - it wasn't until we saw the urologist that he asked about those chromosome tests), his testosterone levels & everything else were normal. And yes, your DH having low testosterone could be a reason. Have you tried him on acupuncture, any supplements etc? Having some is better than having none at all, trust me!!
    He had the chromosomal tests done when he was with his ex, all clear. Our FS has seen these results and was pleased that she didn't have to bother with any of those tests. I think she implied that the reason for his infertility and low testosterone could be the same thing (whatever it is), but not that the low testosterone actually caused his infertility. Supplements like Menevit did nothing, and he told me he tried herbs six years ago which didn't really help either. I don't think I could get him to even try acupuncture, but FS basically told us that there was pretty much nothing we could do to help in this situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    My DH just doesn't even produce any sperm whatsoever. It's so weird. The urologist just didn't know why - he said DH was an enigma. I asked if it might have something to do with him being a twin - like something just didn't develop properly in DH (but did in his bro), but he kind of dismissed that.
    Now I am curious... since he is a twin did his twin donate the sperm? cause it would make sense if they are identical twins. Just saying...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Princesspud, I have a story for you My dh had Testicular Cancer two years ago, he had Chemo and numerous operations as well. We just got our first BFP after 4 icsi attempts using his frozen sperm. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, so many pages to go through today. Both myself and DH come from large families, I'm one of four (dad is one of 14) and DH is one of five (mil is one of 13 and fil is one of 8) and not a single relative has ANY fertility or reproductive issues. I have 60+ first cousins!!! Todays comments have brought a smile to my face, this truly is an entertaining thread with a great bunch of ladies. I only had my first smear at 25 after two years of ttc, now every man and his dog has had a good look. I feel as though dildocam and shorhorns are more common than coffee and wine these days.

Gstef, Rachael, Arli and dancing butterfly-all the best for the remainder of your tww. Great results Gstef.

1xbabyplease-I feel ya girlfriend I have everything crossed for you.

Clem-good luck tomorrow!

Mumtochris-good luck, I hope your follicle numbers increase and you don't get cancelled.

KandP-how rude!! I'd be livid!!! I don't do well when I'm angry an tend to absolutely explode, but DH is worse so I still have to deal with everything.

Lynlee-welcome. I'm a complete injectionphob. I'm fine with blood tests and tattoos but don't try and inject me. I once had a tooth pulled without anaesthetic because I was so terrified of the injection. I start having a panic attack at the thought of it. I did mine all myself, if I (a big whimp) can do it, anyone can.

Fortitude-all the best for Monday.

Welcome PrincessPud, LillyJand any other newbies.

MrsJ-I'm not going to miss jabbing thats for sure.

Peonies-I don't think you can know what to expect after m/c. I wish you all the best.

Kmvw-I wish you a healthy and stressfree pregnancy.

Sorry to those I've missed, it's so hard to keep up. But you will all be in my thoughts.

Afm-I'm out again BT confirmed my BFN. I'm only on my second cycle, yet it feels like my 22nd, I truly admire those of you who are long termers. I wish I knew why I'm not getting implantation. I understand that going from a BFP to a BFN must be heart wrenching, but right now I really want to know it's even possible to get UTD. I will continue this journey as long as there is still hope, money isn't an issue (I'm not wealthy but my clinic is affordable). We won't be going down the donor path or adoption as it is important to us that we have biological children. We get good egg numbers and great fert rates so where else can it be going wrong?
    AF is horrible too, I'm wondering if my lining was too thick (8mm 4 days prior to EPU) TMI warning-parts are coming out thick and dry, like old blood but lots of it in lumps. What kind of things can I ask my FS about? I'm gonna to take a couple of months off but try to fit another cycle in before the years end. I'm also going to take a break from BH but will pop often to check on you all. In the nicest way possible, I hope I never come across any of you again in the IVF forums. Thank you all for your support.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 10-07-2012 at 19:49.