Closed Thread
Page 70 of 255 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Got spotting. Come on AF, come on! Even though it totally hasn't been 2 weeks since I ovulated. My cycles would not normally be this short, but hopefully it's normal to have a long cycle then a short cycle after a miscarriage ... and then be normal. Anyone got any thoughts?
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 10-07-2012 at 15:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ROLL CALL

Limbo Land
    Amps
    LKeith
    KandP
    Sariele
    Emmylou81
    Zakmick

Waiting for AF
    Peoniesarepretty
    Princess of hearts
    Wunsi
    lilbabysteps
    Lackers

Tracking
    KDSD

Pill Popping
    Clementine Grace
    Tiggerfields
    Lynlee
    Eaglegirl
    Lillystar

Sniffing

Jabbing
    1 xbabyplease
    Bubs4kylee - Lucrin
    Lib77
    MrsJaguar - Lucrin

Sniffing & Jabbing

Mumtochris

EPU

ET
    GStef 9/7

FET
    Dancingbutterfly 9/7
    Clementinegrace - 13/7
    Fortitude - about 20/7
    b4us - 1/8

TWW
    1xbabyplease
    Ngaiz
    Rachael3
    Gstef

Hugs needed this time

Graduates

Kmvw

Just adding myself to the roll call

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome Lilly J

Emmylou, how are you going?

Mrs Jaguar hope this is the lucky one!

Ngaiz, hope you are doing ok today.

Gsef, its awful isn’t it, hope it goes by quickly for you!

Peonies, yup my cycle was a bit stuffed up after the miscarriage.

Sariele, yeah Edinburgh is one of the places we’ve picked out to live too. We’d prob only do it for a year or so, we both have a lot of family in the UK. That would probably make it easier to plan, if you just knew from the get go. We we’re quite shocked to find out DP was infertile (about a year ago) he was pretty upset. Both of us have quite a few siblings and we have 12 nieces/nephews between us so no one in our family has trouble having kids. It’s kind of crazy because of all of the brothers and sisters on both sides, we’re sort of the most responsible ones and we’re the ones who cant have kids! Go figure.

Eek i just realised our “tww” starts today pretty much. 2 weeks from today will be our BT to see if it’s a bfp. 3 more days till transfer, yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to live in Edinburgh - man, I love that place. Clem, I know what you mean about the shock of finding out about infertility. It was really weird that my DH is too - he is 1 of 5 kids himself, his dad is also 1 of 5 and his mother came from a family at least as big. 3 of his brothers have kids. So why doesn't he produce sperm???

Thanks
    Reviews
    We loved Edinburgh when we went there on honeymoon a couple of months ago. I'd been there before, but for whatever reason wasn't fussed on it, however when there with DH I really liked it! We'd be happy to live there for a while I think, if the opportunity ever arose.

I've just been looking back at TTC threads from a couple of years ago on another forum I visit. In one of them, I was convinced I was pg because of late AF and convincing "symptoms", and thought I must have been one of those people that HPTs don't work for... Man I was so deluded back then. I wish I could travel back in time and tell me of two years ago that DH is azoospermic and you haven't a chance in hell of conceiving naturally, so stop bloody wasting your energy on obsessing and your money on HPTs!

But then again nothing's changed -- I wasted so much money on HPTs in my ICSI cycle, and now I'm waiting for AF this cycle I'm still symptom-spotting a little: checking CM every time I wipe, prodding my bbs and making note of every abdominal twinge. At least now I know they mean nothing at all, however.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    I used to live in Edinburgh - man, I love that place. Clem, I know what you mean about the shock of finding out about infertility. It was really weird that my DH is too - he is 1 of 5 kids himself, his dad is also 1 of 5 and his mother came from a family at least as big. 3 of his brothers have kids. So why doesn't he produce sperm???
    Yup DP is from a big family, they breed like rabbits! Our FS thinks it could have been that DP was working with chemicals and paints for 6 years out of high school, that could have knocked them out. He has good quality sperm, we got a high fertilisation rate, just very low numbers. Could also just be bad luck? I guess with boys, its always a guess.

Oh we’d Luuurve to live in Edinburgh, it’s such a beautiful place! We there 3 years ago when they had that big freeze, and we were in Edinburgh when the first snow flakes fell. Such a lovely place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH just doesn't even produce any sperm whatsoever. It's so weird. The urologist just didn't know why - he said DH was an enigma. I asked if it might have something to do with him being a twin - like something just didn't develop properly in DH (but did in his bro), but he kind of dismissed that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    My DH just doesn't even produce any sperm whatsoever. It's so weird. The urologist just didn't know why - he said DH was an enigma. I asked if it might have something to do with him being a twin - like something just didn't develop properly in DH (but did in his bro), but he kind of dismissed that.
    My DH stumped our FS too; she can't see any concrete reason why he's not producing sperm. We haven't tried aspiration or anything yet; we are probably going to use up his 6-year-old frozen stuff before we try anything else. When he did IVF with his ex-wife back then, he had very very poor count, morphology and motility, and now that's dwindled to nothing at all. He is obese, and has low testosterone, but FS never indicated that either of these were a potential cause of his infertility. Now that he's lost some weight though I'd be interested to see if his SA has changed at all. Probably not, but one can hope.

TBH I am so impatient that I wish we could just go straight onto donor sperm now... it is very selfish of me, as I know DH will have issues having to use donor sperm. But I just don't feel like his stuff is going to work for us. My last cycle indicated that what little he has in the frozen straws, the motility and morphology is so bad that fertilisation is always going to be a challenge. Let alone embryo survival.

Sorry, feeling kind of down about everything today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH had aspiration, a biopsy and then a full microdissection - not a drop. If we'd found even only a couple of sperm we would've done anything we could to use those. But there was literally nothing ... and no physical reason why. He had all sorts of chromosome tests (an FS doesn't know to do these usually - it wasn't until we saw the urologist that he asked about those chromosome tests), his testosterone levels & everything else were normal. And yes, your DH having low testosterone could be a reason. Have you tried him on acupuncture, any supplements etc? Having some is better than having none at all, trust me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I Too come from a big family 3 sisters 1 brother and I am the only one with fertility issues! My twin sister fell very easily and is expecting next month! I am trying to be really positive but my mind plays tricks on me I am just praying I have one good egg left and I can have a baby! Otherwise iit looks like we will have to head down the donor pathway! Not having a baby is just not an option for me so I will try anything! Does everyone else feel the ssame way? I am hostin my sisters baby shower this weekend so I hope I don't get too upset . She is my twin and she has been so good to me through this horrible time